Battle of my High School Life

Before You Go[이것만은 알고가]

 


 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N63Tni5-nXY


 

~*~ Ara’s P.O.V.~*~


I fixed my neck tie and brushed my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror as I was about to put on my broken glasses, when I remembered that I already have my contact lenses and my mom suggested that I use them. So, I put away my glasses and put on my contact lenses instead and took my mom’s advice, anyway, it would be useless if I’d use my no-good glasses.

I went downstairs to bid my parents good bye. My mom immediately squealed out of delight when she saw me wearing the contact lenses that she bought for me. My dad complimented me; telling me that I looked beautiful in it. I gave him a shy smile and went outside to see Yunho by my gate. As I was walking towards him, he was staring at me the whole time, which made me feel conscious.

‘Do I have something on my face?’ I thought to myself as my face heated up, feeling embarrassed.

”Yu-Yunho-ah, do I have dirt on my face?” I asked, nervously as he looked at me.

”Huh?” He asked as he gave me a puzzled expression.

”Do I have dirt on my face?” I simply repeated the question.

”Oh… No you don’t.” He replied. “Why do you ask?”

”Well you were staring at me the whole time… It’s making me nervous…”

”Oh… Mianhe…” he apologized as he scratched the back of his head. “I was just shocked that you decided to let go of your glasses. Are you wearing contact lenses?”

”Yeah… my mom wanted me to…” I replied. “I feel weird actually…”

 

“You look better without it. I think you look cute in your glasses, though. But I think the contact lenses suit you well.” He said. ”Like what I said before, your eyes have a nice shade of brown.”

”Kamsamnida…” I said as I hid my blush.

“Ka-ja…” He said as he grabbed my hand, making me blush as I held his warm hand, then we headed to our school.



 



When we entered our classroom together, everyone was staring at us. Most girls were glaring at me and the guys were- I don’t know… they were looking at me like I’m some sort of princess.

”Good morning, Ara! Good morning Yunho-hyung!” Donghae greeted us as we sat down on our respective places. Donghae-ah is Yunho’s best friends. He’s very cheerful and he’s also nice to me. He’s a great dancer like Yunho and he knows a lot of magic tricks that never fail to amuse me.

”Good morning, Donghae-ah!” I greeted back with a smile. I started to feel weird again when Donghae stared at me with big round eyes.

”Omo…. You look so perrrrtty!” He said. I didn’t understand the last word.

“What?” I asked.

“I said you look pretty!” He said as he handed me a rose that looked like as if it just popped right into his hands. “Here… a pretty rose for a pretty lady…”

 

“Kamsamnida…” I giggled as I smelled the rose.

”Using your tricks on girls again,  Donghae?” Yunho asked as he smacked hi younger peer on the head.

”Ouch! Hyung! That hurts!” Donghae complained. “You’re just jealous! You can have Ara. I already have my Yoona. So don’t worry.”

”Jealous…pshh… I’m not jealous…. Pshhh… hahaha…. Why would I be jealous?” Yunho defended in a weird way.

”Yah… you’re bluffing!” Donghae teased.

”You really like annoying me, don’t you?” Yunho questioned as he gave Donghae one of his evil y glares.

”Yah. You’re planning something! Yah! Don’t even think about it!” Donghae warned as he backed away from Yunho who started to chase him off. Donghae ran as fast as he could. I just giggled as I watched them run around the classroom fighting like kids.
 



 



The second period finally ended as recess finally began. I had to go alone because Yunho and Donghae had to do something at the library. They told me to go first and just save a seat for them because they’ll just catch up.

As I reached the cafeteria a group of girls including Yuri crowded in front of me. I started to feel nervous as I looked at her and noticed her evil smirk. I knew she was up to something.

”Look who decided to fit in…” She said. “So, You look different today,  Aira…”


”Ara…” I muttered, correcting her

“Oh, Whatever… I don’t care who you are…” She snapped. “What did you do to yourself? Did you get surgery? What did you change? Your whole face?

I just stared at the ground and hung my head low. I tried to calm myself down. Apparently, nothing’s working. I felt tears running down my cheeks. I couldn’t do anything. Apparently, I wasn’t strong enough to beat her. I started to feel cold as one of her friend poured something over me. I didn’t know what it was since my eyesight was a bit blurry due to the tears.

They all started laughing at me. I wanted to run away and save myself from all the humiliation, but my feet were stuck to the ground. I cried my heart out and did nothing. I felt stupid for not standing up to her, but what good would it do anyway? She’s a pretty girl and I’m just a ‘nobody’. No matter what happens, she’ll always win.

Just as I was crying, I felt a piece of cloth get wrapped around me. I looked up and saw Yunho wrapping his school blazer around me. He lifted my chin up and wiped my tears.

”Yah… Yuri-ah… Apologize to her!” Yunho said in calm, but firm way.

”Oppa… why are you even defending that-

”Apologize to her if you don’t want me to despise you forever.” He threatened.

”I’m sorry…” She said in a rather, forced way.

”Let’s go to the clinic to borrow a clean set of uniform, arasso?” He suggested as he took my hand and dragged me out of the cafeteria. We went to the clinic and the nurse immediately gave me a nice set of uniform. I want to the comfort room to change. As I was changing in the cubicle, I heard voices from outside.


”What are you gonna do with that girl, Yuri? Yunho seems to like her.”

 
”You know, she looks really pretty…”

 

“Shut up! Yunho-oppa’s mine! If I can’t have him, nobody can!”

”But, Yuri…”


”That Sarah-

”Ara…”

 

“Whatever! I don’t car about her name! She’s just some loser! That girl, she’s no as pretty as I am! I’ve got a nice body! I’m a grown-up, beautiful lady and she’s just an innocent little girl. I’m way better than her! There’s no way Yunho-oppa would chose her over me. If she tries to seduce my Yunho-oppa, she sooo gonna get it!”


I felt my heart beat fast as I heard what she said. I’m not gonna let myself lose over some girl like her. She has done enough and has said enough…. That’s the last straw! This is the battle of my high school life. I have to be ready and I have to be careful with Kwon Yuri….



 


A. N. : So how was it? I hope you all like it. Thank you for reading what I have written! I love you all and I’m happy to have sweet readers like you. I hope you keep reading, sending comments and subscribing. I promise to update fast and make you happy just like how you make me happy through sending your comments. Feel free to point out my errors.

Saranghe and Happy Holy week! Give your all to GOD and serve him! Thank him for all he has done.

With love,
~Kei-chan <3