2

My Past, My Present, and My Future **HIATUS**
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for not updating.

School's been crazy and I had been busy with dance practices.

 

After our plane took off, I found myself reminiscing the past.

FLASHBACK: 2 YEARS AGO

“Are you sure you don’t want us to send you to school, sweetie?” My mom asked as I was about to step out of our door.

“Nae, omma. I’m already grown up now!” I said and bid them goodbye. As soon as I got out from our house, I took a deep breath. Today was finally the day that I’ve been waiting for. All those sufferings back in elementary and middle school are long forgotten. I feel excited and at the same time, nervous. A lot of questions were running inside my head.

‘What would high school be like?’

‘Will I be able to gain friends, or would I still be the same friendless girl?’

‘Will people bully me because of my intelligence just like in middle school, or will they only use me just like in elementary?’

These questions kept on echoing in my head that I didn’t notice that I was already in front of my new school. I took another deep breath as I stepped inside the school gates.

“Woah! Careful there, sweetheart.” I accidentally bumped into a guy and when I looked up, I can’t help but stare at his handsome face. He had the most beautiful face I’ve ever seen. His sharp jaw that enhanced his face even more, his black piercing eyes that gives off that mysterious vibe, his long-pointed nose that made his face even more perfect, and lastly, his pinkish lips that had a smirk on.

“Cat got your tongue?” He asked getting me back from my trance.

“Nae?” I asked him confused.

“Well, I was asking you what your name is.” He said and raised an eyebrow giving off an inquiring look.

“JaeHa. Jang JaeHa.” I said and blushed as he carefully said my name.

“I’m Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo.” He said and smiled or more like smirked.

“N-Nice to meet you.” I said and mentally slapped myself for stuttering.

“Nice to meet you, too.” He said and opened his mouth to say something but was stopped when another guy suddenly gave him a headlock.

“Yah! Everybody’s looking for you and you’re here flirting on the first day?” The guy who had Myungsoo on a headlock said.

“Let go of me, Sungyeol.” Myungsoo dryly said and the taller guy let him go.

“Mind introducing me to your new prey?” The taller guy whose name is Sungyeol asked looked at me from head to toe making me feel uncomfortable.

“She’s JaeHa and no, she’s not a prey.” Myungsoo said but Sungyeol ignored him.

“Annyong! My name’s Lee Sungyeol.” Sungyeol said showing me a childish grin.

“Nice to meet you.” I said bowing at him.

“Same here. Same here. I’d hate to leave you but me and my man needs to take our leave.” Sungyeol said and pulled Myungsoo with him leaving me there looking at their departing figures.

I looked around the huge hall as students slowly filled in. I was looking for a specific flower boy but failed to have even just a glimpse of him.

“Is this seat taken?” I heard a female’s voice asked me and when I looked up, a pretty girl was smiling at me.

“No, it’s vacant.” I said and she nodded and sat down.

“My name’s Naeun. What’ss yours?” She asked me after a while.

“JaeHa. Nice to meet you.” I said and she nodded.

“Are you also a freshmen?” She asked and I nodded. “Same here.”

“Oh! My unnies and oppas are here.” She said looking at the stage in front. When I looked at the stage, it was filled with 4 female students and 6 male ones. And 1 specific guy caught my attention. He’s there! Kim Myungsoo is sitting in front of the whole student body.

“Who are they?” I asked Naeun.

“They’re APink and Infinite. They’re the popular kids here in school.” She explained and I nodded.

“So, you’re a part of them?” I asked and she proudly nodded.

“I was supposed to sit with them but I arrived late, so yeah.” She said and laughed.

Soon after, the orientation finally started with Principal’s welcoming address, the introduction of teachers, and the introduction of the kingkas and queenkas.

“And as what we have had in the past, I’d be calling the freshmen who have made it to the top list of the entrance exam. And for the very 1st time in the school’s history, someone had perfected the exam and was able to attain a 100% average.” The principal said obviously pleased with the good news. I fidgeted on my seat as I had an idea who it would be and it’s something unwanted for me.

“Please come in front, Ms. Jang JaeHa.” She said and I just wanted the ground to eat me up. For some it might be good news but for me, it’s a nightmare. Because this had always happened in the past. Me getting a top score in the exams and people either avoiding me or using me for their own. I slowly dragged myself in front and everybody’s eyes were on me.

“This lady here is Ms. Jang JaeHa and she have brought honour to our school with her entrance exam result. And because of this, we’ll be giving her a full scholarship.” She told me and smiled. That was the last thing I wanted in the world, a scholarship to rub it on my face of how smart I am.

 

“Hi!” Someone blocked my way and greeted me. When I looked up, I recognized her as one of the queenkas.

“I’m Chorong and I’m a Sophomore.” She sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter