You complete me

My Separated Twin Brother

My whole body felt on fire, pulled in every direction at once. Fire at my bones burning me making me unable to move. Pain, it was all I could feel, all I could see or concentrate. Where was I, what my father here? The pain, my throat hurt as I tried to open my mouth to scream, I needed air, my oxygen seemed to be leaving me to fast to soon.

I needed to escape, but I felt so trapped, held down by some unseen force. I was frantic for escape now, anything to stop the unholy pain I was feeling. Just as I was feeling myself give up to the pain, a blast of relief began to fill me. My screaming bones seemed to calm with every passing second, the fire that raged around me seemed to dissipate as air returned to me, no longer constricted by lack of oxygen and everything seemed to dull now. The pain no longer felt overwhelming, though it was still present. I could now make out what had been holding me down in my attempts to thrash about as voices filled my ears.  

Who was here with me, was it my father, or perhaps someone else who had found me? I remember the scare that spelt worthless on my stomach, remember seeing Kangin and Donghae before collapsing. Had they grabbed my bag, or had he found it? Now that my body seemed to calm, I could think of the more important things now, like where I was. I tried to open my eyes against the feelings, the room was dark, and silhouettes moved about the room talking in hushed voices.

“Where am I?” I ask, my voice sounding hoarse from lack of talking. The voices stopped as they looked at me with stunned eyes. A small lamp or something illuminating the room and figures, but keeping me in shade, which I was grateful.

“Ryeowook, you’re awake!” Donghae beamed as he held my hand to his chest. Tears were running down his face as he smiled in happiness.

“What happened?” I ask again trying to find answers.

“You are in a hospital, Hae and Kangin found you hurt at home and rushed you here.” Leeteuk explained. I nod; did my father know I was here?

“My back pack, and does my father know I’m here?” I ask eyeing my friends and two others I did not recognize. Eunhyuk handed me my bag and I quickly began searching for my compositions with a happy smile as I located each carefully handled page.

“We couldn’t find your father,” Kangin explained making me nod. He was most likely out drinking.

“So, who are you?” I ask eyeing the two new boys. The one who had the long blondish locks looked over with confused eyes. I felt drawn to him somehow; a half found that I had once lost. I felt his sadness and confusion that translated through his eyes. That tears stained face and hoarse throat. I wanted nothing more, than to hold him and cry with him.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

I felt that empty feeling grow stronger the farther I walked from the hospital, I had felt so complete inside near those people.

“Are you sure you’re okay enough for me to go?” Jonghyun had asked before I had nodded and sent him away. Now that I was alone to my thoughts, I felt so alone and frightened. I had read everything about twins; we could feel eachother according to experts. Could I feel my brother? Had we held a connection this whole time? I needed to know, how much did we share, how much were we alike? I jumped when a hand landed on my shoulder.

“Key, you okay?” Jonghyun asked worried, was it that late already that he was now home from school?

“Yeah, sorry to worry you,” I reply but I knew Jonghyun did not believe me.

“Do you want to go and see if he’s awake, ask him yourself?” Jonghyun whispered.

“What if he is my brother, what will happen? Appa may love him more; I would be completely forgotten then.” I whimper. Soft lips touched my lips before being led from the home.

When we arrived outside the hospital room, I felt weak and shaky. My father did not know I was here seeing his patient, but I needed answers myself.

“Jongie, I can’t do this,” I whisper feeling my body tense. Jonghyun held my shoulders before opening the door to my answers.

When we entered, several heads turned to us with question.

“Can we help you?” a tall man who had winkles on the corner of his eyes asked. His appearance rang leader of the group.

“Is, he awake?” I ask quietly. The silence told me no, I hung my head at the news.

“Why, do you know him?” another boy who sat at the hospital bed asked.

“He’s the doctor’s son, he was curious.” Jonghyun answered.

“I’m Leeteuk, this is Donghae, and we are friends of Ryeowook’s.” Leeteuk bowed. Suddenly, beeping’s and other alarms began to go off as Ryeowook thrashed on the bed tensing up and screaming. I heard Jonghyun mention something about doctors as I fell to my knees feeling pain and wishing for it all to stop. Was this how he felt. This pain, I hated it I wanted it to go away. I felt myself being pulled away to sit down as voices of nurses and my father filled the room.

“Key, are you alright?” I heard Jonghyun’s worried voice ask as I clung to his shirt, he was kissing and rubbing my back hoping to get me responsive to something I guess. Finally, the screams stopped and the room began to empty. I risked a glance at my father; he seemed tired as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Ask him, you will know if he is who he is.” he whispered before leaving the room. I heard laughs and a small voice begin to speak. It was not until Jonghyun nudged me, that I realized I, was asked something.

“So, who are you?” he asked, his body covered in bandages. I looked at him with confused eyes, I felt drawn to him so suddenly. I opened my mouth to speak, but only a strangled gasp and tears brimmed from me.