Hurt

This Stupid Marriage

The next day at school, after 4th period, you walked out to your lockers to put your book away.

Your friends came up to you as they gave you a wink.

“What?” You raised a brow.

“So, we heard you met with your in-laws yesterday,” Eunji giggled.

You turned to Hyemi and gave her a glare. You specifically told her not to tell anyone because you didn’t want news spreading across the whole school. Basically, your friends are big mouths and Hyemi just happens to be one of them, only to Eunji and Chung Ae of course. So much for a trustworthy friend eh?

“It’s good.” You slammed the locker door shut as you walked towards the cafeteria.

“Soo Jin,” someone called.

You stopped walking and looked up only to find Ga In standing in front of you. You rolled your eyes as you sighed. “What now? Aren’t you going to let me eat?”

Your friends new that you and Ga In are rivals. It’s just you being a normal girl and going to school while Ga In is jealous of you and tries to get attention.

“You wouldn’t get mad if I suddenly kiss L.Joe right?” She questioned.

*Kiss?* “Excuse me, but he’s my husband you’re talking about.”

“By the looks of it, I don’t think your husband even likes you. He’s not even hanging around with you at this time. Where did he go off to?” She smirked.

*If only I can wipe that ugly smirk off your face.* You curled your hands into a fist and tightened them. Hyemi saw this as she pulled you back and held onto your hands. “He has other things to do. I don’t want to be following him around all day like a lost puppy,” you replied.

By the looks of Ga In’s face, you knew she was pissed off. She turned around and stormed off.

“Ai-yay-yay, what a child.” Chung Ae clucked her tongue.

You chuckled. “Come on guys, let’s go.”

Little did you know that that kiss was a key to something that will probably hurt you.

Soo Jin’s (You) POV

I totally forgot that my class is one cleaning duty and today, I am supposed to clean the school yard.

Thank god, my classmates reminded me at lunch before I get into detention.

My life.

“Excuse me, but do you know where the buckets and thongs for cleaning the yard are?” I asked the janitor. She was in her mid 40’s and she’s been working at his school for over 10 years so I’m pretty sure she knows everything about this school. Oh, she is also nice too! Everyone loves her.

“Yes dear, it’s in the janitor’s closet under the stairs.” She pointed.

“Thank you!”

Walking towards the closet which was all the way at the other end of the school, I opened the door and jumped back a little from seeing two figures incredibly close to each other and lips planted on each other’s. That figure was L.Joe’s and Ga In’s.

L.JOE?!

My husband? The jerk face? Kissing Ga In… in a janitor’s closet?

They turned to me as L.Joe gave a surprised expression.

“Sorry.” I mumbled before walking in between them and getting the buckets and thongs.

“Soo-“ Before he could finish, I slammed the door and put a hand on my chest.

“Jerk.”

I don’t know what I felt but it was painful. I don’t like this feeling, I think I’m jealous. But how? I don’t know if I even like L.Joe or not. So far, I hate him. I hate him for being a jerk. I hate him… for hurting me.

L.Joe’s POV

Hey. Hey.

You cannot blame me. I am a player after all. I don’t care if I’m married, it’s by contract anyways. What is so bad about making out with a girl in the janitor’s closet anyways?

“It’s bad if you have a wife you stupid hyung!” Changjo slapped my head.

“YAH! That is not how you treat your hyung!” I yelled.

“That is not how you treat a woman! Especially, your wife!” He yelled back.

Woah. Woah. Woah. Since when if our maknae so considerate? “Yah, I don’t care about her. It’s arranged marriage and you know your hyung, I’m a player and I do not plan to be a faithful husband.”

And just like that Changjo left…

This is the first time he’s like this, could it be that he has feelings for Soo Jin?

“L.Joe, you are such an idiot.” Chunji shook his head.

“What did I do?”

“You talk without thinking that’s what you did,” Niel spoke.

“Shut up. What did I say this time?” I sighed.

“You do know that Changjo’s father left his mother right? That is why he’s so caring to girls, he doesn’t want to be like his father who goes off cheating on his mother,” C.A.P explained.

Damn. I forgot about what happened between Changjo’s parents.

It all started when he was 5. Changjo came home from school, happy that he received an award. Just when he was about to open the door, his father stormed out with a suitcase in his hands.

“Appa, where are you going?” Changjo questioned, quizzically.

“Yeobo, please! We still have Changjo! Think about Changjo, do this to me, but don’t put the blame on Changjo please.” His mother came out, holding the fathers hands and pleading him.

“Umma!” Changjo ran over to his mother. He looked up at his father and stared into his eyes. The eyes that once were soft, warm and comforting was now dark, cold, and meaningless.

Changjo’s father took one last look at Changjo and his mother before leaving the house. His mother cried and cried in Changjo’s arms and that was the day when Changjo decided to stay strong and not follow his father’s footsteps. His father, was the first person that Changjo ever hated. He hated his father, for leaving his mother alone.

No One’s POV

“Noona!” Changjo called.

You turned around and saw Changjo waving at you. *Isn’t that L.Joe’s friend? Why is he calling me noona?*

Changjo ran towards you and smiled. “What are you doing?” He asked.

You held up your bucket and thongs. “Cleaning.”

“Need help?” Changjo brightened.

You chuckled and shook your head. “No, I’m fine.”

“Aniyo! I want to help!”

*How can this kid be so cute?* “Why are you helping me all of a sudden?” You questioned.

Changjo picked up the rubbish and placed it in your bucket. “You looked lonely, thought you needed some of Changjo’s cool assistance!” He pointed to himself.

“Oh my, I do? I thought I was doing fine by myself actually.” You smiled.

“Noona, do you like my hyung?” Changjo asked out of the blue.

“Hyung?”

“L.Joe hyung!” He smiled.

“Um, he is my husband so I see why not?” You answered slowly.

Changjo turned to you and smiled. “Noona, you can tell me everything. I won’t tell anyone.”

Seeing his cute expression, your lips formed into a curve. “It’s true!” He exclaimed.

“Are you sure?” You looked left and right.

“I’m sure! Just tell me, you look like you need a lot of things out of your mind.”

“Alright. I hate him so much I just want to choke him. I don’t care if he is my husband or not but at least can he not ruin my image by kissing another girl in the janitors closet? It’s so annoying having to see his face at school now I have to see his face at home too? What is this? How did I even get into this stupid marriage anyways? It’s not working out and I really want a divorce. But until the stupid contract ends, I can’t divorce him and yes the contract, we made a contract you better not tell anyone okay?” You sighed.

“He is a conceited jerk who cares about nothing but his stupid Mercedes Benz car. He is so impolite towards the people around him especially me, and his parents. I don’t like this attitude nor do I like his personality. He takes EVERYTHING for granted and I hate that so much and he is a cold and emotionless monster who is selfish because he doesn’t care about anyone’s feelings AT ALL. No matter how many schools or tutors this guy will go to, he would never know the word ‘sorry’ nor will he understand it. He is so arrogant and everything just has to go his way. I am living in hell because of him and I hate him so much. He is a hypercritic , a pain in the AND a stupid playboy,” you blurted.

You looked at Changjo who blinked multiple times but then smiled. “Woah noona, I never knew L.Joe hyung was this bad.”

“Oh, he is far from bad.” You nodded. Somehow, you felt light. Maybe because you let out all your frustrations.

“Noona, don’t worry! Changjo here will help you! And I promise I won’t tell anyone about the contract!”

You quickly covered his loud mouth before anyone could hear. “Oh, someone will know by your level of voice!” You hissed.

“Changjo!” C.A.P waved.

Both you and Changjo looked at C.A.P from the distance.

“Opps. Sorry noona. We’ll talk more okay? Hyung is calling me.” Changjo waved.

You waved back and sighed. This boy is just so lovable, you only realised that now.

Soo Jin’s (You) POV

Tired, I threw my school bag onto the floor before laying my body across the sofa.

This is my life.

After the talk with Changjo, I felt so much better. I can get into the state of being hypo right now since I feel so light, but that can save until next time. I heard the garage door open as I rolled my eyes.

“Bad wolf is home,” I grunted. I brought my body up and reached for my bag. Heading upstairs, all I could say was curse words about L.Joe.

I do not want to see his face, so this is the time where I take my leave.

Am I jealous?

No.

Am I angry?

No.

Am I pissed?

No.

Am I annoyed?

Definitely.

“Yo. Soo Jin, I’m hungry,” he spoke.

Am I his slave?

Please don’t let him remember the wish.

“Then go and get take away or something," i spoke, not taking one glance at his face.

“Hey, you’re supposed to be my slave?”

Oh goodie. He remembered. GREAT.

I turned around and glared at him. “What would you like young master?” I forced a smile. What ever happened to ‘not eating foods that I cook’?

“Anything delicious,” he replied walking past me.

I closed my eyes calming myself down. I’M GOING TO GO CRAZY.

Stomping downstairs, I headed towards the kitchen. This guy is going to get it. So, I decided to make Kimchi fried rice… with a handful of SALT THAT IS.

Sprinkle sprinkle.

Oh I am so proud of myself. But why do I feel so childish? Who cares, he pissed me off.

He walked into the kitchen and sat on the chair. Placing the bowl in front of him, I sprinted upstairs. Breathing heavily, I squeezed my eyes shut.

“SOOOOO JIIIIINNNNN!”

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Mission accomplished.

I giggled but then, my door opened revealing an angry L.Joe standing there.

“What’s the matter?” I tried to keep a straight face.

His face was still scrunched up because of the saltiness and his ears were red. Oh how I love myself.

“What’s the matter?! You put salt in my rice!” He walked towards me.

“Well, that is part of the ingredients.” I raised a brow.

He pushed me down huddled over me. His hands were placed on the bed leaving me no way to get out.

Awkward…position..

“It might be, but in this case it’s part of your stupid tricks. Putting more than the amount of salt into my bowl?” He cocked his head to the side.

“Well, that’s the right amount.”

Oh why am I feeling so hot all of a sudden? Maybe because he is on TOP of me, aigoo, get off me you stupid beast.

“Really? Last time I ate it and it wasn’t this salty.”

“Well then, why don’t you make it yourself then if you want to eat it?! What, you prefer making out than making your own food? Servant or not, you ordered food and you got it. Quit complaining and eat it otherwise throw it in the bin.”

I kicked his private area with my leg and sat up. He doubled over onto the bed, groaning while clutching on to his dear life manhood?

“YAH!” He yelled. But I don’t give; I am pissed off and annoyed. Walking towards the bathroom I slammed the door. And ladies and gentlemen’s, that is what you will get if you piss me off.


A/N: I hope people are safe in Fiji from Cyclone Evan xx