Company Phone?

Those Guys..!

 

It was the middle of filming. AOA stood on stage, exciting the audience with their instruments and strong vocals. The rest of the artists were hanging around backstage, specifically some of B.A.P standing by the stage watching while waiting for their turn.

 

Daehyun swayed back and forth slowly, humming scales to warm up his voice with Jongup beside him repeating whatever he was doing. Youngjae was singing the Hajima chorus quietly to himself, bringing up a piece of paper to make sure he was singing the right lyrics since they barely had time to memorize it in the first place...

 

He quieted when from the corner of his eye he spotted Block B gathering around their manager and listening. He heard bits and parts of their conversation.

 

"... radio right after, so once the winner's announced we've gotta go, okay?"

 

Block B nodded in understanding.

 

Youngjae gasped, turning back around. It seemed he had no choice... this was his chance!

 

He turned around again... then turned around again to check the setlist—okay good both B.A.P and Block B aren't up 'til five more songs —and then turned around yet again.

 

A deep breath.

 

... But then Youngjae hesitated.

 

He dry-sobbed, leaning backwards and staring at the ceiling. "Gahhhh! What am I doing, putting myself in such an embarrassing situation, why am I doing thi"

 

"Hyung?"

 

Youngjae 'eep!'-ed and stood straight, spotting the cause of his internal struggle. "J-Junhong-ah!"

 

Zelo raised an eyebrow. "Are you okay?"

 

"Fine, just fine! No problem!"

 

"... Well, okay..." Zelo gave him a weird smile and continued on his way to Yongguk, probably to talk about the rap or something.

 

Youngjae frowned. Zelo's smile still wasn't as bright as it could have been.

 

He took a deep breath. 'Okay, get it together Youngjae. Do it for poor Junhong... poor Junhong who was embarassed in front of his idols, do it for him...!'

 

And with a firm nod he looked Block B's direction.

 

The closest one this time was Zico.

 

He would be his target.

 

Youngjae rolled up his sleeves and stomped his direction.

 

- - -

 

"Make sure to emphasize the 'click click boom pow' okay? Like 'click click boom POW!' ENUNCIATE!" Zico was instructing Kyung while making huge arm movements.

 

Kyung laughed. "Want me to spit on the fans too?"

 

But he shushed when from behind Zico he spotted a narrow-eyed, blond head stomping their direction. "Whoa... did you make the B.A.P guys mad somehow?"

 

The other rapper looked confused. "Mad? I don't think so, why—"

 

"ZICO SUNBAENIM!"

 

Zico jumped at the sudden yell, turning around and seeing Youngjae bowing. "Huh?!"

 

Youngjae whipped out the notepad and a pen and held them out. "CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH?!!"

 

- - -

 

"What's going on over there?" Himchan muttered as he overheard Youngjae yelling, turning to see him bowing 90° at Zico.

 

"Heeey, look at that Junhong-ah! You can fanboy with Youngjae from now on," Daehyun snickered. Zelo sweatdropped heavily.

 

- - -

 

Kyung had to laugh at the B.A.P member's fortitude, using this chance to sneak away from Zico; maybe he can chat up one of the EXID members in the meantime...

 

Zico reached over, taking Youngjae's shoulders and making him stand straight again. "You don't need to bow, man... sure I'll give you my autograph! I didn't know you were a fan, you should've said so earlier in the dressing room."

 

"Actually... it's not for me," Youngjae revealed. "Not that I don't like your music! I loved Nalina!"

 

"No need to be defensive either," Zico sweatdropped.

 

"Ah, sorry, I... it's just..." Youngjae leaned in. And seeing that Zico leaned in too. "Our maknae... Zelo... he's super shy about it, but he's a huge BBC. I think he's even part of your official fanclub. And I think he was really embarrassed earlier when he couldn't dance in front of you guys, sooo I thought getting an autograph for him would make him feel better."

 

Hearing that the Block B leader ohh-ed in understanding as he leaned back. "I see. That's nice of you, looking out for your members!"

 

"Oh... thanks," Youngjae sweatdropped at the sudden compliment.

 

"What's your name again?"

 

"Youngjae..."

 

"Youngjae-ah! Nice to meet you one-on-one, I'm Zico!"

 

Youngjae almost fell over! "I know," He was about to hand Zico the pad and pen but jumped when the other suddenly gasped.

 

"WAIT!! I HAVE A BETTER IDEA!!"

 

"??"

 

Zico reached into his pocket, drawing out his cell phone. "An autograph's kind of boring, don't you think? How about you give me his number and I'll surprise him with a phone call when he least expects it!" He opened up the number pad. "'Kay, I'm ready when you are."

 

... Then Youngjae looked at a slight loss.

 

Zico looked up when he noticed the other not saying anything. "C'mon, what's his number?"

 

"Er... it's just, we don't have phones."

 

"... You don't have phones?"

 

"No."

 

"... Seriously?"

 

"... Yeah."

 

"SERIOUSLY??"

 

"Yeah!! ;;;" Youngjae was getting more embarrassed by the second, and even a bit jealous at the phone Zico was holding in his very hands. "We're idols, is it weird that we don't have one?! It's weird that you have one!"

 

"... That's true, our company doesn't control a lot of our personal stuff like other idols', so now that you mention it not having one isn't weird," Zico laughed sheepishly. "But it's just... don't you guys have fancafes, and Twitter? How do you access it and all that?"

 

At that Youngjae's voice lowered again. "Oh. We... we have a... companufnfh."

 

"Huh?"

 

"A companyfhfjdfdf...."

 

"What?!"

 

"A COMPANY PHONE!!!"

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"......"

 

"......."

 

Zico burst out laughing. Youngjae hung his head.

 

- - -

 

And so, the broadcast came and went. Block B and B.A.P successfully performed their stages, thankfully without anyone tripping or mics hitting people in the head. Psy was (still) this week's winner, and everyone bowed farewell to everyone else as they prepared to leave the studio.

 

Block B and B.A.P were back in their shared dressing room, Block B being extra speedy and quickly changing into their casual outfits for their radio show in an hour.

 

"Hey Jiho," Jaehyo walked by and handed Zico a copy of their Blockbuster album. "Weren't you gonna take care of this?"

 

"Oh yeah! Thanks for the reminder, hyung."

 

A few more minutes and Block B were about ready to leave. They started their departing remarks, bowing to everyone in the room. Hearing them B.A.P turned around too, bowed, and said their goodbyes. Taeil, P.O and Jaehyo went on their way out of the room.

 

But right before Zico left he approached Yongguk, bowing. "Yongguk sshi!"

 

"Oh—annyeong! Have a good schedule," Yongguk smiled.

 

"Heh, thanks! I also thought I'd thank you for being cool and letting us play music during our waiting time. Other bands are picky about that kind of stuff so I really appreciate you letting us be comfortable around each other."

 

Yongguk shook his head. "Ah, that was nothing at all, don't mind it."

 

Zico grinned and bowed one more time, but this time he held their Blockbuster album out at Yongguk. "And here, a gift from leader to leader; congrats on your 20th comeback this year!"

 

Yongguk almost fell over at the joke!! But he accepted the CD anyway, bowing back sheepishly. "T, Thank you..."

 

"Haha, seriously though, you guys worked hard this year. I hope you can listen to this album and realize we've been working hard too."

 

Yongguk smiled, nodding. "Of course. Next time we meet I'll get you a copy of our new single too once it's printed."

 

"Awesome, looking forward to it! See ya!"

 

And with one last wave Zico was the last member to speed out the room. Yongguk tucked the CD into his backpack pocket and continued getting ready. Really, the only thing they had on their schedule today was this broadcast, so maybe he'd actually have the chance to listen to the CD this time... but of course, not without some dinner first!

 

- - -

 

At the dorm, after dinner.

 

"Ahhh, for once we don't have any schedules tonight! Yeeeahhh!" Youngjae cheered happily as he lay back on the couch, propping his arms behind his head. Daehyun grinned in agreement while drinking some juice, just nodding.

 

Jongup looked up from his homework. "Should we go do something?"

 

Daehyun and Youngjae were quiet.

 

Then after a moment, ".... Nahhhhhh."

 

Jongup sweatdropped.

 

After a bit Himchan walked into the living room, to the kitchen, opened the fridge and snatched a bottle of water out from it—Jongup, Youngjae and Daehyun noticed his movements were sharp—and then went back to the dining table and just sat there with a pout. The three quietly eyed him.

 

... Giving a sigh, Daehyun decided to submit. "Hyung."

 

"Hmph."

 

"What's wrong."

 

"Nothing."

 

Youngjae held back his snicker. Jongup just watched quietly in amusement. Daehyun paused... then mouthed, "5... 4... 3... 2..."

 

"That one kid from Block B," Himchan suddenly continued. He sighed and shook his head. " ... Aish..."

 

Daehyun raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

 

"That ulzzang-kid, Jae-whatever..."

 

"... What about him," Youngjae muttered after Himchan didn't continue meaning he was waiting to be asked.

 

"... He's a smug sonuva."

 

"Whatever, hyung! You're just jealous cuz he's good-looking too~"

 

The boys looked over as they heard the fifth voice, seeing Zelo enter via the front door holding his skateboard and a plastic bag.

 

"SHUT UP JUNHONG, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!" Himchan exploded out of nowhere, then stood up and stomped back down the hall.

 

Zelo almost fell over at him. "At least I said too," he sweatdropped... then he shrugged it off and just waved the plastic bag at his other hyungs. "Oh yeah, I've got the goods!" He reached inside the bag and threw its contents at each of the members.

 

"Awesoooome!" Youngjae cheered as he was tossed his favorite candy. "Thanks man—we should send you on snack runs more often."

 

Zelo grinned, taking a seat by Jongup as he pulled open a bag of chips. "Sure, if it means I get to practice skateboarding, I'll go anywhere!"

 

"YAH!!" Himchan suddenly came back into the living room, waving his water bottle at Zelo threateningly. "Skateboarding's not the only thing you need to practice, you couldn't even dance in front of your idols earlier!"

 

Zelo froze at the memory. Daehyun gave Himchan a 'wtf' look though. "Wow hyung, talk about delayed reaction—"

 

"AGGGHHH! IT WAS SO EMBARRASSINNNNGGG!" Zelo just burst out, falling to the ground and flailing his long limbs.

 

"Aw don't feel bad, we can practice krumping some more if you want," Jongup tried comforting.

 

"Nooo, I'll look stupid either way.... sooo laaame..." Zelo moaned and grabbed the carpet between his fingers, rubbing his face into the ground.

 

"AHH! Don't do that Junhongie, you'll get pimples!"

 

Youngjae felt bad again as he watched the maknae. He opened his mouth to say something—

 

Riiiing! Riiiing!

 

The two youngest looked up as they heard the phone's muffled ringing... they traced its sound to come from inside Yongguk's backpack by the balcony window.

 

"Oooh, a phone call! I wonder who it is, no one usually calls him this late," Daehyun said.

 

Jongup grinned. "Maybe it's Jieun nuna."

 

"OHOHOHOOOO!" The boys started cheering and hitting each other in excitement.

 

Yet Youngjae was the only one not cheering, still eyeing the ringing backpack. He had a feeling it wasn't Jieun nuna...

 

Now, he didn't lie to the Block B leader when he said that B.A.P didn't have phones. It was true, they didn't; his old phone was in his room in another part of Seoul, turned off and long-forgotten...

 

... But...

 

- - -

 

"BUT!" Youngjae said quickly, briefly halting Zico's laughter as he tried to redeem himself. "Even though they say they don't, our two hyungs have personal phones at least... yanno, just for safety purposes."

 

"Oh, Yongguk? And that other guy, ulzzang-what's-his-face"

 

"Himchan."

 

"Right." The Block B leader paused. "... Well, then."

 

Youngjae blinked.

 

Zico gave him a look.

 

Youngjae stared back.

 

... Pause...

 

... And then Zico whirled around and started running for the dressing room. Youngjae sweatdropped and hurriedly followed him.

 

- - -

 

He couldn't stop Zico from getting excited and exchanging numbers once Youngjae dug out Yongguk's phone.

 

But Youngjae eyed the ringing bag.

 

Yet to call already, this fast?!

 

"Hey, is that my phone ringing??" Yongguk's cave voice came from their bathroom. "I'm just getting dressed, can someone get that for me?!"

 

"I'LL GET I—" Youngjae tried but his face was shoved away as Zelo beat him to the backpack and was already rummaging through. His eye twitched—this maknae that would do anything for Yongguk hyung, seriously...!

 

"Hm, it's not in the main pocket? What about the side—" Then Zelo gasped and almost fell over. "WHAT IS...!" He drew out the Blockbuster album, holding it up to the ceiling. "WHOOAAAAA!"

 

"What's that," Himchan grumbled.

 

"BLOCK B'S NEW ALBUUUUM!" He gasped, running to the bedroom with the CD and opening their laptop case.

 

Meanwhile Yongguk emerged from the bathroom rubbing his head dry with a towel. "Hey, what're you guys doing, I think I missed the call already—" Yongguk almost fell over as he passed by the bedroom and saw Zelo rejoicing on the laptop while dancing with the Blockbuster CD. "Junhong-ah!"

 

"Wha—OH HYUNG! I'M SORRY!!" Zelo sweatdropped, putting the CD down and running back to the living room. He continued rummaging through the bag and finally found Yongguk's red-cased phone. "Here it is!" He passed it to his leader. "By the way hyung, the CD! How'd you get a copy, a signed copy even? Did you go to a fansigning!?"

 

"I don't have time to go to a fansigning," Yongguk sweatdropped, unlocking his phone to check who he'd missed a call from.

 

"Jieun nuna?" Daehyun grinned.

 

"What—no!!" Yongguk suddenly looked flustered and dropped his phone.

 

"OH HOOOO! YOU'RE EMBARRASSED, HYUNG AND NUNA, SITTING IN TREE, K—" Daehyun was cut off as Yongguk threw the towel at his face.

 

The rest of the boys laughed at their exchange, Jongup picking up the phone for his hyung and handing it back to him. Yongguk sighed and thanked him, unlocking it again...

 

"Jieun nuna," Daehyun muffled behind the towel.

 

But Yongguk didn't hear him, just focusing on the name on the screen. "What the... Zico?"

 

Youngjae gasped, looking away and making a face. Zelo almost passed out.

 

This time it was Himchan who raised an eyebrow. "Wait, what?! Zico, like Zico from that group with the unsatisfying visual?! How'd he get your number!"

 

"Man I don't know, I thou—"

 

But Yongguk shut up as as he vaguely remembered a brief scene; Youngjae bowing at Zico while yelling, the two talking briefly before Zico whirled around and started running back to the dressing room with Youngjae in tow...

 

He whirled around. "YOUNGJAE! Why'd you give Zico my phone number?!"

 

"W, why do you sound angry," Youngjae laughed sheepishly. "It's just..."

 

His eyes darted back and forth between Yongguk and Zelo... and deciding it wouldn't be good to reveal his surprise, he told a slight white lie.

 

"I dunno, didn't you see how a lot of people in the audience had both our glowsticks and Block B's? I thought since B.A.P and Block B share so many fans you as leaders should, yanno... foster a friendship, aaaand therefore should share phone numbers! So... yeeahh...."

 

Yongguk paused... yet he wasn't sure if he was being BS-ed to, because it really was a good point... "Well... I guess you're right... but you should've at least told me you were gon—" He quieted as the chime for an incoming text came from his phone.

 

He looked down.

 

"What, what is it now?!" Zelo scrambled to his feet and looked over his hyung's shoulder as Yongguk read it aloud...

 

10/26/12, 10:23pm
---
Yongguk-hyung, I tried to call you but you didn't answer!
I wonder why?
Let's make an everlasting friendship as hip hop idol group leaders!
Kko kkio, ppui ppui~
---
Sender: Zico

 

Yongguk pursed his lips, regretting he read it out loud.

 

Zelo keeled backwards in jealousy.

 

Youngjae and Jongup just started cracking up in the background while Himchan furrowed his eyebrows. "What the hell is ppui ppui? Is he hitting on you or something??"

 

"You jealous hyung?" Daehyun sniggered as he munched on the chips Zelo forgot.

 

Himchan narrowed his eyes at him. "... You gaining weight, Dae?"

 

"I—HEY!!"

 

"What're you going to reply hyung! You have to reply, he texted you this late! Hyung!" Zelo bounced around Yongguk and pulled his shirt.

 

"Aish I don't know anymore, you decide, here," Yongguk sighed and dropped the phone in Zelo's hands. "I'm tired guys. Tomorrow we've got a lot of practice before the 1st Baby Day event, so don't stay up too late."

 

"Nae~" Daehyun, Youngjae, and Jongup chimed. Himchan had resorted to trying to take a selca of himself on his phone, but for some reason he wasn't satisfied with any of the results... and Zelo was freaking out at Yongguk's phone, muttering to himself what he should reply back and how to write in Yongguk's voice and wondering if anything he was writing was crossing the line or maybe if he should reveal himself as Zelo texting Zico back but then muttering that it might be weird if Zelo was on Yongguk's phone in the first place...

 

- - -

 

Afterwards, Yongguk lay alone in their room. Outside Daehyun, Himchan and Zelo were playing video games, and Youngjae and Jongup had laundry-folding duty.

 

He sighed as he found he couldn't sleep right away... his body was physically tired but his mind kept drifting to other things.

 

... For example, it'd been a while since he checked his e-mail.

 

So, with a 'hugh!' and climbing out of his bed, Yongguk dragged himself to the laptop and propped it open, double clicking on the internet browser.

 

From the corner of his eye he spotted the Blockbuster album Zelo left earlier.

 

He seemed so excited to listen to it too, until he forgot about it for video games. But still.

 

And he'd never seen Zelo fanboy as much as he did during Music Bank today. Just what exacty about Block B made the usually mischevious maknae act like a 13-year-old teenage girl, Yongguk wondered?

 

He eyed the CD.

 

"... Well, let's find out," Yongguk snatched the album up, took the CD out and stuck it in the laptop, plugging in some earphones while it loaded.

 

The album started off with a bass-heavy R&B track, 11:30.

 

Yongguk bobbed his head to the beat as he checked his e-mail.

 

... By the second chorus...

 

"Baby I, Iiiiii~" Yongguk muttered off-tune as he surfed some fansites.

 

... By the final chorus...

 

"A-yo, a-yo, a-yo, a-yo..." He nodded in approval as the Interlude came. "Not bad."

 

Yongguk opened up a new tab, searched for the album title and looking for reviews on Naver as Nillili Mambo started...

 

....... And before he knew it, halfway into the CD, Yongguk mindlessly opened yet another tab and entered a term into the search bar: 'Block B albums' ........

 

[ tbc ;) ]