Chapter 3

60 Seconds

 

I know that it was clearly my fault. I felt so weak. Reminisced the past with you was the only thing that I could do. I am a stupid person right? Useless guy who only seek for the glass while the diamond was already in front of him. I’m sorry dear. 

 

I did not think that I could strain my tears from falling. The longer I stayed here, the longer my cry would be. Before I got up from my seat, I left the ring that had been in my ring for all those years. I paid for the bill and as I wanted to walk out from the café, someone tapped my shoulder.

 

“Sir, you left this ring.” Jaein came to me with the ring on her palm.

"I think this ring should go back to its owner. It's yours..."

                      I looked at her and closed her palm with the ring inside it. My vision turned blurry because of the tears that I tried hard to hold back. I can't cry in front of these people that watching us. And definitely not in front of her.

 

 

 


 

                 She widened her eyes when Myungsoo's hand touched her palm. Somehow she felt an electric shock flowed through her body. The images of him flashed through her mind. Everything just came to her mind like scene in a movie. The puzzzles that was once shattered, now came back as one complete piece.

 

It was a rainy day. She wanted to go back home to cook for Myungsoo because it was their anniversary day.

“Aish, rain please stop.” She looked around and suddenly she felt the rain had gone. When she looked up, it was her Myungsoo. He smiled and winked at her.

“Let’s go, my pretty aggasshi.”

 

After they had dinner, she told him to sit beside her on the couch.

“Oppa, actually I have something to tell you.”

“Oh? What is it?”         

“Actually, I…I am pregnant.” She said while showing him the scanned picture of baby to Myungsoo.

"Really? I... I'm going to be father?" He was so happy that he gave her a kiss on her cheek.

“Thank you, Jaein-ah. There's really no other word that I can say. You're the only for me. Let’s raise the baby together.” He said while rubbing Jaein’s tummy.

 

              Jaein was so shocked when she saw those images. Why is this guy is in my memory? Is he my husband? She could saw Myungsoo bitter smile and tears started to roll down his cheek. When he went out from the café, suddenly Jaein’s tears started to roll down too. Why is this heart feel so pain? Myungsoo oppa… she wanted to go and catch him but her body was paralyzed. Please don’t leave me again…


 

 

 

“I got to go.”

 

While at the outside the rain started to fall again. God seemsto know that I am sad. The rain is crying along with me. Jaein-ah, if I will be given only 60 seconds to change anything, I want to start a new life with you again. And in another life, I want to be your husband again because I believe that our love is eternity.  If I will be given another chance, I promise that I will never leave you ever again. That is my promise to you...