Dream 4 - Broken

Autumn : Only Tears Like A Dream

 

The next morning, Hayoung’s eyes were swollen. She didn’t want to go to school but when she thought that she had to apologize for leaving Minwoo like that, she forced herself to. In front of the gate, as expected, Minwoo was waiting for her. “Hayoungie, gwaenchana?” he asked, grabbing her hand.

 

Hayoung smiled feeling the warmth through her body that was cold earlier. “Nae.. I’m fine.”

 

“Really? But your eyes are swollen.” Minwoo touched her cheeks and rubbed his thumbs against it. Hayoung’s cheeks got red in a flash of light.

 

“Um.. I cried because of my cat. It died yesterday.” Hayoung lied. Minwoo suddenly hugged her. “Minniewoo…what’s with the sudden hug?”, she asked.

 

“You’re cold. I want to spread my warmth to you so that you’ll be warmer.” He said. Hayoung could feel the warmth flowed through her body gently. She liked it, she liked the way Minwoo hugged her. She realized her heart beat faster. She could hear the other one’s too. They didn’t care about the whole world. The weird glances. They only care about their own little world, where there was only two of them. And them only. They both closed their eyes enjoying each other’s heartbeats that pumped against themselves.

 

Sungjong stopped at the schoolgate. Yes, he saw them. Hugging each other comfortably. Usually, the girl only hugged him that warmly. No, it can’t be true.. His world had broken, he had nothing left. The no.1 place that he always conquer in her heart is now being replaced by some else? “No… I don’t want to be no.2 in her heart.” He mumbled.

 

-END OF SHOOL FOR THAT DAY-

 

“Hayoungie~” Minwoo came into the mentioned person’s classroom. Youngmin was talking to her.

 

“What is it, Minwoo? Can’t you see I’m talking to her?” Youngmin said hugging her.

 

“Yah! No one can hug her like that!” he said trying to pry off Youngmin from the girl.

 

“Don’t worry, Hayoung-ah. I’ll protect you from the monster.” The blonde said making the girl laughed.

 

She hugged him back like she relied on him. “Protect me, Youngmin-oppa~” she flashed a smile. Eventhough it was a fake smile but showing them to people who care for her, she felt it was okay.

 

There in the front door, a figure appeared. ‘This is the life that she wanted. I see.. Hayoungie, I hope you’re happy with him.’ He thought and left.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

                                                                              

“Sungjong-ah, don’t you want to got to school today? You have 30 minutes left.” Mrs. Lee opened her son’s bedroom door. “Sungjong-ah, why are you lying on the floor?” his mother voice cracked in the silence, she started to panic seeing her son’s lifeless body. She was about to scream for Sungyeol when she heard Sungjong’s cute groan.

 

“Umma~ Good morning…” he said in English.

 

“Omona… You almost scared me to death you know that? Why are you sleeping on the floor anyway?” she asked as her son stood up.

 

“Nothing. It’s just that the floor is more comfortable and colder than the bed.” He walked into the bathroom. His mother looked at him weirdly.

 

She saw an unknown bottle beside the boy’s bed. She took it, scanning the suspicious bottle from side to side. The bottle was wrapped with a white wrapper. She was about to tear the paper apart when Sungjong came out. “Sungjong-ah, what is this? You eat this thing?” Sungjong’s eyes widened at the sight of the object.

 

He quickly took it from his mother. “I-it’s my vitamin. Yeah.. you know… ah! People say I’m girly so I’m taking these pills to be a man!” he said proudly.

 

When his mother didn’t give any reaction, he started to panic (from the inside). “okay.. but you do now that you’re always a man for me! My son is the best man I ever had!” she pinched his cheek. “Come, let’s have breakfast. Sungyeol is waiting for you.” His mother smiled.

 

“Tell him to go first.”

 

“Sungjong-ah.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Why are your eyes like pandas?”

 

He didn’t expect the question. He rubbed the back of his neck weirdly. “Um… can’t get enough sleep?”

 

“Well, you should. You need to rest you know. I don’t want my little sin has no energy.”

 

“Okay, mom. I’m going to school now! bye!” he ran outside hearing his mom shouting, “What about breakfast” and Sungyeol who was screaming “Yah!!! You! Wait for me!” then his mom replying Sungyeol “Yah! You two! At least take your lunch with you!”

 

----------------------------------------------------      

 

Sungjong arrived at school seeing Namjoo. “Hey, Sung-Omo! What’s with your eyes!? It’s puffy and black!” Namjoo squeaked.

 

“Is it really that obvious?” he asked back, receiving a nod from the girl. “I..just can’t get enough sleep. That’s all.”

 

When the school ended, Sungjong went to Namjoo’s class which was the Biology lab. There, he met with the last person he wished to meet but was the most person that he was craving for, Hayoung. The girl leaned on the wall, hugging her books. Theyir eyes made a contact only for a second. There were an awkward silence and Sungjong hated it when he’s with Hayoung. ‘It seems like we’re strangers now. I’m sorry.’ The two of them thought looking up to the ceiling.

 

The class dismissed and Namjoo with Minwoo went out of the lab. “Hayoungie~” Minwoo hugged her. “You were waiting for me? I’m so sorry. The teacher keeps blabbering non-stop.” Minwoo broke the hug, pouting his lips. Hayoung laughed. The sound of her voice went straight to Sungjong’s heart.

 

“Of course I was waiting for you. I want to make up for our date.” She smiled sungjong felt lifeless after hearing her words. The two left him with Namjoo. The shoulder-cut haired girl only looked at him with pity.

 

That night, Sungjong couldn’t sleep. Yes, it was because of her. Her smiling face with the younger boy. He stared at the ceiling thinking to himself. How pathetic he was for not realizing earlier. How coward he was for not confessing. The girl might already know his feelings towards her. She didn’t share the same feeling so she tried to push him away slowly. She didn’t want to reject him. So she hurt him by not wanting to go back to the past. That’s what Sungjong thought all these days. The way the girl always try to not face him, to not smile at him. The girl didn’t want him. If she didn’t want him, why would he be here? He looked at his cellphone. Why isn’t she calling him? Then, he saw it. the white bottle. His slim fingers wrapped around the bottle, bringing it closer to him. He opened the lid, taking a pill out of it. he swallowed one and drank some water.

 

It was 2 in the morning. He still couldn’t sleep. He couldn’t take it anymore. He didn’t think of anything else. The moonlight that invaded his room through the window allowed him to clearly see the bottle. “Another one won’t hurt, right?” he mumbled beofr etaking in one into his mouth. He stared at the remaining pills in the bottle. If she didn’t want him, he should vanish from this world. He won’t be a burden to her anymore, would he? A tear fell down his cheeks before he gulped everything he can from the bottle.

 

8888888888888888888888888888888888888

A/N: I know ! I’m stupid! Don’t hit me! Don’;t kill me either! I’m too young to die!>.< I’m sad that Sungjong has to suffer..and Hayoung too… OTL what have I turned this story into!? Comment and subscribe~