Krump Battle

Those Guys..!

 

Hello! It's been a while, but I'm back to continue & finish this fic in celebration of B.A.P's "One Shot" coming out this week that inspired all the lovely Block B.A.P gifs *O* #TEAMBLOCKBAP
I advise to listen to the songs as they come up in the fic to get a feel of the atmosphere.. I think music's a big part that unites Block B.A.P :)
Enjoy! ♥

 


 

 

121026: B.A.P HAJIMA COMEBACK.

 

"C'MON GUYS, THE VAN'S HERE!"

 

"The van's here," Jongup repeatedly uselessly as he stood by the doorway with his backpack on and jacket hood covering half-lidded eyes, watching Zelo hop around their dorm on one foot.

 

"I know but I swear I left my other shoe RIGHT HERE—"

 

"HURRY UP!!"

 

Zelo stuck his head outside the door, eye twitching. "OKAY I KNOW HYUNG GOD CALM DOWN!!"

 

"Wha—! SAY THAT AGAIN YOU PUNK!"

 

Jongup could already see Himchan jumping out of the van and rolling up his sleeves. Zelo squeaked and looked around hurriedly—finally he spotted a matching sneaker, snatched it from the floor, then dragged them both down the stairs before Himchan could reach them.

 

- - -

 

At Music Bank.

 

"OPPPAAAAAAAA!"

 

Yongguk exited the car first, grinning sheepishly and waving shyly at the fans waiting in line to watch them (he was never going to get used to this) before following Manager Kang. Next was Himchan, and he smiled brightly and waved like Queen Elizabeth (he was too used to this), then Daehyun who waved and greeted with an open-mouthed grin, Youngjae who smiled and waved like a normal person, Jongup who bowed at everyone, and Zelo who was now adjusting his jacket while following his hyungs as they walked into the studio.

 

After making their way through various other artists ("WHOA, DONG BANG SHIN GI! DAEBAK!" Daehyun whispered giddily at Youngjae while hitting his arm) and greeting producers and hosts, Manager Kang continued to lead them down the halls a bit more before finally reaching a rather spacious dressing room. Inside, their rack of pink outfits were waiting along with some stylists and staff helping set up inside.

 

"All right you guys know the drill: let's get your hair done first and then we'll start sound check," Manager Kang advised.

 

"Nae~" B.A.P chimed as they put their stuff down. Zelo and Daehyun 'ooh'-ed together as they spotted a tray of snacks. Zelo headed straight for the cherry tomatoes.

 

Kang nodded and was about to leave the room but at the last second he turned around. "Oh yeah, and you'll be sharing this room with Block B so make sure to greet them respectfully, okay!"

 

"Nae—" Yongguk, Himchan, Youngjae and Jongup replied half-listening, but then shut up as they realized. Daehyun had resorted to the Heimlich maneaver as he tried helping Zelo unstuck the tomato suddenly lodged in his throat...

 

- - -

 

"B.A.P, stand by please!"

 

A production member handed a microphone to each boy as they climbed the side stairs of the stage, looking handsome in their styled hair yet still wearing casual clothes.

 

As soon as they were all onstage Yongguk counted to three and the six bowed.

 

"Annyeong haseyo!"

 

"We're B.A.P!" they greeted into their microphones.

 

Then to test their mics they each introduced themselves.

 

The producer nodded in approval. "Great. Let's do one run through with the music and the dancers."

 

The back-up dancers ran on the stage too and everyone got into their starting poses.

 

"Junhong-ah, remember, don't cut your own rap off; finish your rap completely before lowering the mic, alrite?" Yongguk reminded. Zelo nodded.

 

A few beeps. Then, the music started.

 

Yongguk and Zelo got through their intro raps and the song soon lead them them into the first chorus.

 

"♫ Hwajom naejima, hajima, jebal geureo jima! ♫" Daehyun's melodic voice resounded through the stage.

 

In the pit Manager Kang nodded in approval at B.A.P's energetic dance moves and strong vocals—indeed, what high quality idols he's raised! ♥—before he suddenly heard some loud talking behind him.

 

The studio door suddenly burst open just as Jongup's verse started. Scampering in came a couple of boys who were apologizing while simulatenously bickering amongst themselves.

 

The producer gave them the 'wtf' look. "You're late! And why are you coming in through that entrance??"

 

Jongup briefly forgot a word or two as he noticed the scene.

 

"The back door was locked!!" one of the boys said sheepishly, a tall one with big eyes and an awkward stance. He bowed repeatedly. "Sorry!"

 

"Sorry, sorry!" the other boys fussed, bowing too.

 

"Never mind, just go get ready for sound check..."

 

"Nae!!" the boys saluted before running off.

 

Meanwhile B.A.P was still rehearsing their song. Yongguk finished his rap and right at the part where he was lifted into the air, no one came out from beneath him... the instrumental there was an awkward gap in their song as the instrumental continued but no one was dancing in the front.

 

Daehyun shoved Zelo's shoulder, who was craning his neck at the boys earlier who were running backstage. "JUNHONG-AH!!"

 

"Huh?! OH UH NEOL WIHAE SEON MWO—" Zelo was cut off as Himchan already got to his part; he missed his rap completely!

 

The chorus came and Zelo gasped as he realized he was completely out of place. He quickly tried getting to his place but in his rush he slammed into a back-up dancer who was on his way off the stage. "AH MIAN—WHOOPS!"

 

Zelo's mic flew out of his hands and hit Himchan. "OWW!" Himchan yelped and fell over in pain and shock, but then his body tripped Daehyun as Daehyun was backing up, who screamed and flailed his arms madly trying to gain balance but failed and fell backwards too while his mic flew away to the back of the stage somewhere as painful screeching sounds from the abused mics filled the studio.

 

The music came to an abrupt halt.

 

Jongup stopped dancing and reached down to tend to his hyungs. Youngjae went to look for the mic Daehyun threw.

 

Behind them Zelo looked absolutely horrified, frozen in his spot a few feet off from everyone else. He 'eep'-ed as both the dancers and his hyungs turned around to give him the stink eye...

 

He gulped. "I... I'm sorry?—"

 

"YOU BETTER BE!" Himchan growled, shoving Daehyun off him ("OOF!") and running after the maknae. "GODDAMN IT JUNHONG, THAT HURT!"

 

"I SAID I WAS SORRYYY!"

 

"YAH! COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE @#$%!!—"

 

And as Himchan chased Zelo around the stage Yongguk stood quietly amongst all the chaos... before a hand came up to rub at his temples.

 

- - -

 

Later...

 

"Seriously Junhong, what the hell, pay attention," Himchan grumbled as B.A.P walked back down the halls towards their dressing room. It took a new mic, some pain relief patches and a pack of ice before the production crew restarted Hajima and the boys were finally able to get through their sound check.

 

"I'm sorry!" Zelo looked guilty as Himchan pouted and adjusted the ice pack on his head. "Really hyung, I didn't mean to get so distrac... ted..." He drifted off when the closer they reached their dressing room, the louder he heard some English rap track floating out from within...

 

The large maknae stopped in the middle of the hallway. "Whoa. Wait. No way...!"

 

"Oh boy," Youngjae had to laugh.

 

Himchan paid them no mind and just entered the dressing room. Yongguk sweatdropped at the rest of s before following, and Zelo just watched from outside as their hyungs smiled and bowed to some people.... wait, bowing... so, that means there's people in there that weren't already there when they first arrived?!

 

Daehyun and Youngjae eventually followed suit, greeting the new people too.

 

Jongup tugged Zelo's sleeve. "C'mon Junhong-ah, we gotta change clothes."

 

"R-Right..."

 

"Take a deep breath!"

 

Zelo gave a huge inhale. Jongup laughed and dragged him into the dressing room.

 

- - -

 

Jongup was already bowing before he even entered the room, and Zelo followed his example, but then realized that the people they were bowing to were mostly stylists and make-up artists. ... He had to note though, for stylists and make-up artists they looked more like dancers or hip hop artists... but then suddenly, behind them—

 

An orange-haired dude popped up in front of them as if about to leave the room before he realized who they were. "Oh hey, more B.A.P? Annyeong haseyo!"

 

"Annyeong haseyo," Jongup smiled and bowed back. Zelo couldn't even meet the other person's big eyes and just bowed wordlessly, only managing to spot the ringing cell phone in Kyung's hand before he waved and ducked out of the room to take the call. Jongup brought Zelo to the mirror to get them ready for makeup.

 

"What's he saying anyway?"

 

Zelo heard the conversation from across the room.

 

He shifted his gaze in the mirror, seeing B-Bomb looking to Zico in question as they stood beside the boombox they were using to play their phones through. The song in question was Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Big Sean's "Clique," but...

 

"It's the sound when you use a mouse!" Zico explained with a duh expression, switching to English. "CLICK, CLICK, CLICK, 'nam sayin??"

 

"Or the sound when you change the channel on the TV!" P.O's deep voice added, arm pointing to the TV as if he was changing the channel on an invisible remote.

 

B-Bomb eyed them suspiciously. "... I don't think... that's what they're rapping about—"

 

"Block B, stand by please!" one of the producers called from outside.

 

At that the Block B guys nodded and headed out.

 

Zelo had to bite his lip to keep from yelling in excitement once Block B was out of the room.

 

Youngjae was watching him from the mirror, grinning. 'Not a fanboy, huh?'

 

- - -

 

Thankfully the big maknae was able to gather his wits during Block B's sound check and he was considerably more calm when everyone began getting ready for the actual broadcast, B.A.P in their pink oufits and Block B in their purple ones. Zico had approached Yongguk earlier and asked if it was okay that they continue playing songs in the dressing room. Yongguk good-naturedly agreed; he didn't mind at all, it helped that he had the same musical taste as them, and the music seemed to relax the other B.A.P members too.

 

Yongguk was bobbing his head to Frank Ocean's "Novacane" as he looked over their schedule for the next week.

 

... Though he had to notice that Zelo wasn't the only one keeping an eye on the other group.

 

Yongguk glanced in the mirror at the other members, specifically at Himchan who was sitting down getting his makeup done.

 

And three seats over sat Jaehyo with a hairstylist... for some reason Himchan was staring at him intensely through the mirror, yet Jaehyo was too busy looking through Twitter on his phone to notice.

 

"Hey nuna, can we move over," Himchan suddenly asked his stylist.

 

"Hm? Why??"

 

"The lighting's bad."

 

"It looks fine to me."

 

"Let's just move over c'mon," Himchan already hopped off his chair to the one right beside Jaehyo. Noticing the movement from the corner of his eye, Jaehyo looked up, saw Himchan, smiled and did a nod-bow in greeting. Himchan did the same (with a slightly ominous half-smile) as he settled down and stylist nuna continued.

 

"All right Jaehyo, hair's done," the other nuna said as she twirled some final curls. "Let's do your makeup next."

 

"Nae~" Jaehyo lowered his phone and closed his eyes. Himchan watched them carefully through the mirror.

 

"Your skin's pretty recently so let's go for a natural look today," the nuna smiled, dabbing on some neutral foundation.

 

Jaehyo laughed bashfully, nodding and tilting his head up for easier access.

 

Meanwhile Himchan watched as his own nuna picked up the eyeliner again. "AHH, ummm, nuna, don't you think that might be a bit much...."

 

"I barely put any on you," His nuna gave him an odd look.

 

"It... it should be fine."

 

"... Well, okay..." Then stylist nuna picked up some cream.

 

Himchan quickly raised his hand. "ERRR I think I have enough makeup actually..."

 

"What?? But I thought you wanted me to cover your eye bags, you said they looked darker than usual!"

 

Himchan mentally gasped in horror. Beside him Jaehyo tried to keep his lips from curling too much in amusement.

 

- - -

 

A bit later, only an hour left before broadcast.

 

"U-kwon hyung, look what I found!" P.O ran up, waving his phone.

 

U-kwon looked up from adjusting his vest. "What?"

 

"Someone posted on my fancafe but I think they made a mistake cuz it's a J-Squad video," he cackled, unplugging Zico's phone ("HEY!" Zico pouted as he was cut-off from rapping along with Wiz Khalifa. Across the room Zelo pouted too [that eavesdropper].)

 

P.O plugged his phone into the speakers, letting J-Squad's "Momma Smoove" build up through the room. Even the other B.A.P members had to look up in interest.

 

"Whoa," U-kwon mumbled as the song entered the hard part.

 

"Yeeeah!! Isn't this krumping music?!" P.O yelled excitedly. "Do some krumping, hyung!"

 

"But my clothes..."

 

"C'MON HYUNG JUST A BIT COME ON COME ON—"

 

U-kwon suddenly burst out dancing, doing some mad krumping moves while knocking over a box of wigs with his arms. The rest of the Block B members burst out laughing and started waving their hands and over-exaggeratedly screaming "OHHH!"

 

Meanwhile the B.A.P members watched from across the room, gaping. Daehyun, Youngjae and Zelo started "OHH!"-ing too as they got excited over the music and the atmosphere.

 

Kyung heard their cheers, looking over at the three. And then he gasped as he briefly remembered seeing a clip of them on Weekly Idol over the summer...

 

"Hey! I heard you guys krump too?! C'mon, let's have a dance battle!"

 

Daehyun looked horrified as Kyung darted over and grabbed his hand, of all people. "W-what, me?!"

 

"YEAH!"

 

"WHY?!"

 

"Don't worry about getting antis, there's no cameras here right now," Kyung reassured. Daehyun had to keep himself from falling over; that totally was not the reason he was nervous!

 

Out of desperate-ness he grabbed Zelo's hand, who looked to be inching away slowly. "Wait, I'm the main vocal, meaning I can't dance—"

 

"I feel ya," Taeil nodded in the background.

 

"—But our maknae can! Here!!"

 

"This is your maknae?" B-Bomb gasped as Zelo was abruptly shoved at them, having to look up just to meet the giant baby's eyes. "You're bigger than I expected!"

 

"That's what she said!!" Kyung had to yell in English behind everyone. Everyone eyed him for a second.

 

"T-Thank you," Zelo sweatdropped heavily, not knowing what else to say.

 

P.O fiddled with his phone for a bit as the song neared the end, tapping another random J-Squad video in the related links, "Stomp on AH!" He cheered at his good choice as the song started. "ALL RIIIGHT, krump battle, YEAH, GO GO!" P.O cheered in English.

 

U-kwon started dancing right away, arms swinging as his chest heaved front and back, krumping all the way up to Zelo's face (Zelo unable to control his facial expression and only gaping in admiration).

 

After a moment U-kwon stopped and pointed at Zelo. It was his turn.

 

And... Zelo looked lost.

 

To be brutally honest, Zelo personally thought he looked stupid krumping, and considering his long and lean body he looked especially ridiculous. He looked around the room madly for an escape—

 

He almost fell over as his eyes met with Jongup who was just standing there watching in amusement. "H-HYUNG!!"

 

Block B sweatdropped heavily as yet another B.A.P member was dragged into their dance battle.

 

"I can't krump either!" Zelo admitted shamefully, but then presented Jongup. "But Jongup hyung can!"

 

"GO JONGUP! GO JONGUP!" The rest of B.A.P cheered, not caring anymore.

 

Jongup looked around, shrugged, and then bust out his moves.

 

"WHOAOAAAA!!" Block B started freaking out when Jongup started dancing, Jaehyo squeaking and having to back up when one of Jongup's especially powerful arm swings almost hit him in the crotch. U-kwon meanwhile was watching in awe, his jaw dropping slightly as he observed Jongup's technique—he was pretty damn good, with such fast jabs and strong stomps!

 

After a bit Jongup started getting embarrassed so with a laugh he abruptly stopped and started bowing to the rest of Block B.

 

"WHOAA WHOAHO OOHAAOAA!!" But Block B was still freaking out over Jongup, laughing and patting his back. Jongup's face flushed red—so much praise!—but he continued nod-bowing.

 

"Man, your krump skills are awesome!!" U-kwon was still gaping/smiling, impressed.

 

Jongup continued bowing. "T-Thank you, sunbaenim..."

 

"Seriously, how long have you been krumping? And how do you isolate so well?!"

 

"Ah, uh, I just recently started learning, so I'm not really sure... I just go with the music..."

 

U-kwon continued pelting him with questions. Jongup just tried answering back sheepishly and as honest as he could. Meanwhile P.O had plugged back Zico's phone and more Wiz Khalifa filled the room as the rest of Block B and B.A.P continued about their business.

 

Zelo had retreated to B.A.P's side of the room but he couldn't help but try to eavesdrop on U-kwon and Jongup's conversation again. He kinda felt embarrassed too; he was pulled up to dance, but seriously he felt nowhere near the level of dance that Jongup was in... so, maybe he needed to work a bit more on his dancing after all...

 

Daehyun came walking by, spotting Zelo just as the maknae's eyebrows furrowed and he gave a deep sigh, staring glumly down at his lap.

 

He frowned, going over and patting Zelo's shoulder. "Hey, cheer up Junhong, you did the right thing! Jongup's krumping saves B.A.P's image yet again."

 

"Yeah, that's true..."

 

Youngjae was watching the two through the mirror again.

 

Now he felt a bit bad... whenever their maknaes, whether it be Jongup or Zelo were feeling down, it was hard for the rest of B.A.P to not feel their pain.

 

He looked around; where was Zelo's skateboard? Maybe he'd feel better if he skateboarded a bit. Surely the Block B dudes wouldn't mind... he looked around, spotting a random notepad and pen—

 

But then he gasped, a fantastic idea forming in his mind. He was the brain for a reason!

 

First he made sure Zelo and Daehyun weren't looking...

 

... And when the coast was clear, as slyly as he could, Youngjae slid off his makeup chair and simultaneously snatched the notepad. Using their coordi and stylist nunas and hyungs to hide behind (while they gave him 'wtf' looks), he practically crawled on the floor like a ninja to Block B's side of the room.

 

The nearest member was Taeil.

 

He would be his target.

 

"Whoa!—" Taeil jumped when a blond head popped up beside him. "Why—"

 

"Shhh!" Youngjae begged, a finger to his lips. Taeil shushed, though he didn't know why, but just watched quietly as Youngjae withdrew the notepad and a little pen from his pocket. "This isn't for me, but uh, I was wondering if I could ha—"

 

"OKAAAAY OKAY OKAY ALL GROUPS ON STANDBY!" A producer called as he burst into the room.

 

"Woohoo, time to perform Taeili hyung!" P.O called cheerfully as he skipped over, but then paused as he saw Youngjae kneeling by Taeil with an autograph pen and paper. "... Oh. Uh, should I—"

 

"Ah I changed my mind, uh, t-thanks anyway okay bye!!" Youngjae scrambled up and awkwardly followed the rest of B.A.P out the room.

 

P.O looked at Taeil in question. Taeil just shrugged but hopped off his seat, going with the rest of Block B out the door too.

 

As they were all walking down the hall Jongup eyed Youngjae's red face. "Oh... Youngjae hyung, are you okay?"

 

Youngjae eyed him back. "Hm?? Y-yeah, I'm fine!!" He suddenly jumped up, slinging his arms around Himchan and Zelo. "YOU GUYS IT'S OUR COMEBACK! YEAH LET'S GET PUMPED, WOOO WOO WOOO!"

 

"What's up with you," Daehyun laughed at Youngjae's random yelling.

 

But then the Busan boy blinked as he noticed Himchan's pale face... "Whoa, Himchan hyung? Did the makeup nunas forget to give you makeup, your eye bags are showing—"

 

"S-SHADDAP!!"

 

[tbc :)
.. also can you imagine jongup and u-kwon krumping to those j-squad songs, OMFGGG /fans self]