The Letter

Good-Bye But I Love You

Sooyoung's POV:

Sooyoung sighed and put her phone back into her pocket. She knew that Kai wouldn't reply back to her. The two weren't as close as they used to be ever since Kai started to like Jin Ae.  Sooyoung walked onto the road. She heard a honking sound and saw a truck heading her away signaling for her to move but Sooyoung knew that this was what she wanted.

She fell onto the ground and was starting to lose consciousness. She could see red on the road  and was starting to see a white blinding light. She could hear people screaming and sirens heading her way. She could feel her body becoming numb just like her soul. She could feel herself being lifted. Sooyoung smiled knowing that it was the end and she was finally able to escape all the pain that she was feeling. This was what she wanted and she was finally going to be at peace.

Kai's POV:

Kai was at the food court with Jin Ae and the rest of EXO. They were all talking when he received a phone call. "Yoboseyo." Kai answered. "Is this Kai?" "Yes it is. Umm who am I talking to you?" Kai said. "Do you know anyone named Sooyoung?" the unknown person asked. "Yes. I do know Sooyoung. Again, who am I talking to?" Kai said a little worried now.  Kris looked over at Kai and tried to listen in on his conversation. "I am a Dr. Kim from Seoul Hospital." Dr. Kim answered. "S-S-Seoul Hospital?" Kai said standing up. "Yes. Seoul Hospital. Sooyoung has been in an accident and we contacted you since you were the last person she contacted." Dr. Kim replied. Kai hung up his phone. Kris looked at Kai and he realized that something was wrong. "What happened to Sooyoung?" Kris asked. "S-s- she..." Kai said to surprised to move. "She what?!!" Kris yelled becoming impatient. "She was in an accident. She's at Seoul Hospital right now." Kai answered slowly. "Then what are we doing here? Let's go now!! We have to go see her." Kris and Luhan said. They all ran to Kris's van and drove to the hospital. As Kai was in the car, he was becoming really worried. He then remembered the text that he received by Sooyoung a couple hours before. He opened the text and read it.

To Kai:

Kai Oppa. Saranghaeyo.

Kai was extremely shocked by Sooyoung's text message.

As they arrived at the hospital, Kai and Kris ran into the hospital looking for Sooyoung. "Sooyoung!! What room is Sooyoung in?" Kai asked the lady at the desk. "Down the hall the last room on the left." She answered. Kai ran down the hall and opened the door. He saw Sooyoung lying on the bed barely breathing. He was completely speechless and stood there staring at her as the rest of the Exo members entered. Kris calmly asked the doctor "Is she okay? What happened?" "Please tell me she's okay." Kai begged the doctor. "I'm sorry. There was nothing we could do. We think that she committed suicide." the doctor answered. "S-Suicide?? Are you sure?" Kris asked. "We're pretty positive. Several people saw the whole thing happen and told us the details." the doctor said with a grim expression. Kris looked over and saw Luhan crying and he started to feel tears coming out of his eyes as well. Kai walked outside unable to see Sooyoung hooked up to wires.

Kai buried his face in his hands. He felt someone tugging his shirt and looked up. "Umm Kai. This is for you." Kyungsoo said handing him a letter. "The doctor found it in her jacket pocket." Kai took the letter and saw Sooyoung's writing on it. With trembling hands, he opened the letter.

Dear Kai,

Annyeong. Umm when you receive this I'm probably gone. I have loved for a long time now. When we first met at our tree, I thought that you were perfect. You always made me smile and you were my everything. I started falling in love with you more and more every day but I knew that I would never be good enough for you. In your eyes, I would always just be another friend. I hope you are happy with Jin Ae and that you have a happy life. I just wanted you to know that I love you and I always will. Saranghaeyo. And good-bye.

-Sooyoung

As Kai finished reading his letter, he started to cry. Kris walked out of the room and saw Kai crying on the bench. "You finally figured it out huh." Kris said. Kai looked up at him. "You knew?" Kris asked. "We all knew." Kris answered. "You were just to busy with Jin Ae to ever see it. I'll get the guys to leave so that you can see her alone." Kris walked into Sooyoung's room and left with the rest of the members. Kai stood up and headed into the room. He walked over to Sooyoung and held on to her hand. "Sooyoung-ah. Mianhe. I didn't mean to hurt you. You were my everything. I just never realized it because I always thought that Jin Ae was the one for me but now I know why I always thought of you when I was with her. I finally realized that you were the one for me and you will always be the one for me. If I saw your text earlier things could have turned out differently and now it's too late." Kai felt Sooyoung's hand start to move. He looked down and saw Sooyoung open her eyes slightly. "Kai?" Sooyoung whispered quietly. "Sooyoung. Your awake. Sooyoung. Mianhe. Please don't leave me." Kai said to her. "Mianhe." Sooyoung said slowly closing her eyes again. "Mianhe oppa. Saranghaeyo." "Sooyoung!! Sooyoung!! Open your eyes. Please!! Please don't leave me!" Kai said desperately. "Saranghaeyo Sooyoung." He heard beeping and knew that Sooyoung was dead.