number one

academia: a guide to know-how

Number one: Fight against plagiarism

What's good about asianfanfics is that the site fight against plagiarism. We often hear the word 'plagiarism' but, how do we define plagiarism?

According to asianfanfics' faq, "We take plagiarism seriously on Asianfanfics. It's unethical and against copyright law. Please note that providing disclaimers that it isn't yours or changing minor wordings does not exempt you from copyright unless you have the express written permission of the copyright holder. Copying another story word-for-word is considered plagiarism. On the other hand, stories with similar plot points and storylines are situations in which we would not act upon since it's not clear cut. Just do not copy other stories word for word. Users who post works by published authors (ie. you can find their book on Amazon) will be banned immediately." 

To those aspiring writers, I totally want to note this to you guys. PLAGIARISM ISN'T COOL. And it will never be cool if someone finds out that the story you posted, isn't a story that you written. I just want to give a piece of advice to those who plagiarized, you would never be famous for taking others' work.