Chapter 1

60 Seconds

 

              It has been almost 2 years since I met her. I wonder if she's doing well right now.

              Are you okay? Did anyone hurt you? Is there any guy try to hit on you? Those are the questions that I really want to ask her but I can't because I'm a coward.

             I really want to meet her. So badly. The last news that I heard about her is that now she is staying in the States and she has lost her memory because of the car crash accident during the winter. You are just too far to reach. We are separated by millions miles away. Yes! 2 years, 2 years. I should have already move on with someone else but my heart just won’t accept them except for you only, Han Jaein.

               Suddenly I was brought back to the reality by a phone call. I picked it up.

“Yobeosaeyo.”

“Yah, Myungsoo-ah. Do you want to join us for dinner tonight?” said Sungyeol on the line.

“Ermm, who else will be there?”

“Everybody, except for you. So, do you want to come here tonight?”

“Well, since everybody is going to be there.”

“So, I guess it’s a yes?”

“Yes, I’ll be there for sure.”

“Okay, don’t forget. See ya at 7pm tonight!”

                After my conversation with Sungyeol ended, I let out a heavy sigh. I think I need to keep moving on. Just forget about her Kim Myungsoo! It has been 2 years already. Okay, maybe I should take a quick nap. Let all the painful memories be swap away by the wind.


 

Kring!!!!

                I woke up from my nap when the alarm clock rang. Uh, looks like it is already 5.25 pm. I need to hurry. I wore a t-shirt and a black jacket. I looked outside the window. Hmm… it’s raining. I’d better bring along my umbrella. I locked the house’s gate and decided to walk by foot because Sungyeol’s house is not that far from mine.


 

I looked up at the sky, the rain finally had stop. I closed and turned the umbrella to get rid of the water from the rain. I looked at my watch. It showed 5.40 pm. Uh? It’s still early. I decided to stroll along the pavement and took a look at the shops nearby. As I passed by a café, I was shocked. I saw a familiar face that was smiling while she looking up at the sky and stretching her body.

 

This girl. The one that I missed and longed all these years. The only one that I loved with all my heart. The time seemed to stop for a minute. I was hoping to God that He would let the time to stop. I don’t want to be separated from her anymore.

Suddenly a motorcycle passed by a sump of water and it splashed to me. I was shocked and when I looked up again, the girl already went inside the café. I tried to call for her but then I decided to follow her inside.

 

When I was inside the café, I looked around. And finally I chose a table which I found it was strategic to watch her from far. I could not take my eyes off her. She was dealing with the coffee machine. Suddenly I remembered our moment when we were still together.