Fanboy

Those Guys..!

 

"Gah, Junhong-ah! What are you doing, I was using it first!"

 

"Sorry hyung, Block B's comeback stage is today and I need to watch it! ... Wait why is your lock screen A-pink—"

 

"G-GIVE IT BACK!"

 

Yongguk chuckled as he watched his lead vocal and maknae bicker over the iPad relentlessly.

 

The six were in the Yangpyeong English Village, taking a break from shooting their final MV for 2012 with all blond hair to celebrate their first year as an official group. They were only here for 2 days and 1 night, but it seemed like these last few weeks were going by especially fast: having their Taiwan showcase, wrapping up Crash promotions, then preparing for their appearance at K-Con, flying over LA—America!—and having their fansigning and then hurriedly dying Himchan's hair blond before the concert in the evening, doing a photoshoot and then flying right back to Korea, then immediately preparing for their MV shooting and then driving over to Yangpyeong...

 

The leader gave a deep sigh as he recalled all the events. 

 

Did all of that seriously happen in a span of a mere month? Out of all the things that happened in this hectic year of 2012, it had yet to hit him that he was sitting on the set of their 4th music video even though they'd just wrapped up promotions for their last single. Sure TS was really working them but Yongguk and the boys knew it was for the good of the band's exposure. Even if people didn't like their music they'd still be respected for working so hard.

 

Yongguk glanced at the rest of the members lounging in the empty set where they all were wearing their matching beige outfits. Daehyun was lying on the floor talking animatedly about something while Jongup stood a little ways from him, half-listening and half-practicing some choreo, Himchan was being tended to by a make-up nuna since he was sweating profusely (again), and Youngjae and Zelo were still bickering over the iPad...

 

A soft smile. Thank goodness none of them had collapsed. It helped that they were just as crazy and determined as he was.

 

"All right boys, that's enough rest for now! Let's continue shooting before the sun sets!" The director called out.

 

Zelo gasped. "What?! B-But I just clicked the video, it hasn't even started yet! HYUNG WHY IS YOUR INTERNET SO SLOW!"

 

"You can watch that later! Let's finish this scene so we can get dinner!!" Daehyun sighed, snapping the iPad up and handing it to Manager Kang. 

 

Zelo dry-sobbed dramatically as he was dragged back in front of the camera. "Nooo... my M Countdown.. noooo..."

 

Yongguk had to chuckle at their youngest, just popping his collar to get ready to film again.

 

 


 

 

Before they knew it, it was October 24. The debut of their fifth and final music video of the year.

 

As B.A.P expected, while it was warmly received by mainstream radio, it did meet with some criticisms from B.A.P fans who first got into them due to their powerful and hardcore style. They won't lie, sure they thought the song was shiny and poppy but it was catchy and friendly, and Yongguk worked his off penning the lyrics through writer's block whether they were on a plane, on a bus, or even at the skate park in LA, so whatever—"haters to the left!" as the internet said. 

 

Today was October 25th, and the boys were perfecting their choreo for their comeback stage tomorrow.

 

"Make sure when you wave your hands it's vigorous!"

 

Himchan tilted his head. "Vigorous?"

 

"Yes!" Jongup started waving his hands madly. "Like... like someone's offering you wasabi and you're like NO, NO THANK YOU!!"

 

Daehyun laughed as he sat on the floor and watched their exchange, making up a song to the chorus tune. "Hajima, hajima, jebal no wasabi~"

 

The rest of the boys laughed. Meanwhile Zelo had snuck to the corner again... somehow he'd gotten ahold of Youngjae's iPad and had his back hunched as his face was only inches from the screen...

 

"Back up a bit Junhong, you're gonna ruin your eyes," Yongguk advised as he walked over, peeking over the maknae's large shoulders. "Who's that?"

 

Zelo blinked as he sensed something towering behind him, pulling out an earbud. "Huh?? Oh, hyung!"

 

"Block B again??" Yongguk had to sweatdrop. First in Yangpyeong, then he swore he heard some faint "nillilil LALALA" going on in the bus on the way back, and even now on the night before their comeback...

 

Zelo looked defensive. "W, well yeah, they had a performance yesterday and cuz we were practicing all day I didn't get to see it so..."

 

"Block B Fanboy," Youngjae had to snicker. "You're a BBC now?"

 

"He was a BBC the moment we met them on the set of Lululala," Daehyun grinned as he entered the conversation too, -scooching all the way to their corner. 

 

"Hey!! I'm not a fanboy!"

 

"Junhong, I'm pretty sure freaking out and shaking my arm and going "HYUNG! HYUNG IT'S BLOCK B! DAEBAK!!" when they entered the studio is fanboying," Jongup laughed at the memory. Zelo keeled over in embarassment.

 

"Oh yeah, we saw them on Lululala thanks to Yongguk-ah!" Himchan grinned, patting the leader's arm as if to say good job. "Doesn't their leader do hip hop too? Did you guys talk? Maybe you can get Junhong an autograph."

 

"AN AUTOGRAPH?!" Zelo gasped. Then he realized himself and cleared his throat. "That'd... that'd be nice, i-if he wanted to..."

 

"Nah, really the only time I met them was when they came to support Cho PD, same time as you guys," Yongguk shrugged.

 

Youngjae nodded as he remembered. "Oh yeah... and we were promoting the same time as them when we debuted, they were doing Nalina before the whole Thailand incident happened..."

 

"That was so lame!!" Zelo had to interject. "They didn't even mean anything bad but they had to cut promos short... and Nalina's such an awesome song too..."

 

"And now you're defending them," Jongup pointed out.

 

"But it's true!!—"

 

"Either way, I think we're lucky that none of us slipped anything careless these past 9 months so let's keep it that way," Yongguk sweatdropped, rolling his shoulders. "Anyway, let's practice Hajima's entire routine one more time, and then I think we can go home..."

 

"Just once more?! Awh yeah!! WOO!" Zelo cheered, about to put the iPad down before remembering he hadn't finished watching the performance.

 

"RELAX man, you can fanboy all you want when we see them at Music Bank tomorrow," Youngjae sweatdropped. "Block B.A.P time!"

 

Zelo gasped. "OH YEAH WE'RE GOING ON A SHOW WITH THEM AGAIN! OH MY GOD!"

 

"... Aaaand now you just said 'oh my god'—"

 

Jongup had to duck and laugh as Zelo threw his towel at him. "HYUUUUNG!"

 

Yongguk grinned.

 

He'd heard the term "Block B.A.P" online a couple of times for the past few months, often saying that there should be a collab between the two groups since they both specialized in hip hop. But because Yongguk was always so immersed in B.A.P's own activities he never really had the chance to get to know them or really listen to their music. 

 

But from what he remembered from past music shows and Lululala, the Block B guys were a bit gritty but they seemed cool. So Zelo fanboying over them over his own group was excusable... for now.

 

Block B.A.P was going to be a reality yet again... he could already see the fangirls fainting.

 

The six did a last run through of Hajima, and with that they headed home to get some well-deserved rest. 

 

... Lord knows they'll need it for this promotion cycle.