A Soft Spot for my Bestfriend

Forbidden Fruit

Descending down to take her lips, Changmin has successfully shut Victoria up. Speechless. Widening her eyes for the second time, Victoria could do nothing but stay as she was. 1 seconds, 2 seconds, 3.

Changmin’s eyes were closed as he gave her a gentle peck on the lips. Once he realises that Victoria has stopped squirming, he broke the kiss and looked up to her eyes.

Victoria could only stare at her bestfriend dumbfounded.  Blinking her eyes, her expression tells that she want answers. Changmin just smiles and whispered, “I told you not to shout. Or else.”

Victoria opened to retaliate but nothing came out. In turn, her fingers grazed her lips, her eyes still on Changmin. He gazed at Victoria and smiled sheepishly. Rubbing the back o f his neck, his mismatched eyes looked down.

Victoria broke out from her daze and started to furrow her eyebrows again. “Yah, Shim Changmin noh..”

Again, Changmin interrupted quietly, “It has always been you.”

“B-bwoh?” asked Victoria, surprised. “Yah, stop joking around. Don’t think doing that will make me forgive you,” said Victoria, nudging Changmin’s shoulder, trying to make light of the matter.

He looked up with a serious face. Gone was the evil maknae, standing here is the charismatic Changmin.

“It has always been you,” he said again.

Victoria just stood, staring at Changmin now, confused.

Thinking that this is the best time to confess, Changmin started, “When Kyuhyun introduced you, I never understood how. How a quiet and shy girl like you could fit in our group. I was sceptical.”

Victoria smiled, reminiscing those times. Taking her smile as a sign, he continued, “Then, you started to get comfortable and the other side of you came out. The brighter side.”

Victoria chuckled. “As time goes by, I started to get attracted to your bright personality and as we got closer, I got attracted to your ambitious mind, your “never give up” attitude and your care towards others around you.”

Now, already looking at a distant, Changmin started to ramble, “Your alluring smile, your cute childish acts. Your bunny eyes. I like you, Qian. For you.”

“I like you too, Minnie-yah,” replied Victoria. “We’re bestfriends aren’t we?”

Changmin groaned exasperatingly. “No, no, no!” he stressed.

Victoria just looked at him surprised. “I love you! Song Qian. M..more than a friend..”

“Guerae, like a best..” repeated Victoria again.

“More than a bestfriend,” said Changmin quickly.

“Yah, aniya. Noh..” continued Victoria, waving the matter off, still thinking he’s pranking her again.

“If you don’t want me to kiss you again, Victoria Song Qian, you better shut it and listen to me,” said Changmin firmly.

Victoria gulped and closed , placing her palms over for good measure too.

“Good. Now, listen,” began Changmin.

“I know we’ve been bestfriends cause that has always been what we can only be considering our situation. As an idol, dedicated to our company and our fans. But, I can’t do this anymore. I just..need to let you know,” said Changmin, now already leaning on the side of the wall.

“Why now?” asked Victoria, looking at Changmin seriously now.

“Why now? Why now, you ask? Pssh. Unless you have not realised Qian, you are very popular. A lot of guys have been eyeing you since you debut. And that show, that show just made it worse..” said Changmin, pausing.

“Wha..what show?” asked Victoria.

“What show,” turning back to Victoria, he said again, “Do you really not know or are you pretending? That thing with..with Nichkhun-shi.”

“Oh,” was all Victoria could say.

“I didn’t know what to believe. Was it for real? Do you really like him or was it for show, for ratings? If it’s just for the latter, then well Ms Victoria, you’re a mighty fine actress!” exclaimed Changmin.

“I..” Victoria stuttered and decided to ask again, “did Kyu know?”

Changmin scoffed. “Dya think he’ll take me seriously? And even if he does, dya think he’ll quietly keep it to himself and not tease me about it?” he asked her back. “The mighty Changmin from DBSK getting teased. You think I’d let that happen?”

Victoria chuckled, making Changmin annoyed. “Yah! Here I am confessing my hearts out and you’re laughing at me?!”

Victoria just smiled and shook her head. “So, why dya tease me so much if you..like me then?” she asks, trying to process everything he has said to her.

“I..I..” stuttered Changmin. “I didn’t want to show it. You know Kyu has an eye for this things. I just..”

“I like you too,” said Victoria quietly.

Changmin looked up, not realising that he as looked down. “B-bwoh?” surprised at Victoria’s confession.