Escape

Ice melts with Ice

Chapter 7: Escape

 

"So Min Jung'ssi, what would you like to watch?" Soo Hyun glanced at her as they were in front of the Now Showing posters.

Min Jung scanned from left to right and glanced at her. "I'd never done this before.."

"Mm, then what kind of genre do you watch? Romance, Comedy, Actions..." before she could continue, Min Jung told her answer.

"Horror" at the corner of her lips where Soo Hyun can't see, she was slightly smirking.

Soo Hyun began to shake and stuttered, "Y-..you're sure ab-..bout that-..t?"

To show that she really insisted, Min Jung smiled for the first time in front of her after pointing at the movie she wanted. "Yes"

She slowly glanced at the movie and flinched at the poster. A teenage girl wearing in black was sitting in a chair with her face in fear. There were three ladies wearing in black as well, just behind her and one of them was about to strangle her neck. The poster wasn't full of bloody feature like she would expect in a horror movie but it somehow manage to unveil a gruesome one and she shiveered into her spine at the morbid sight.

"O-okay... c-..can you call the g-..guys about it, Min Jung..?" she shivered. Min Jung already told her that Il Bum have her Taemin's phone number since she found out that he also wanted to go to the Cinema. She can see that Soo Hyun was hoping that the guys wouldn't agree but she just knew what to do. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and texted Taemin instead of calling him so Soo Hyun wouldn't hear them. 

"Hey, we're going to watch a horror movie. It's... um, on number 4." she wasn't certain if she should tell her the title of the movie since it puzzled her in some way.

 

 

Taemin felt the vibration of his cellphone and found that Min Jung texted him. He check the movie on #4 and read the title.

"Curse... White?" his voice raised a bit because he read it with a question mark on his head.

Kai searched the poster he just read. "That's what we're gonna watch?" he asked, just to make sure.

Taemin slowly nodded. "Y-yeah.. It seems cool enough. The others are quite boring anyway." he half lied. The other movies, which were romantic and romantic comedies and some horror movies didn't really amuse him but it doesn't mean that that film actually caught his eye, but it was Min Jung's since it was her plan.

Kai shrugged. "Fine then." Taemin texted Min Jung.

"Well then, suit yourself." he sent the message to her. Kai witnessed how Taemin's eyes had this hint of something unexplainable and it wasn't something he see everyday.

"You've been using your phone a lot.." Kai glanced at him. Taemin was rather surprised. He almost forgot that he's actually texting the feline, Kai called, just infront of him. So to avoid his question, he pretended like he never heard him and his eyes was still glued to the screen. After a few seconds, Taemin placed his phone back when Min Jung told him it's starting.

"Let's go" he said to Kai and he nodded with a straight face.

 

 

"Aren't we getting some popcorn?" Soo Hyun held her wrist, afraid to go inside.

"I think it'll be better if we didn't buy any." Min Jung told her and was about go inside until she spoke again. "Don't leave the camera." she advised.

"O-oh yeah..!" she nervously chuckled.

"Perfect" Min Jung mumbled under her breath.

 

 

People were staring because of two reasons: One, behind them was none other than SHINee's maknae Taemin and EXO's Kai. Two, a girl was actually holding a video camera inside. As the guys went to their seats, their eyes widened when Soo Hyun placed the camera on her arm rest and the lenses were facing them.

That's when Taemin realized about Min Jung's plan.

"A camera inside the theater, huh? Nice~" he grinned a bit while Min Jung just shrugged.

The seat was: (Kai)(Taemin)(Min Jung)(Soo Hyun)

Even though Taemin and Min Jung were already right beside each other, they weren't dumb enough to think before acting that the camera is watching their move.

Taemin looked at Soo Hyun. "Are you always like this? Everytime?"

Soo Hyun quickly turned to him, satisfied that she wasn't looking at the screen. "It seems so.."

He met eyes with Min Jung and she mouthed 'leave her be'. He sighed while secretly stucking his mouth to the side. "Well then, suit yourself."

As the movie went on, Soo Hyun was holding her legs tightly for dear life, Kai kept mumbling while looking around, "Click Z Click Z Click Z me.."

On the other hand, Taemin waited for Min Jung's next move and as he glimpsed at her, his eyes widen with his eyebrows lifted, she was actually sleeping. Before he could get caught, he slowly turned away to watch the movie, as if he was getting interested in it, when in fact, he was getting bored as hell. When he didn' notice, Min Jung's other eyes, which was away from the camera, lifted very small and slowly and tried to find a figure. Just in time, she immediately opened her eyes when the guard was nearing up to them, though she was already expecting him to come since she had asked to before they entered but she didn't want to get scolded as well for sleeping inside the theater when there are so much people inside.

He turned to Soo Hyun with an irritated look like he was about to explode and she gulped at the sight, no matter how dark the theater is.

"Excuse me ma'am but what do you think you're doing??" he kept his voice as low as possible but they can predict that if he really shouted inside, it will cause an avalanche.

Soo Hyun looked at her camera then back to the guard. "I-it's not what you think..!" she defended.

The other people who are witnessing the scene pitied the poor girl while careless Taemin, Kai, and Min Jung didn't even spare a glance at them even though they were the closest one to her. The two celebrities did not want and moreover, should not do so because if the others ever found out they were here, they wouldn't be able to sleep inside. Unlike Min Jung who is even just right beside her, predicted already how she would want it and if she didn't knew, it would still be the same but in her mind wasn't smiling in victory, but scolding her foolishness.

After Soo Hyun explained to the guard and even showed her the shots she took, he was starting to think he should let her off.

"Alright miss but, your camera will be confiscated, you have to accept that." he held the camera with his anger already fading away.

"I'm sorry, my mistake.." Soo Hyun apologized to the guard as she gave the camera to him. When the guard left, Soo Hyun began sinffing for losing Il Bum's camera. Instead of pitying her, the three people beside her were getting irked as they scratched their hairs in unison.

 

 

Min Jung guessed the film was close to end so she did her next step. She turned to Soo Hyun who has her eyelis about to drop. After the incident earlier, she no longer feel scared for she was still worried of what Il Bum will do to her because of it.

"Soo Hyun'ssi.. I'm just gonna use the restroom." she whispered but it made her shot up.

"O-oh.. oh okay okay.." she nodded, a bit too much but Min Jung didn't notice and just walked pass her. Soo Hyun didn't seem to notice she was actually carrying a bag.

 

 

Taemin woke up slightly since some of the people inside the theater were chattering from some reason he did not know. He looked around and his eyes stopped at Min Jung's empty chair.

He looked at his wristwatch and he was glad that his cow wristwatch that Key gave him last year became useful when he just realized that it glowed in the dark. He turned to Soo Hyun, a slight hunch he felt if the plan she made was to escape... without them.

"Where is Min Jung'ssi?" he asked.

Soo Hyun answered with her head low. "Ladies' Room" ,she answered inaudibly. Before Taemin could process her words, his phone vibrated when he received a message from Min Jung.

"In a few seconds, Soo Hyun would excuse herself to the restroom..."

While he was still reading the message and even trying to understand what she meant, Soo Hyun received a message. After reading the message, she grabbed her purse and faced the guys, Taemin looked up from his phone.

"Excuse me, I have to use the restroom." she stood from her seat and left. Taemin read the last part of her message.

"...and if you want to bring that spider-head along, just wake him up beside you who appears to be drooling in his sleep."

Taemin slowly faced his right side and indeed, Kai's mouth was slightly parted with a slight liquid flowing from his mouth and if his ears were correct, he was lucky enough that nobody else was beside him except himself to hear how his snores sound exactly like a broken nebulizer. He sighed in embarrassment as he shook his brother awake.

Kai yawned and his eyes widened at the scene infront of him. The girl was being stepped at the large amount of people and she was slowly dying from the floor without anyone  knowing at the moment. "Fan girls.." he shook his head in fright. He turned to the side and found Taemin staring at him. "What?"

Before he could answer, a girl that looks like an elementary student sat beside him, her clothes were a bit simpler but her hair which is tied in twin ponytail that matches her thin red lips, she was definitely a lot younger. The dark didn't seem to help revealing her face but she somehow passed as one of their prettiest fans they've seen this year. 

Taemin sighed in frustration and tries to be as polite as possible. "Agashii, you're probably mistaken but that seat is already taken." he stated.

The girl looked at her outfit, which confused Taemin and Kai, and looked back at them. "That means my disguise hits the spot?" she asked.

The boys froze as they watched the girl smirk slightly. "M-Min Jung..??"

 

 

"This is pretty stupid, if you ask me." Kai uttered as he entered went to the other end of the theater to hide after them.

"Well, we're not asking." Min Jung spat without looking at him.

Taemin followed Min Jung's gaze. "We're escaping and yet you're still watching the movie?"

She glared at him. "I'm waiting for the film to end and if that ever happens, the lights will switch on and we'll be seen by them. I mean, you guys."

"And if ever you think this is really stupid, then why bother follow me? Idiots." she added as she met Kai's gaze. He rolled his eyes as he looked away from her.

"There" she mumbled but loud enough for them to hear. They followed her gaze and saw Soo Hyun quickly going up the stairs, like she suspected them escaping.

", the film's ending soon." Min Jung cursed as she looked at the big screen in front of them. The clothes that were hanging by her arm caught their attention.

"What's that?" Kai pointed. She looked at him and followed his gaze. "You have nice eyes."

He unawarely smiled at the comment but frowned as she added. "Don't ask where I got them, just wear it when we get out."

Taemin got a hat to hide his slightly blonde hair, a glasses to hide his obvious-celebrity eyes, and the jacket that caught his eyes had Min Jung wrap it on his waist and he was quite impressed how she can hear his thoughts. Kai got a blazer with a matching scarf and Min Jung reached for his hair so it will look a little more dorky.

"There, I hardly recognize you.. literally.." she bit her lip. She's not great in fashion sense but her seriousness of escaping got the best of her and they really looked like normal people. Her capabilities made her frown because it was one of the things she didn't like. Her only capability was dancing and singing.

"Can't we just wear shades and hoodies and stuff?" Kai complained.

Min Jung sighed. "That's too obvious. Here's the thing that'll help us escape: Blend in"

The lights have finally opened and the film credits were showing. Almost all the people were about to leave.

"Let's go!"

 

 

As soon as they got out, they actually found Soo Hyun searching for them outside with her fingers fiddling her phone as she tries asking the people coming out.

".." the three of them cursed. Min Jung thought an idea. She looked at Taemin who was secretly shaking in fear as well.

"Yah" she gently pulled his arm, getting his attention. Taemin faced her. "I have a name you know and you're the only one who doesn't know?"

She shook her head. "No time for that. You, go ahead while me and Kai follow later." she ordered.

He looked at Kai in puzzlement then back to her. "What are you planning?"

Min Jung's eyes widened when Soo Hyun was nearing them. "Just go!" she pushed him.

Taemin saw where her eyes went and completely went off. Min Jung held Kai's arm that caught him off guard. "What the-"

"Don't complain and just walk.." she hissed.

 

 

"No No No No No..! W-where are they??" Soo Hyun looked around the people coming out.

"I'm gonna be in so much trouble.."

 

 

Kai was gazing at Min Jung while her eyes followed ahead.

"You're a real troublemaker."

Min Jung faced him. "So? You just noticed, spider-head?"

"Spider head??"

"There you are!" Taemin ran to them.

All of them stopped and faced each other. They looked back at the troubling Soo Hyun and smirked at the sight.

"Mission Accomplished"