Chapter 13.

The Kiss Dispenser
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mwahahahaha! The sadistic part of me enjoyed your whining a lot! xD
But the kind part of me decided not to make you wait too long...
Here's your reward for being such great readers! <3

 

He looks at me with big round eyes, obviously shocked and caught off guard. Then his expression quickly turns into an embarrassed one.

"Why do you want to know?" he mumbles and averts his eyes.

Well, what should I tell him? I think behind honest is the best thing to do, isn't it? Yes, I'll be honest with him, because I want him to be honest with me.

"I'm curious."

He frowns but still doesn't look back at me. I wonder what's going on in his head right now...

"Curious about what? Gossips?"

His voice is so soft it's almost a whisper.
I frown as I register his words. Gossips? Why would I care about gossips? I don't give a about what people say, that's why I'm asking him directly.

"No", I retort. "I'm curious about you."

He blushes and bites his lip, looking up at me hesitantly. I look back into his eyes, trying to show him all my sincerity. He doesn't say anything for a while and the room turns into an awkward silence. We just keep at staring at each other without a single word spoken.  

Maybe I shouldn't have asked... He's probably not comfortable talking about it.

I'm about to tell him to forget about it when he suddenly speaks again.

"If I tell you... Do you promise not to tell anyone?"

I hold my breath at his words. I'll never admit it but I'm somehow touched. He trusts me, he really does.

"Of course", I immediately reply.

His eyes travel all over my face, before he looks back into my eyes. He remains silent for a few seconds and then suddenly takes a long, deep breath. His eyes leave mine and focus on the pillow he's currently holding.
 
"Actually", he starts, his voice a bit weaker than usual. "I used to kiss my dad like that since I was a kid. Every time h-he... needed a cheer up... I'd kiss him... Do you think it's weird?" he suddenly freaks out and looks back into my eyes with apprehension.
 
"Nope", I immediately reassure him with a smile. "Many kids kiss their parents on the lips. It's just filial love, isn't it?"
 
"Yes", he whispers, instantly relaxing, and smiles back at me.
 
"Now you're probably a bit too old to do that though..." I add a bit playfully, trying to ease the tense atmosphere filling the room.
 
Donghae's smile turns into a bitter grimace and he bites his lips, averting his eyes again.
Aish, did I say something I shouldn't have again?
 
"Aahhh... Do you still do it?" I ask, rubbing my nape, feeling a bit uneasy.
 
"No", he whispers. "Dad was sick. He died."

I feel like a stone dropped on my head. My eyes widen and I silently gasp. . Why did I open my ing mouth again?
 
"I-I'm... I'm sorry..." I mutter and move a bit closer, trying to catch his gaze with mine again.

He shakes his head and looks back at me, a sad smile stretching his lips as he obviously tries not to cry. But I can see his eyes already getting teary. My heart painfully clenches at the sight. I move closer and start to struggle against my own mind. I want to take him in my arms, to hug him tight and comfort him, but another part of me just can't do it.

"He... He loved me a lot you know?" Donghae suddenly mutters in a whisper. "He was giving me so much love... And then, he was gone and I felt so...empty. I had nobody to kiss and love me anymore... The day he died, half of my heart died with him and I... I just..."

A tear runs down his cheek and I just loose it. I grab his shoulders and pull him into my arms. He gasps and freezes but I don't care. I wrap my arms around him and press him against my body. He suddenly starts sobbing quietly and his hands find their way to my back, my t-shirt.
 
"I d-don't really know how it t-turned out like t-this..." he sobs into my ear. "I was j

Please log in to read the full chapter