Memories

Good-Bye But I Love You

As Sooyoung entered her room, she saw a picture of Kai and her together from when they first started high school. She fell in love with him when they first met but she knew that he would never love her back. She was just another friend of his and it would stay that way forever. Kris had told her many times to confess to Kai but she just couldn't do it. She couldn't risk getting hurt and losing the only special thing that she had in her life. Her friendship with Kai was the only thing keeping her alive. She would probably tell him one day when she is completely over him. She sighed as she remembered the conversation she overheard between Kai and Kyungsoo the day before.

Flashback

Sooyoung was standing outside of her homeroom classroom when she heard Kai talking to Kyungsoo. "Guess what? I think I like someone." "No way! Do I know her?" DO asked. "Yeah she's in our class. She's really smart and pretty." Kai said. "Is it Jin Ae?" Kyungsoo asked Kai. "Yeah it is. I mean she's so perfect." Kai said. Sooyoung could feel her heart slowly crack as she walked away from her homeroom. She bumped into Kris as she turned around. "Sooyoung. Are you okay?" Kris asked. "Yeah. I'm fine." Sooyoung answered smiling brightly. "Let's head into class then." Kris said opening the door to their classroom. Sooyoung walked in after Kris and Kai smiled at her as she walked in. "Hey Sooyoung!" Kai said to her. "Hey Kai." Sooyoung replied enthusiastically acting as though nothing had happened although inside she was dying slowly.

End Flashback

Sooyoung sighed thinking about that moment and she could feel the pain she had felt that day shoot through her body. As she was thinking about her memories with Kai, she heard her parents call her. "SOOYOUNG!! Come down her right now." Sooyoung left her room and sighed. She knew that she was going to have to her mom lecture her about her marks again. "Did you see your marks? Do you think you can get into university with these marks?" Sooyoung stood there unable to say anything. "Do you even know what university you want to go to? This is your life were talking about. Do you even know what you are doing?" Her mom said to her. "I don't know." Sooyoung said. "Do you think you can get into medical school with your marks? Do you want to become unsuccessful?" Sooyoung's mom asked her. Sooyoung stood there and looked at an empty space in the wall. There was no way that she could tell her mom that she didn't want to go to medical school anymore. She could never tell them that she no longer knew what she wanted to do in her life. She could never tell them that she wanted to be a musician and dancer. She knew that there was no way that they would approve. Sooyoung's mom walked away and Sooyoung let out a huge sigh and headed to her room again.

She sat down and looked at the picture again. Sooyoung was tired of the stress of school and her problems in life. Her grades were slowly dropping and the person she was in love was slowly drifting away from her. She just wanted it all to end and decided that today she was going to make it happen. Sooyoung sat down at her desk and wrote two letters. One was for no one in particular and the other was for Kai. She put one of the letters into her jacket pocket and left the other on her desk. She headed outside and walked over to a park. The park that Kai and her had visited many times. She walked up to their tree. The tree that started it all.

Flashback

Sooyoung was reading a book under the big tree when all of a sudden a small dog jumped on her and her face. "Bobo! Come back here!" Sooyoung looked up and saw a really good looking boy run over to her. He looked so perfect to her and Sooyoung could feel her heart beat faster. "I'm so sorry about my dog. He always runs over to pretty girls." He said. "I'm Jongin by the way but you can call me Kai." "I'm Sooyoung." She replied shyly. The two talked for hours and it felt like they knew each other for years. After that day, Sooyoung and Kai met at the tree every day until school started. When school started, Sooyoung realized that Kai and her were in the same homeroom class and she started to hang out with him every day. She then met Kai's friends which is how she became closer to Kris and Luhan.

End Flashback

 

Sooyoung walked away from the tree. Looking at the tree made her more depressed because she wanted everything to go back to the way it was but she knew it was too late for that. She knew it was the time for her to end it all. She couldn't take the pain anymore but she had one thing to do first.  Sooyoung took out her phone and texted Kai. 

Kai's POV:

Kai was at the mall with Jin Ae. He felt really bad about cancelling his plans with Sooyoung again. All of a sudden he felt his phone vibrate and pulled it out of his pocket. He was going to open the text but then he heard Jin Ae call him. "Oppa. Come help me with this. Do you think this dress looks nicer or this one?" Kai stood up and put his phone back into his pocket. He smiled and walked over to Jin Ae. He was happy to be with Jin Ae but he was wondering why he would think about Sooyoung sometimes.