Hidden Affection

Loving Your Bestfriend is Hard

 

It was a usual day for Uruha. Waking up at 6 am, class starting on 7 am. it ends on lunch break and resumes again. Then he hangs with his friends. Particularly with Aoi. Then he goes back home and sleep.
 
A usual morning was started in a usual way. As Uruha wakes up, he checked his phone to see if there are messages. Aparently, there is. It's from Aoi. ~they kind of do that. sending 'good morning' messages to each other~
He smiled as he reads it. 
 
~fr: Aoi
 
good morning Uru!! Get up so you won't be late! I'm gonna show you a girl today. I guess she's my type :P
 
His smile suddenly faded upon reading the last part of the message. He wonders why he's feeling that way. It hurts. It feels like his heart is being crumpled. Why does he feel that way towards Aoi finding a new girl? He tried to ignore it. and put on a fake smile while typing a reply.
 
~fr: Uruha
to: Aoi
 
good morning you bastard! you're gonna hit on another girl?! poor her. lol.
 
Then he left his phone to his bead and headed for the shower. 
he had deep thoughts in mind. Particularly on what he felt earlier. He doesn't think he felt that way before when Aoi tells him that he's hitting on another girl. He just let it pass and think that Aoi will just dump her like everyone else. He thinks he's lucky because Aoi is still his friend. Aoi is not the type that sticks long with people. He easily gets bored. But there he is, still receiving texts from him, eating lunch in school with him, and still his bestfriend. He was happy the way it was. Maybe he had felt those feelings long ago but just ignored them for the sake of Aoi still being his friends. As far as he knows, everyone who fells for Aoi is being broken hearted in the end. He doesnt want to end that way, so he just brushed away those flutters he felt in his heart.
 
As he went out of the shower, he hi dried himself with a damp towel and wrapped it around his waist. He was soon scanning in his wardrobe. He was deciding which uniform should he wear today. They all look the same though. It's just that, he feels that he still need to decide which one is the right one to wear today. 
After wearing his uniform, he went to his dresser and picked accessories that satisfied his eyes, then put on light make up. His finishing touches were the eyeliner which totally suits him. even Aoi wears eyeliner. It just looks so good. After finishing himself looking good, he fetched his phone from his bed to check if there are messages from Aoi. 
 
There's no message so he just stuffed it in his pocket and grabbed his wallet and bag then went downstairs to have breakfast. He only ate few because he thinks he is full. His parents probably left already. They were busy but they sure are to provide the honey blonde's needs. He got up from his seat and got his allowance from the table and went out of the house.He picked his phone to send a message to Aoi.
 
-to: Aoi
 
Im on my way to school. You there already?
 
-fr: Aoi
 
Yeah, I'm here. Make it fast. I'm bored here. :P
 
After receiving the reply,He headed for his car and tossed his bag on the opposite side of the driver's seat.  his engine roared to life and he drove his way to school. As he arrived, he went straight to the parking lot he and Aoi usually parked. and was probably reserved for them since no student dared to take that spot. He parked his car then hopped out. He grabbed his bag and locked it. Not so long after that, Aoi came to his view flirting with a girl. 'she might be the girl she's talking about' he thought. He didn't see her face since her back was facing him. He felt his heart tighten up as he can observe Aoi smile while talking to the girl. He felt jealous. But no. he should ignoe those feelings. What's with him? no one knows. He never mentioned to anyone that he felt those silly things towards Aoi. He felt that it's very wrong, yet very right. He was heading to Aoi's direction but Aoi noticed him and waved on him..
 
"Uru!!!" Aoi shouted like almost everyone can here it. Uru blushed slightly on the attention given to him.
 
"Oh hey!" He answered when he was near him. He glanced to the girl Aoi was talking to and he looked at Aoi like sending him a silent message.
Aoi understood it and introduced the girl to Uruha. 
 
"Ne~ Uru-chan, this is Haruna chan.." Aoi introduced her to him.
 
"Hello Uruha san. Haruna desu. Yorushiku." Haruna said and bowed. 
 
"ah. Yorushiku ^_^" Uru replied. He felt like he was about to crush but he didn't show it. Aoi doesn't feel the same, so he has to be contented on their friendship if he still wants Aoi to be near him. The school bell rang, a perfect get away for Uruha. "I've got to go" Uru excused himself. "Don't you want to go with us? We'll head on the same direction you know?" Aoi asked him. "I've got some things to run before classes" Uru said. "Oh. Ok, see you later then" Aoi said as him and Haru went ahead. Uruha sighed and walked on the other direction. When he looked back, he notice that Haru's and Aoi's figures were gone so he decided to run to class. He was 8 minutes late already. He was panting when he reached the door of their class. He was trying to not get the attention of their teacher. He tossed his bag on his seat first and as he was sneaking to his seat, the teacher looked back and caught him. 'oh crap' he thought.
 
"Takashima-san, where have you been?" the teacher asked, she was really scary. "uhm, I just.. uh" he was mental blocked. He can't think of a good excuse. He notice Aoi throw a paper near him. "He was picking up the paper that I accidentally throw, sensei" Aoi stood up for him. "are you sure, takashima-san?" he glared on both of them. The class was totally quiet. "uh, yes ma'am. actually here it is." he picked the paper and walked to Aoi and whispered "thanks man" to him. "no problem" Aoi replied and Uruha faced the teacher. "So, i see. I thought you were late. take your seat now." The teacher continued the lesson. Uru's seat was beside Aoi so he sat on his seat. he whispered again" I really owe you, big time" He said, a little blushing. "Yes, yes you do." Aoi whispered back and grinned. Was he planning something?
 
Class went normally and soon the bell for break rang and all the students left the room, except for Aoi and Uruha. Uru was still fixing his things while Aoi was talking while waiting for him. Uru wasn't really listening since Aoi was surely talking about Haru and how will he get her and lovey dovey things he's planning. Uru wasn't interested at all.He just pretend that he's listening by making sounds of approval to everything Aoi says. When he's done with his things, he stood up. Aoi stood up from his chair, too. Then Aoi suddently said goodbye to him, Uru was shocked. "eh?where are you going? aren't you eating with me?" Uru asked, a little confused. "I told you that I'm eating with Haru while you're fixing things. weren't you listening?" Aoi answered. "so, I gotta go, my princess is waiting" and with that, Aoi left Uruha in the room. Uru felt a pang of hurt on his chest when Aoi disappeared. the thought of Aoi leaving him for another girl makes it more painful for him. Then he needs to brush those silly feelings away. and ignore those heartaches. since he is aware that once Aoi would know about these, the other man would hate him and be disgusted with just the thought of him. He went out of the room, too. But he didn't head for the cafeteria. He was sure to find Aoi and Haru dating there so he just wnet where his feet takes him. He stopped when he notcied that he was now on the roof top. He sat on the ground and took out his bento. "Itadakimasu!" He started eating but he felt lonely eating alone. He was us girlfriends before, Aoi would never ditch him during breaks. He felt really jealous of Haru but felt helpless since he can tell noone about his true feelings for Aoi. He finished eating and packed the box. He heard giggles coming near. a girl. A view of a boy came up then followed by a girl. When he saw them clearly, he figured that it was Haru and Aoi. Pangs of pain shot Uru's heart. Was he just stabbed by something? It hurts so much. 
 
A/N: I hope you like it....  I'm not good at writing.-.-" thanks for reading. I'm processing the next chapter...