Haters Gonna Hate...

A Moment With Big Bang

As requested by my two sweetie subscribers- you know who you are!

THAT MOMENT WHEN YOU DISCOVER THE DEGRADING COMMENTS THAT OVERZEALOUS FANGIRLS ARE LEAVING ABOUT A LEAKED PHOTO OF YOU TWO ON THE INTERNET...

 

TOP: He's bent at the waist and hovering over your shoulder, silently reading some of the insults loaded on your laptop screen. You watch as his eyes narrow into slits and his lips set into a hard line. Face full of indignation. To lighten things up a little you say, "Hey, it'll blow over soon. We kinda expected this to happen, right?" He meets your smile, still glowering. Erecting himself, he beelines it to the nearest mirror. He examines his reflection closely in different poses and at various angles. This makes you side-eye him in confusion. He through his teeth in annoyance and fingers the short strands swept to the side on his forehead. "Ya know, I really thought that with this new style, they would stop calling me an 'ajusshi'." At that you slam your computer shut, vowing to reevaluate your relationship with this ing alien as soon as you get the chance. And for real this time.

G-DRAGON: It's a selca pic that he took of you both- your head in his lap and you're both cheesing foggily with stomachs full of soju at a birthday celebration. He calls you over to the living room where he's lounging on the sofa with his bare feet tucked under Gaho's foldy body. "Did you let someone borrow the camera at Sira's party?" He asks. You squint at all the exclamation marks and the letters in all caps lining the page below your stolen picture. "No, babe. I didn't have it at all that night." He turns back to his computer slowly, pouty and full of thought. He says, ", I'm almost positive that I handed it to you before helping Bae wrestle maknae into the car." You roll your eyes at the accusations of your not being 'cute' enough for him and how shameless you are to be drunk and laying so close to their beloved Oppa's in public. Nevermind that Ji-yong is the one who snapped the photo, even capturing his hand splayed across your cleavage in the frame. Deciding that you've had enough of the nonsense, you playfully dig your fingers into the flaps of skin on Gaho's head and say, "You sure it was me, namja chingu?" His slight frame jerks with a terrible realization and he twists his neck to see you saunter back into the kitchen with saucers for eyes. "Then, those... other pictures of us. They weren't, uh, on that camera anymore right?"

TAEYANG: You mean to surprise him with a light lunch at the studio because he loves it when you're domestic. You arrive to find him spent and sweaty from practicing the new choreography. He's resting with his back against the floor length mirror next to one of the Kwon twins when you approach him with the food. He doesn't greet you with the usual bright smile because he's too engrossed and upset with what is displayed on Kwon's phone. You move toward them cautiously, not wanting to interrupt. The click-clack of your steps across the hardwood dance floor directs their eyes to you finally. Happily, you hold up your bag of delicious offerings for him to see. But his gaze only leaves your face to land at your feet. Carefully, he requests, "Jagiya, may I ask you not to wear those so often?" You look down to your heels guiltily and then to the sneakers of the other dancers. "Oh! I'm sorry..." You apologize and turn to check and see if you've left a trail of scuff marks in your wake. You apparently don't understand the point behind his question because he strides over to your side smoothly. He stands right next to you, his shoulder slightly under your shoulder. He doesn't speak a word, imploring you with his eyes to study your reflections in the mirror ahead. It takes you a moment to comprehend why he's insisting that you suddenly play "Spot the Difference", but the reason becomes blaringly obvious. As obvious as the differences between his Eastern features and your Western ones, the disparity in your heights is almost comical. You slip out of your shoes so you're ear to ear with him again- to console him. Slowly but surely, your pout turns his eyes into half-moons.

DAESUNG: It's not unusual to find you in his room nowadays, even when he hasn't made it home yet from a schedule. The other two members living here are privy to your several months old relationship and are fully convinced that all the laughter leaking out to the rest of the shared dorm is purely innocent in nature. They're right only some of the time but you're both careful to never let it get too heavy when there's someone else home. Not that you could ever get him to be serious about it long enough to go all the way- everything's always too funny. So they greet you casually whenever you arrive and offer you food just to be hospitable because there's really nothing edible in the fridge or cupboards. You give your thanks but decline the offer and it's not too long until you're left to your own devices. The video game battle or action movie you'd interrupted resumes before you can make it down the hallway to the door with the faded Doraemon sticker. He's home finally, exhausted from a full day of filming for his current musical drama. Still, he bucks up and makes sure that his infectious smile is the first thing you'll see when he opens the bedroom door. He drops his duffel bag at the foot of the bed while you resolve to protect him from unnecessary ugliness and stress. You close the web browser quickly and log out of the guest account, My Honey, that he created for you on his laptop. Ever his playful self, he creeps up behind you and shields your eyes with his hands. You can hear the smile in his voice when he asks you to 'guess who' as if he had slipped in here unseen. As always, you play along because you genuinely enjoy his goofiness- it mirrors your own. After a couple of intentional incorrect guesses you finally softly say, "Hmm, could it be my Smiling Angel?" That earns you the strongest embrace you've ever felt from him. His aura, always postive and uplifting, makes you forget that you had read anything negative at all.

SEUNGRI: His confidence and persistence is what won you over. He texted you religiously with syrupy one-liners and excessive emoticons after finagling your number from a mutual friend. You thought of him as cute and annoying like a younger brother until he started sneaking sincerity into his words and capturing your gaze with a depth that surprised you. But right now, he's regressing and getting on your last nerve with his incessant worrying and questioning. His shiny iPhone is shoved in between you and your textbook once more. Exasperated, you watch as he scrolls beyond the papparazzi style photos you've already seen too many times to a low quality video. The arrogant noise he chortles out after succeeding in stealing your attention makes your eyes roll. "There are videos being posted?" You ponder aloud to yourself but your overly excited boyfriend inserts himself again. "Yes! Are you concerned now?" The grainy cellphone clip is 20 seconds long and the 2 figures walking from the airport gate are hardly recognizable. "No, just irritated." You frown at him, hoping it'll finally sink in. He groans defeatedly when you resume your homework. "How could these rude things not bother you? Look here, this one says 'Poor Seungri and his cold Noona." He's pushing it your way again but you don't satisfy him by turning around. You've seen far more insulting comments following the photo leak to even be bothered. "Ri, it wouldn't upset you either if you just stop reading them." He grows quiet momentarily, acknowledging the sense you've been making all along. "Well... I just hate it when they're mean to you." You grin through to the end of the chapter. The warmth in your chest keeps your temper in check when he continues to try and distract you from your studies.