Plagued Minds;; Taeyeon's POV

Counting Down the Days

Day Two

I swear she's avoiding me. She left for school early, leaving me waiting for twenty minutes only for Sunny to ring me and tell me that Tiffany had arrived at school early. It was nice of Fany to let me know and everything. I sighed, shrugged it off and continued walking to school alone.

At lunch, she didn't even sit with us. Nevermind me, but Sunny, Jessica, Yuri... Other than me, those three were like her best friends. Apparently not anymore, hey?

"Where's Tiffany?" Yuri asked before I had to.

"Sat with Taecyeon and those guys," Jessica replied coldly. At least I wasn't the only one feeling left behind, then.

There was a silence, only broken by Seohyun. "I hear she's got a Science project to do with him. She's probably just focusing on her studies at the moment."

Sure. Focusing on her studies. I wished I could believe it.

 

Day Three

Today I sat next to Tiffany in History. I tried to act normal, as if nothing had happened, by asking her if I could borrow a pen. All she replied with was a quick nod, a smile and shoved a pen in my direction.

 

Day Four

Oh, Tiffany, how you plague my mind. No thoughts are here that don't involve you. The slightest word, the slightest smell or touch or an old song on the radio all comes drifting back to you. Then, back to the other night. That night. Now that I think about it, maybe I don't regret it. Maybe I do want to be with you. Aish, such crazy talk. See what you're doing to me? Loving a girl. Ha. Love in general: ha.

 

Day Five

Lunch time dragged on today. Yuri was practically feeding Jessica's food to her - they were lost in each other's eyes, unaware of the world around them. They're so blatantly in love, yet neither one would ever admit it. To admit it would surely be a death wish. I looked around my group of friends. If Yuri and Jessica were, hypothetically speaking, to date, who here would leave them? Who here would be the ones to glare at them, whisper behind their backs, even throw things at them or witness them being beat up down an alleyway - and do nothing about it?

Somehow, I fear it would be far too many.

Not the entirety of lunch was a bore, though. Today, she spoke to me. That's right, Tiffany spoke to me. As I was taking my tray back, she suddenly walked up beside me. I don't know how long she was there for, but she almost scared me to death when she spoke.

"Taeyeon?"

My tray jolted in my arms as I turned to face her, eyes probably wide open, mouth lost for words. She giggled at me slightly, steadying my tray and setting it down for me. I tried to bring myself back to conscious thought, stepping somewhere quieter to, as I assumed she was hoping, talk.

"I'm having a sleepover tomorrow night," she skipped straight to the point, a massive grin across her face and her hands held together beneath her chin as she spun on her heels. "I've already been to ask the others. All nine of us! It'll be so fun! Will you come?"

"I...uh, well yeah, sure I-"

"Great!" Fany hopped on the spot, clapping her hands together. "Okay. Seven o'clock at my house, right?"

All I could manage was a nod before she skipped away again, leaving my thoughts running wild. Dangerously wild, probably. Stupid byuntae.

When I sat with the girls again, they just looked up and smiled. Tiffany still wasn't with them. Maybe Seohyun was right - perhaps I was blowing this entire situation far out of proportion. Whatever had happened four days ago meant nothing now; I had to learn to move it aside.

"What are you bringing, Tae?" Hyoyeon piped up, a look of glee in her eyes, probably from the excitement of being invited to a sleepover. If there's someone who loves sleepovers the most within our group, it's Hyoyeon. "I'm bringing music, Seohyun's bringing healthy snacks, Sooyoung's bringing unhealthy snacks and Jessica's bringing pillows."

"So... films, then?"

 

Day Six

Pretty mucht the whole morning was spent raiding the film shelves in our house. Hayeon kept begging me to play with her, to take her for a bike ride or watch this film or that film. Constantly I denied her, only to regret it later when she went up to her room sulkily. Don't get me wrong - I love Hayeon, but some things are more important than watching Transformers.

Mum only just returned home at four. Returned home, as in, from last night's work. Dad was fuming, of course. She waltzed into the house, whistling and slinging her bag around all over the place. "It's gonna be a bright-bright-bright SUNSHINING DAAAAY!"

Dad leaped down the stairs. I, however, did the opposite and went to sit in Hayeon's room. Any time mum returned home drunk was bad enough, but it had been over twenty four hours since she last left the house. All I could here for the next three hours was their screaming.

"What, so who is it you've got paying for all this alcohol, then?"

"Minyoung from work!"

"Yeah, well that's not what she said when I rang her last night!"

Hayeon clung to me, tears soaking into my hoodie. I her head soothingly, singing to her. That's what I always used to do when Hayeon was a baby - I would rock her in my arms and sing her lullabies. Now I sing some of my own songs, or even those that Tiffany has written. She's so good with words...

"When will they stop?" she muttered through tears.

"I don't know, Hyeonie," I whispered, cradling her.

As the clock ticked to seven o'clock, I heard a door slam. Only my father's heavy footsteps could be heard against the stairs.

"Listen," I a piece of hair behind her ear. "I've got to go now. There won't be any more arguing whilst I'm gone, I promise. When I get home, I'll even watch Transformers with you!"

She nodded, and with that I kissed her forehead, pulled my bag over my shoulder and left.