Lee Hi

They Don't Know Me

 

Lee Hi’s POV
 

“Don’t slouch young lady.” My mother said with a calm yet threatening tone as she sat there in front of me, wiping her red lips with a cloth.

 

I straightened my back more before nodding my head a bit. “Yes mother.” I answered with a blank voice. I took the fork and knife from the side and used it to slice my pancakes.

 

My father was reading some newspaper, busy browsing the stocks and some other business related things in the newspaper, completely ignoring everything around him, namely me and my mother.

 

I heard a deep groan from my father as he folds his newspaper down to start eating his food. He threw a sharp glance at me, watching any fault that I might do. “So, I heard that your grades are slowly dropping.” Disappointment was visible in his voice.

 

I stopped from eating then looked at him with a blank expression. “I’m sorry father, I shall study harder from now on.” I answered him with what I think is the answer he would like to hear. I resumed to my meal when I heard my mother’s voice.

 

“Lee Hi, go straight home after school, you’re going to meet you tutor, arasso?” My hands froze in midair as my head slowly rose to look at her. I can’t really argue with anything they said, so what I did is only to nod all to his questions and accept this fate of mine.

 

I pushed myself away from the table after wiping my lips with a cloth like a lady. I bowed in front of them before walking some distance away from the chair. “Mother, Father I am going now, thanks for the meal.” I was expecting some answer from them, but all I received are cold glares from them, well it isn’t even new to me, I’m already used with this kind of petty affection I’m receiving from them. With a straight face, I left the house then went inside the car as our driver accompanies me to my school.

As soon as I arrived in the school, piercing glares from the queenkas and other girls welcomed me. If only stares can kill, I would’ve been dead now, luckily they don’t. I took my bag from the car and left the driver without saying anything, that’s how I was raised by my parents, a perfect doll to fit and will not disgrace their family name, which only means not thanking or apologizing to someone much lower than us.

 

I was walking on the hallway when a bunch of girls stopped in front of me. Its Jessica, one of the famous queenka here, she was twirling the end of her hair  as she munch a gum, sometimes blowing it into a balloon then popping it again before munching it once more. “So the lady Lee Hi is here again~” She sang which earned laughter from her goons.

 

“What do you want?” I asked still my voice devoid of any tint of emotion. I sighed and pursed my lips into a thin line before tilting my head. The other girl seemed to be annoyed by my gestures because she suddenly shoved me on the wall, which made me hit the hard metal lockers beside me.

 

Clanking sound of a metal echoed throughout the whole place, I can feel my shoulder is a bit numb due to the sudden impact that crawled on it. Jessica pushed my other shoulder which made my back hit the lockers fully; she placed both of her hands on my side, trapping me inside it.

 

“Little princess, stop acting like a when I’m around, arasso?” She threatened me for the nth time. She started this kinds of bullying right after I entered the school, for some reason she can’t live a day without bullying me first.

 

She trailed my hair and twirled the end of it before popping the gum again. “That doll face of yours irritates me~” She whispered and pulled my hair harshly which made me wince in deep pain. I literally kneeled in front of her since his grip on my hair is really strong.

 

Laughter from her peers became audible once again. Jessica left my hair alone before standing up, leaving me still on the ground. I think Jessica already attained their daily dose of bullying because after they pulled my hair, they just left like that, leaving me alone picking my scattered books around.

 

I fixed my hair before walking straight towards my class. “Left foot first then right, make sure your hips wave in a lady like manner, hands should be always steady and will not wave, and raise your chin always” Those are the words of my mother which burned a deep scar inside my mind.

 

“Be perfect, be understanding, be strong and intelligent, you’re the next owner of our business, you should be the most perfect thing in the world.” My father’s words for me, the word THING are emphasized as he said those words right in front of my face.

 

Because of my parent’s inspirational words, I opened the door of my class with a blank expressionless face, like nothing happened to me. Pride oozed out of my body, making other students rolled their eyes.

 

I sat on my respective seat, completely ignoring the glares of the people behind me. I was taking my stuff out from my bag and felt that someone is again staring at me, I raised it and saw the students in front of me who was staring at me turn their heads around as if I just caught them doing some bad deed or something. Hypocrites I whispered inside my head as the teacher finally stepped in and calmed the glaring girls and boys.

Hello, I’m Lee Hi and this is my life. Can you take a part in it despite how crazy the people around me is? Or you’ll like the other people that I’ve met, people who are ready to leave me whenever life gets rough. Choose wisely.

 

 



Author's note.

Finally i've updated this~ i planned this fic to be just only a one shot but then things move not according to my plan which resulted to this~ i think it'll have 4 chapters .. whmmm who knows~ -shrugs- Hahaha so how is it????? thanks for the one who upvoted me > < pressure~~~