Chapter 12.

The Kiss Dispenser
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I glance at the clock on my kitchen's wall. Almost 2pm. He should be here soon.
My stomach clenches at the thought. I'm getting a bit more nervous as time passes by.

I didn't think so much about it yesterday. After having some fun teasing Kyu with Changmin, I left them and directly went to my dance class. I was a bit early but I didn't mind. I started practicing alone until the others showed up. I forgot everything then. I always forget everything when I dance. I enter another world and nothing else matters.

I danced and practiced for three hours before I eventually went home, exhausted but satisfied. Dancing always leaves me in bliss for hours. I showered, ate and went to bed. As soon as my head touched the pillow, I was asleep.

When I woke up, I just went downstairs to eat my breakfast. My parents were already gone for work and I ate alone in the kitchen, still a bit foggy. Once done, I went back in my room and gathered some clothes. My phone suddenly rang and I grabbed it. I had a new message from an unknown number. I curiously opened it and my heart jumped in my chest as I read it. It was Donghae, asking me my address.

That's when I started to panic.

I sent him a quick reply and told him he could come at 2pm. I checked the hour and cursed as I discovered it was already noon. I threw my phone on my bed and grabbed my clothes before I rushed to the bathroom. I showered for a while, enjoying the burning water on my skin (and taking the chance to stay a bit longer than usual without being harassed by my parents asking me to get out faster).

When I got out, clean, dressed and my hair nicely fixed, I went back to my room. It was almost 1pm. I ran downstairs and tidied the living room for us to study there. No way we're going to lock ourselves in my room. Too scary. Studying in the living room makes this whole situation a bit less awkward.

After half an hour of tidying, I went back to the kitchen and dropped myself on a stool. Since then, I remained pathetically numb on that stool, my eyes regularly glancing at the clock and my whole body getting more and more tense.         

Why do I have to be so nervous? It's not like something will happen. We're just going to study. Nothing will happen. Absolutely nothing.

I jump as the doorbell suddenly rings. Huuuhh... Here it goes...

I stand up and slowly make my way to the front door. I take a deep breath before I grab the knob and open the door. Donghae's there, shyly smiling at me. I smile back and open the door a bit more.

"Hi", I greet him as I step back to let him in.

His smile gets a bit wider and he politely bows to me before stepping inside. I roll my eyes at his behavior but can't stop the amused smile stretching up my lips. He really is cute.

He takes off his shoes and follow me to the living room, his eyes exploring my house with an obvious curiosity. I lead the way to the room and motion him to sit at the dinning table.

"I'll pick up my laptop", I tell him and he quickly nods. "Just make yourself comfortable."

He nods again and I leave the room. I release a heavy sigh as soon as I'm out of sight before I quickly run upstairs. I race to my room and grab my small white laptop. Less than a minute later, I'm back in the living room and find Donghae waiting for me, quietly sitting at the table. As I enter the room, he looks up at me and smiles widely.

D-Damn... Please tell me I'm not blushing...

I clear my throat and avert my eyes as I come to sit beside him. I put down my laptop on the table and turn it on. He shifts on his chair and the silence

Please log in to read the full chapter