Chapter 2

60 Seconds

 

She chopped the carrots carefully and it made me became irritated.

“Aish, you can’t even handle this simple thing.” I said. She pouted .

I took the knife from her hand and chopped it skilfully. Well, in the end I am the one who cooked our meal.

“Jajang! Spaghetti!”

“Uwah! Oppa, you’re really good. Should we taste it?”

She took a fork and circled it around the spageti. Then, she brought it to my mouth. I took a bite.

“Errmm… it really tastes good. Wow! I’m so proud of myself. you should try it too.”

“Tsk, my Myungsoo oppa who loves to praise himself so much, huh?” She said before ate the noodle that I feed to her.

“Errmm… it does tastes good.”

I just smiled when I saw the spaghetti sauce around . I wiped it and ruffled her hair.

“Aigoo, my Jaein is so cute.”

 

I also remembered that she really loved to sleep on my lap while I read some books. And  I would her hair lightly with full of love. I have to admit that she looked like an angel when she fall asleep.

 

I was brought back to reality when suddenly, a waitress came to take the order. I ordered a cup of cappuccino. After the waitress went from my side, I let out a heavy sigh. I wondered if I can go back to those happy time with Jaein. We would teased and joked around each other. While waiting for the cappuccino, my mind went back to the old days with Jaein. The day when I proposed her to be my wife. I touched the ring that was still on my finger.


 

“Jaein-ah, let’s go to that place.” I pointed to the Sunshine Café to Jaein.

“Erm! Let’s go oppa!”

Both of us ordered a cup of cappuccino since it was our favourite. I felt nervous but excited at the same time. I wondered what her reaction would be. I had been hiding my left hand in the pocket since beginning. 

 

Finally, our order came. I tried to take a sip of cappuccino while purposely tap my hand on the table. Luckily, Jaein caught my action and she noticed the ring that I wore on my finger.

“Oppa, what’s that?” she asked curiously.

“Huh?” I acted like I did not know anything.

“That thing…. The ring on your finger.”

“Aaahh… are you curious? Do you want to know why?” She nodded her head. I took out the ring from my pocket and put it on her finger.

“This is for you, my dear Han Jaein. i may not be as romantic as the other guy but I, Kim Myungsoo really loves Han Jaein that I want you to be my soulmate forever and ever.” I smiled.

"Are... Are you proposing to me, oppa?"

"Of course. So, do you wanna be the mother of our future children?" She smiled broadly and nodded her head as a ‘YES’.


 

After a few minutes, Jaein came to me with a mug of cappuccino.

“Please enjoy your drink, sir.” Jaein smiled before left.

I looked at her with my mind full of confusion and sadness. Jaein-ah, have you already forgotten about me? Am I a real stranger to you? Yesterday I was a somebody but today I am just a nobody in your life.

I admit it was all my fault. If I am able to control myself in the past, then we would not going to end up just like this. I was too drunk that I did not realize what were I up to. After partying, I end up sleeping with the other chick. And you caught me did a in our bedroom, on our bed! Since that day, our relationship were no longer in peace. We were always fight every day until one day, she could not hold her patience any longer.

 

“If we are going to be like this, then it’s better if we end our relationship!” shouted Jaein.

“Fine. If that what you want, then get out from this house. I don’t want to see your face anymore!” I calmly replied.

Jaein was about to go out from the house, when she turned back.

“Here. Take this back and give it to that woman.” She put off the ring on her finger and put it on my palm.

I did not even know, why I didn’t run and console you back then. I just let you go with the wind. I knew it was a very stupid decision.