I Beg Your Pardon?

A Moment With Big Bang

GIF credit to original owner.

 

THAT MOMENT DURING A HEATED ARGUMENT WHEN SOMETHING COMPLETELY HURTFUL IS SAID...

 

TOP: Nothing heats you up more than when he plays it too cool- Mr. Drama Free. His circumventing any and all confrontation inevitably makes you appear to be 'the bad guy' again. His darting eyes and his instinct to step back when you approach him is the slap in the face that forces you to spew out, "I don't know why I even bother with you. You're mean and selfish." He gives you a wounded and incredulous look. Before you can end this uneven exchange with an apology, he brushes by wordlessly and dismisses you with a slam of his bedroom door. While standing alone in the expanse of his living room, you realize that prying him open is impossible. The point that you were trying to make, a plea for him to be a little more transparent with his thoughts and feelings, is lost somewhere between your need for reassurance and his inability to express himself emotionally.

G-DRAGON: In hindsight, his transformation wasn't a sudden one. He told you once, in the beginning when he was courting you with gifts and frequent phone calls, that he was terrible at breaking up. He hadn't the heart, or the balls rather, to let a girl down and would most likely make it so she leaves him. It was odd dinner conversation but you didn't mind much, his delectable smile had you agreeing with nearly anything falling from his lips. It shouldn't be so surprising when he snaps back at your question, Why have you been so difficult to get a hold of lately?, with one of his own, How did you become so needy? His warning doesn't make it any easier to swallow. How a man so overwhelmingly sweet could become so sour. You don't give into what he ultimately wants, but you leave before he can push you any further away.

TAEYANG: Despite appearances, he's quite traditional. He rarely complains but 'advises' you often. You shouldn't be out so late during the week, dressing so lightly, or so affectionate in public. You're sure that he means well because there are times when you do or say things that make it undoubtedly clear that you're a transplant from elsewhere. But you're just in a bit of culture shock- you're not a child nor an idiot. And his 'good intentions' have been grating on your nerves as of late. So when he fixes his mouth to make an issue of you having another drink, you demand that he backs off. "Really, are you my boyfriend or my abeoji?" You don't slur your words, pronouncing the Korean he'd taught you perfectly, offending him all the more.

DAESUNG: He's naturally kind and pious so all of your faults and shortcomings are always forgiven. Still, there are the times when you're particularly petty and combative that make you feel not good enough for him. Like now- you're goading him because you want to get into something for the night. His patience with you is stretched ever so thinly. His smile is pulled across his face high and wide but his eyes are tired and dim. Your homebody boyfriend says, "Maybe another night, jagiya. I'm not quite in the mood to go out." Attribute it to having heard that excuse one too many times because you can't conceal the uncharacteristic growl in your response. "Unless it's something to do with work or church, you're never in the mood for anything anymore." The punishing silence that follows your ugly outburst forces you to regret it immediately. He uproots from his seat beside you on the couch and looks down at you, a little more exhausted and sad. With a mumbled 'goodnight', he stalks to his bedroom and unsurprisingly leaves the door open. You're still welcomed to join him as soon as you're finished with feeling pitiful and behaving childishly. After all, he's earnestly good-hearted and you're already forgiven.

SEUNGRI: He doesn't mean to be difficult- you know this. It's never his intention to make you feel bad- you believe him. At this point in the relationship, you understand Lee Seunghyun pretty well- who and how he is. You've come to expect the mild petulance, the childish behavior that he believes is part of his charm. And it was cute in the beginning, appealing to the nurturer in you. You are his attentive Noona, showering him with affection and cooing compliments at his seemingly harmless ego. Or at least you were. According to him, you've become distant. You're too busy nowadays and he feels neglected, left out. Maybe he's right but you have your reasons and obligations outside of this union that also require your dedication. And maybe today was just not the day for him to unleash the nagging and the whining because instead of humoring him, you brush him off yet again. Rather coldly- short on tolerance and b with irritation. "Please grow up, Seungri."