Sunbaenim

Murder With A Cute Name

 

"Um. Excuse me, sunbaenim?"

 

 Minho looked up from his bland lunch, which now consisted of a few bites of kimchi and rice, to a skinny young boy holding a pile of books with an equally stuffed messenger bag around his neck. He was wearing a pair of glasses and had neatly combed wavy, blonde hair. Juding by the navy blue uniform, he was a freshman.

 

 "What do you want kid?" Minho mumbled as he turned back to his remaining lunch.

 

 The freshman's face brightened, "Well, since it's career day and all and that you're going to prison with your appa... I just thought maybe you could... you know..." he trailed off nervously.

 

 "I could what?" Minho growled. This was lunch time, not talking with senior students who were annoyed by little freshman kids.

 

 The boy blushed, "Could you... give this to... T-Taemin?" he said timidly. He held out a baby blue envelope with a name harshly scribbled onto the front with trembling hands.

 

Taemin Lee.

 

 His father hadn't stopped talking about the boy since the trial had started. Minho recalled the boy had been sentenced to death for the murder of his family. But he wasn't so sure. Minho never really watched the news. But it still led him to wonder why this boy in front of him, still had the heart to care about Taemin after what he did.

 

"And why do you care?"

 

 The blonde looked taken aback, "Taemin... I-I knew him. We grew up together. He's... He's not like that! Taemin wouldn't hurt anyone.... Ever!"

 

 Minho snorted, "You'd be amazed at how fast people change kiddo."

 

 "I have a name you know! It's not kiddo. Can you please stop calling me that? My friends were right, you seniors are a bunch of douches." the blonde huffed

 

 Minho simply raised a curious eyebrow,"You never mentioned your name."

 

 "It's Kibum. Kim Kibum." he said haughtily, flipping his hair with a swift flick of his hair. "I'm Taemin's bestfriend."

 

 Minho stood up, tucking the envelope into the inside of his coat, "Well, I can assure you that I can get this letter to Taemin." he said in a smooth voice, patting Kibum on the shoulder.

 

 Kibum bowed,"Thank you sunbae... Really, it means alot to me. And Taemin." 

 

 Minho looked down at his wristwatch, narrowing his eyes at the digital numbers. It was 12:23, and class would be starting back soon. He gave Kibum another pat on the shoulder, "You best leave now. Class will be starting soon and I have to leave."

 

Kibum nodded, suddenly teary eyed. "Please... Tell him that....Everything's going to be okay... Please? I miss him. He was my only friend an it's really hard to wake up every morning knowing... that he's gone."

 

 Minho sighed in frustration. Freshman's just didn't know when to shut up did they? Even he wasn't this annoying at 15. Why was life so difficult? "Look... Kibum. Taemin's on death row. He's gonna die and that is just that. I can't do anything about it. But if you'd like, I will try and get you in so that you both can see eachother face to face. Okay?"

 

 Kibum's eyes widened, "Y-You'd do that for me?"

 

 Anything for you to shut up and go away... "Yes I will. My father won't mind."

 

 "Will all the senior students who are participating in Career Day, please make your way to the front of the building. Rides are beginning to arrive. Thank you."

 

Dear god thank you... "Well, looks like I have to go. You better get back to the freshman building before the disciplinary commitee find you here."

 

 Kibum nodded before turning to run briskly down the hall, "Thanks again hyungnim!" he called before rounding the corner and disappearing out of sight. 

 

 Minho stood in the hallway, listening to the taps of Kibum's shoes as he ran back to the freshman building. He was completely alone. Standing it the bright hallways of the senior building. When the taps disappeared, he pulled out the baby blue envelope and examined it carefully. There were teardrops all over it. Staining the envelope a lighter blue where the stains were. 

 

  He smirked before tucking it back into his coat.

 

 "Stupid kid..."

 

 So SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR OVARIES

(OR BALLS IF YOU'RE A GUY)

CUZ SHINEE IS COMING OUT

WITH A NEW SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

 

THE OVARY EXPLOSION BEGINS WITH:

 

MINHO MIGHT BE BLONDE.

HOLY SHIET YES.

131576163870.giftumblr_mgw4q4ksyf1s3g6zio1_400.gif

 

tumblr_li8bcvWdAc1qdsq0a.gif