Chapter 8

the Princess, the Amazon and their Men

 

HARUKA wiped the crease on Kyoumi’s brows as her sister stared at her in an annoyed expression though she knows that Kyoumi wouldn’t really be able to get angry at her. The airport was not so crowded but there were few people whom whenever spotted them will stop and stare for a small time.

 

Ryosuke patted Haruka’s shoulder and squeezed it as he gave her a final hug.

 

It came as a shock to the two when she told them the night before that she’d transfer to Berlin. She received quite a lot of cold-shoulder from Kyoumi but then her twin couldn’t really ditch her and came to see her off.

 

Kota was also there, being formal as ever as he gave her a kiss in the forehead and hugging her tightly.

“I just couldn’t believe you!” Kyoumi exclaimed with a pout. “You asked me to stay at the palace and now, you’ll go? You betrayed me.”

 

Haruka just laughed and gave her sister a quick kiss on the cheek.

 

When the attendant called, Daiki came towards her. His face was passive. There was no way she would be able to read his thoughts. He put her baggage in the trolley and handed her the hand bag. She knew he was quite surprised when he saw her packed things earlier that morning.

 

He didn’t ask her where she will be going, though. It pained Haruka that he didn’t even seem to care that she would be gone for a very long time but Haruka had been ready to accept that fact. Even so, it still hurt her so much.

 

He had been with Kyoumi most of the time, watching her practice her sword-fighting technique. He would just go to her if it was time for her meals or when he knows that she would be going to sleep. He was nowhere in sight in between but of course, Haruka knew where he had been staying. Though, she hated herself because she had been stalking him, she just couldn’t go on a good hour without wanting to see him.

 

  Haruka stared at Daiki as he bowed to her after she took her bag from him. She nodded as she promised herself that she would let go of his memories and move on towards a future without him.

 

She started to walk towards the escalator when Kyoumi bid her a goodbye. She looked back and waved to her siblings. Ryosuke and Kyoumi waved back. Kota just smiled to her. Her eyes landed on Daiki’s and caught a glimpse of something in his eyes. Were they sad? She just couldn’t tell if she was correct, he had maintained being emotionless.

 

She just looked away and smiled while heaving a sigh. She will be able to move on, now.

 

           

 

            Kyoumi let her horse, Core jump the hump before she pulled him to swerve on the dirt making him whinnied at the smoke that his hooves made in the dry soil. She urged him to run fast towards the center of the arena and shoved her spear on one of the bamboo targets they installed especially to her. She put all her anger and anxiety in every blow that she gave those pitying bamboo shoots.

            Here and there, she let Core run while she destroyed all the shoots that still stood erect from her previous attacks. When she saw that everything was destroyed, she angrily shouted at one of the servants, “Are all those you got?! Put some more or you’ll all be my targets!” she shouted. Immediately, the servants scuttled everywhere probably looking for more bamboos or other things that their amazon princess could destroy.

            Kyoumi, despite all her anger felt guilty. The servants didn’t do anything. They were just trapped within the situation. She hated the fact that she couldn’t do anything to stop Yuri’s stupidity or stop her sister from going away.

            She led Core beside the arena and let him stop to take a break. She was exhausting him since she had been like this for several hours already.

            As their servants were busy collecting targets and bamboo shoots for her, there was one in a white tuxedo who seemed lost in space. He was staring at the arena as if it was one particularly boring show yet he never took his eyes from it.

            Kyoumi pouted, “Hey,” she said in a low voice as she approached him. “The arena is not Berlin, don’t stare at it.” She teased.

            Daiki looked up to her upon hearing the word. He stood up properly and looked around finally realizing the busy atmosphere. “Gomenasai.” He said. “What did you say?”he asked.

            “Dai-chan, do you want to take a rest? You seem lost these days.”

            “Ah, iie.” He answered. “I will go to your brother’s office. I guess I need to talk to him.”

            Kyoumi cocked her head to him. “About what?”

            “About my resignation.” He answered before walking away.

            “What?! You are resigning?” she asked staring at his retreating back. “But what about me?” she asked him though she knew he didn’t hear it.

            She gulped down the lump that was forming in . How could they?  She asked herself. They kept on leaving me. All of them... she sadly stormed away leaving the still busy servants to wonder what happened to her while she held back the tears that were forming in her eyes.