Dream 3 - Past

Autumn : Only Tears Like A Dream

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

(9 years ago)

 

“Dongie-oppa! Jongie-oppa! Palli!” Hayoung waved her hand up high at the two boys.

 

“Nae, Youngie~” the two cooed. They climbed the treehouse joining her.

 

“Why are you two late today?” she asked.

 

“We got scolded for talking to strangers.” The boys looked down to their feet.

 

“Ahahaha!! How many times ummas and appas have to tell you!”

 

“My umma and appa tells me about 3 times?” Dongwoo said showing four of his fingers.

 

“Hyung, that’s four. My umma and appa told me 5 times!” Sungjong said proudly while showing five of his fingers.

 

Hayoung laughed. “Well, did umma and appa gave you permission to sleep here tonight?” she asked earning a lot of nods from the two.

 

“Let’s go to bed then!” Dongwoo pulled out a mattress while Sungjong pulled out a blanket. “Yah, Jongie! Why is the blanket pink!? It’s so girly~” he made a funny face.

 

“It’s not my fault. My umma bought it specially for us!” he squealed.

 

Hayoung burst into laughters. “I love pink! Besides yellow and black.” She cooed. “Okay, let’s sleep!” as soon as she said that, Dongwoo dragged both of them to the mattress. Hayoung was in the middle of the two boys.

 

“Yah! Lee Sungjong! How dare you left me like that!” a boy came into their house. “And you’re already cuddling!? That’s it!” the boy jumped in the between Dongwoo and Hayoung. “Dongie-hyung! Move! I wanna sleep beside Hayoung!”

 

“Aish Yeollie!” Dongwoo smacked the back of Sungyeol’s head but obeyed anyway.

 

Dongwoo had his arms around Sungyeol’s waist. “Yeollie-oppa~ Jongie-oppa~Let go of me~” she whined when the blonde put his arm around her shoulders while the brunette put his arm around her waist.

 

“No way~” the two of them replied.

Hayoung groaned but smiled as she could feel the warmth not because of the pink blanket they shared but the warmth that they were sharing by their own heat. She smiled in her dreams because of the protection she had.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

Hayoung shed a tear unconsciously. She felt a soft skin touched her cheeks, wiping her tears. She quickly opened her eyes as wide as possible to see that she was in her own bedroom. No treehouse, no photos, no toys, just her own plain bedroom that has studytable, closet, bathroom, and a teddy. She was alone. She was on the bed, alone. So what was the warmth that had given to her? It was dark. Pitch black. She tried to get off the bed. “Kajima.” Suddenly. She felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her back onto the bed. She gasped as she felt someone,s head on her shoulder. “Why do you want to leave me?” that voice… the peaceful voice that gave her warmth. The person parted the curtains that was beside her bed, giving way for the moonlight to enter the room. The person smiled sweetly at her.

 

“Jongie-oppa, what are you doing here?”

 

“You were in the treehouse alone.”

 

“How do you know I would be there?”

 

“I just had a feeling you would go there.”

 

“Oh….”

 

“Youngie…”

 

Hayoung’s heartbeat went faster. He was calling her ‘Youngie’ again. “N-nae?”

 

“Don’t you want to ask why I was on your bed?” the boy blurted making her eyes widened. She pried off his arm that had wrapped back around her until she dropped to the floor producing a loud thud.

 

“What are you doing on my bed?”

 

“You’re the one who pulled me.” While smiling, Sungjong answered. “Now come up. I want to cuddle with you.” Hayoung’s heart stopped beating.

 

“No! We can’t be like I the past anymore.”, she stood up, her hands curled into fists.

 

“Why can’t we?” 

 

“The question is why do you care? The memories are long gone! Why do you want to turn it back!?”

 

“Hayoungie..” Sungjong took a step forward.

 

“Ani! Ani! Those memories are just a dream!” Hayoung stepped backwards.

 

“Hayoungie..I-”

 

“Don’t call me like that! Ani, don’t call my name!” Hayoung screamed. The door opened revealing her mother that was panicked.

 

“Why? What happened?” the woman wailed.

 

“Go! Go away! “ Hayoung’s tears fell uncontrollably. She pushed Sungjong.

 

“I’ll excuse myself then, Mrs.Oh” he bowed and left.

 

“Umma, please go to your room. I’ll be fine.”

 

“But..Hayoung”

 

“I’ll be fine. You need some rest. Go to your room,okay?” she pushed her mother out her room gently and closed the door. Her trembling legs couldn’t hold it anymore. She dropped to the floor, crying harder. “What have I done? Our friendship…” she sobbed. There, on her bed was a picture of her and Sungjong, having their arms around each other’s shoulder, smiling brightly.

 

Sungjong stood outside Hayoung’s bedroom window hearing her sobs that was becoming louder and clearer each time. He walked away slowly. He wanted to have that girl in her arms. He wanted to break through her window and hold her close. But he held it in. he didn’t want the other to hate him more. ‘Youngie.. If this what you want, I’ll grant your wish. But Namjoo and I aren’t dating. Were you probably jealous? No.. I don’t think it’s like that..’ he thought , tears forming at the end of his eyes. “No, I can’t cry. Uljima.. uljima..” he mumbled. He turned around once again to Hayoung’s closed window, mumbling, “Goodbye, Hayoungie… I love you.”

 

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

A/N: No!! Sungjong don’t leave Hayoungie~ If I were the reader, I would be like that. And once again, my story ran away from the plot. Sweeties, who do you want Hayoung to end up with? Minwoo? Sungjong? Or…Youngmin? (eventhough I’m a hardcore shipper for HaJong) >,<