saving grace (epilogue)

Saving grace(two-shot)

“Can you promise me to not act so mean in school anymore?” Yunho asked while walking back to class with Jaejoong, both of them feeling light-hearted.

“Y-Yeah I guess so”. It’s the first time after so many years that he is showing someone how he really acts and it kind of scares him. He feels so vulnerable now and insecure thoughts start to enter his mind. 

‘It feels carefree to be like this though’, a positive voice said in his mind and he smiled softly.

Yunho shamelessly stared at him as a small smile graced Jaejoong’s face and he felt stunned at how dazzling he looked. It made his heartbeat thumped a little faster and harder than usual and it left him confused.

Jaejoong noticed the other’s stare and felt uncomfortable as the smile disappeared from his face. 

“What’s wrong? Is there something on my face?” He asked, feeling self-conscious as he began touching his face feeling if there’s anything on it.

“No there isn’t. You just look nice when you smile, you should smile more” Yunho said and Jaejoong could feel his face getting hot. He knew his face was red now and he cursed himself inwardly. Seeing the lovely shade of red on Jaejoong’s face, Yunho chuckled at Jaejoong’s cuteness and had this urge to paint this image at the back of his head.

_._

All eyes were on Jaejoong as he fidgeted continuously standing in front of the class. “Erm, I… I just want to say… sorry for being so mean to all of you a-and I won’t be like that anymore”. He had a rather hard time saying this and he felt all of his courage he mustered gone as he bowed his head. His eyes were trained on the ground as he walked away from the whiteboard and everyone just continued to stare at him as if there was something wrong.

Jaejoong fisted his blouse and tugged at it as he tried to look up. The sight of Yunho smiling beautifully at him came to his sight and he took in a sharp intake of breath before giving a weak smile to him. It took Jaejoong a long time though, to muster up so much courage to apologize in front of everyone and Yunho had been nothing but supportive. He felt so thankful towards him and sometimes felt like drowning Yunho in his tears, which he will definitely not do. He snorted at himself for even thinking about that. (hahahaha!)

The class didn’t really respond to Jaejoong’s apology but it was peaceful in class for once and Jaejoong felt great about this. It was normal and everyone was as usual, chatting loudly in class while Jaejoong just hanged out with Yunho. 

“I’m so proud of you Jaejoong”, Yunho said enthusiastically and shyly held his hand. Yunho’s hand was big and warm, but sweaty at the same time and Jaejoong found that really cute. Well, it showed how nervous Yunho was right?

Their hands had fitted perfectly even though Jaejoong’s hand was a little smaller. “Thank you” Jaejoong muttered as he looked down, too embarrassed to look at Yunho.

_._

“Hey guys, do you mind if Jaejoong joined us for recess?” Yunho asked three of his friends which he usually hang out with.

“Sure he could, the more the merrier”, Yoochun replied with a greasy voice and gave Jaejoong a wink. Jaejoong was taken back, by the friendliness and the boldness of that guy but he had a good feeling about him. Yunho in turn glared at Yoochun which made the group laughed.

“Awww I’m sorry, I didn’t know he was taken! Why didn’t you tell me?” Yoochun and Changmin and Junsu had just laughed at their conversation.

Jaejoong felt coy as a blush was decorated on his cheeks again and he gave his attention to the floor. “Stop spouting rubbish and teasing him, he’s shy”, Yunho defended. Yoochun still teased them regardless and they had such a good time laughing. 

After school was over, Yunho and Jaejoong went to the mall to hang out and ate dinner together. Yunho had somehow realized his feelings towards Jaejoong and was determined to confess today. He felt his heart thumping loudly at the thought of this and his hand started to get wet again. He took deep breaths to calm himself down and mentally rehearsed his lines.

They were now walking closely in the silence with the magnificent view of the sunset painting the sky. The warm breeze danced around in the air as if cheering Yunho on and their hair lightly swayed around with the breeze. The sunlight shone on them, and as Yunho faced Jaejoong, he felt his breath stolen away from him by the statuesque sight in front of him.

He seemed to have forgotten his line now and he panicked a little.

“J-Jaejoong” Yunho stuttered.

“Yes?” Jaejoong turned to look at him. Both were staring intensively at each other, as if memorizing the details of each other’s face.

“Erm, do you have any boyfriend before?” Yunho asked nervously.

“No…” Jaejoong answered while staring at the ground.

“Wo-Would you like to have… me as your boy-boyfriend?” Yunho had such a hard time trying to say it out but he felt proud of himself for being able to tell Jaejoong. He waited in fear and anticipation for Jaejoong’s answer and mentally braced himself in case it was negative.

There seemed to be a long pause before Jaejoong timidly mutters a “yes” and Yunho took him in his arms without hesitating. He rested his head on Jaejoong’s shoulder, enjoying the feeling of both their rhythmic and fast heartbeats beating together as if they were one. He hugged Jaejoong tighter feeling so much joy and bliss in him now. 

He let go of Jaejoong after a long while and they stared at each other’s eyes. Many emotions could be seen in their eyes and as if wanting to portray those emotions, Yunho slowly leaned closer and closer to Jaejoong. 

Jaejoong shut his eyes and fluttered his eyelashes as he felt his heartbeat increased rapidly. They could feel their breaths on their faces now and after deciding they wasted too much time, Yunho gently kissed Jaejoong on the lips as electricity seemed to pass through them. Time seems to have stopped for them.