Dinner

Does it Really Hurt?

A double update for you because I felt bad.

This chapter clears up who else Jessica is seeing behind Yuri's back. It's a lot of dialogue though. Enjoy

Still Jessica's POV

After gathering all the stuff I needed from my office, I rushed to Yuri's side so we can leave. I tell myself everyday that I still love her despite the horrible things I do to her. She's oblivious.

I intertwine our fingers together as we make our way to our car. She opens my door for me like a gentlewoman, and then she goes to her side to start the car.

The first few minutes on the way there we drove in complete silence. It wasn't awkward silence, but I'm not complaining. I like the quiet, and Yuri and I have reached a point where we don't need to constantly speak.

But it was too quiet.

"So, how was your day baby?" I asked breaking the silence. She looked like she needed to get her thoughts together.

"Basically the same as it always is. One of the new clients came down today."

"Oh. What was she like? Did she give you a hard time?"

"No not exactly," she said in between giggles, "She was a 17 year old asking me to design her prom dress. I found the idea amusing until she showed me the pay I'd be getting if I followed. everything she said."


"How much?"I pressed. Although she only designs clothes, I feel jealous because all her clients are pretty girls. Never did she have a male client. Yes, I'm the jealous type call me a hypocrite.

"Well, it's a large amount, but I was thinking of spending the money so you and I could go on vacation," she said as she had that smile on that made me fall for her. I smiled back.

"That's great! Where are we going on vacation?"

As I asked we pulled into the restaurant parking lot. We decided to finish the conversation inside.

When we walked in so the waitress could take us to our tables, I saw someone I didn't want to see. Apparently, Yuri didn't either.

"Omo! Yuri is that you?" The waitress asked.

"Uh, yes. Hi Yoona! It's been a long time hasn't it? Can you lead my girlfriend and I to our table now?"

I couldn't help but notice how uncomfortable Yuri seemed with Yoona. She just nodded and took us to our table.

"Wow Yuri, she's so pretty!" Yoona said while winking in my direction. "What's your name beautiful?"

"Jessica. Her name is Jessica!" Yuri yelled. I don't know why she's mad.

"It's okay Yul. So how do you two know each other?" I asked while patting Yuri's hand to calm her down.

Still frustrated, Yuri said, "She's my old friend from college." That isn't a reason to be mad. There's something else to this.

"I wasn't just her friend. I was her girlfriend. I tamed this player," Yoona said. "So, what would you two like to drink?"

Yoona never told me that. I told her everything about my relationship. I told her about how I felt terrible about cheating.

She has always been a good actor though. I knew she had feelings for me, but she acted like she didn't. She acted like being used to cheat was okay. She also proved her good acting skills at dinner. She acted like she didn't know me at all; it was just how I wanted it to be.

The rest of dinner went great, but before we left, I excused myself to the bathroom. Yoona was in there like I wanted her to be.

I quickly kissed her on the lips and said that I'm going to try to sneak out to see her.

Sneak out? It really shows my maturity. I'm like a teenager again trying to hide something from my parents. Instead, I'm an adult hiding something from my girlfriend.


........

The ride home was actually pleasant. Yuri wasn't mad at Yoona anymore and she told me some things about her past. Apparently, Yuri used to be a player. She had several girlfriends a week, and was well known in her college. This stuff is all in the past, so it didn't bother me.

She asked me about my past. I think this is funny. We've been dating for 2 years and both of us weren't comfortable talking about our past. I had nothing to say other than saying that I was popular, I had a lot of friends, etc.

We arrived home shortly and Yuri was tired from her work day so she went to sleep. I, however, didn’t fall  asleep because I'd be visiting Yoona tonight.

Even though I blew off Sunny, I don't really feel bad about it. Sunny and I had flings; we agreed that no feelings would get involved. But with Yoona, it's different.  I already know how she feels about me; I don't know how I feel about her.

Flashback

My boss was sick today, so she said that I didn't need to go today. Yuri refused to stay with me saying that she needed to bring in the 'money flow'. I wonder which one of her dorky friends she got that from.

I bet it was Sooyoung.  Yeah, she's our boss, but she shares a close relationship with all her employees. She always jokes around with Yuri. Not that I'm jealous or anything, but they are really close.

Anyway, I was quite bored so I decided to go shopping. Yuri wouldn't mind if I dipped into our money flow to satisfy my boredom on clothes. I went to all my favorite stores and got something to eat close to home. Before ordering, I went to the restroom to wash my hands. Inside the bathroom, there was a girl in the corner crying. The situation was awkward and normally I’d get out of there. There was something about this girl that made me want to take care of her.

So instead of leaving, I sat down beside her and asked why she was crying. She didn’t respond at first, but then I heard some laughter coming from her. She looks up with her makeup ruined face and says to herself, “Assa!” while fist pumping. I looked at her confused, and she asked if we could talk about it over lunch. Once again, normally I would say no to this kind of thing. I really didn’t want to.

Yoona was her name. She was going to audition for a role in a drama, so she needed to see if her crying would make others feel her emotions. I felt them alright. I felt them and they made me want to take care of her and I didn’t even know the girl. After lunch I wished her luck on her audition. She asked me for my number and I hesitated first. I was dating Yuri, and I sometimes went to go see Sunny. I gave it to her anyway because she was a nice person that I would want to see again.



….....


I don’t know how it happened, but Yoona and I would see each other as much as possible. I would still see Sunny like once a month, but I saw Yoona almost every day. I told her about Yuri and that I would like to build a relationship with Yoona too. She was perfectly fine with it. Yuri was never suspicious, and I never felt guilty with Yoona.

End flashback

It was about 10pm and Yuri was sleeping with no intention of waking up, so I decided to leave for Yoona’s. I texted her that I was on my way and drove to her house. I always had a backup story to tell Yuri if she ever woke up and wondered where I was. I’d tell her that I was at the park walking. Luckily, I’ve never had to use it.

I let myself into Yoona’s house and greeted her with a kiss. I had something serious on my mind at the moment, and I felt the need to voice it out. “Yoona, I think I want to leave Yuri.”


 

I know it's a short update but it was quick! The next one will be longer and probably updated next week. 

I added more to the chapter here. Now there will be an update next week

Katie out!