CHAPTER FIVE

the Princess, the Amazon and their Men

 

 

HARUKA FOLLOWED HER SISTER WITH HER EYES. She had been complaining for the whole day.

 

“Nii-tan, you can’t do this to me.” She addressed her brother Kota who was seated behind his computer and typing indignantly.

 

Ryosuke was seated opposite Haruka. He was smiling at Kyoumi’s recession and complaints though he was not looking away from the Manga that he was reading.

 

Haruka took the pillow beside her and tossed it to Ryosuke who looked at her in confusion and annoyance. Haruka put up the Philosophy book she was reading and held it up so Ryosuke could see it. She pointed at the book and then to his Manga and made a huge X with her hands.

 

Ryosuke just smiled and pouted at her before making a nerd face.

 

Haruka pulled another pillow and tossed it to him who just caught it and made faces at her. She pouted and turned her attention to her manservant.

 

Daiki was staring at Kyoumi who was now leaning before her brother, Kota. Haruka saw concern at those eyes. There was also a hint of adoration, anger and jealousy in there. She looked away. It was as if a block of stone pinned her chest when she saw his eyes since the way he looks at her sister right now, it was obviously love.

 

 

KYOUMI WOKE UP AS THE HEAT OF THE SUN BLAZED IN HER SKIN. She struggled as the bright light shocked her eyes. The curtains in her window were drawn and the heat was coming inside. “What the?”

 

“Good morning, slave.” A voice said beside her bed.

 

Kyoumi sat up and came face-to-face with the guy she met at the birthday party. “You?! What are you doing in my room?” she asked angrily.

 

The guy smiled. It was the first that Kyoumi noticed how smooth and rosy his skin was. His lips were small and pinkish. His eyes were adored with thick, curved eyelashes that will make every girl jealous.

 

“Actually, that is supposed to be my question. Why are you still in bed?” he asked.

 

Kyoumi gritted her teeth angrily. “And why is that?”

 

“You are supposed to be serving me already. I haven’t eaten my breakfast, lady and it is already seven in the morning.” He said crossing his arms in his chest.

 

“Serving you?!”

 

“Yes, I won that prize fair and square.”

 

Kyoumi’s eyes widen and she gasped at him. “You are that guy?” she asked.

 

The guy smirked at her.

 

Kyoumi snapped at herself and gave him a sullen eye. She really wanted to strangle the guy and choke him to death.

 

“So, my breakfast?” he asked.

 

Kyoumi cursed at him before pulling off her blanket. “Serve him well.” That was what Kota told her the day before. She use every trick that she can pull against her brother and she even threatened him that she’ll go back to the forest with her Amazonian friends but his brother seemed to have become deft.

 

“I’ll be out in a minute, master. If you could just spare me a some time to groom myself.” She said and curtsied, just to spite him.

 

The guy didn’t even look bothered. “Ok, just few minutes will do.” He said and walked out.

 

Kyoumi followed his back with a stern look.

 

 

“UNTIL WHEN WILL YOU BE STAYING?” Ryosuke asked Yuri who was in front of him in the porch.

 

“Until I get bored.” Yuri answered.

 

Kyoumi’s eyeballs moved in her eyes. The guy was definitely the devil. He had her bring him breakfast in the garden, requesting something and then changing his mind afterwards. She had even considered putting poison in his Morroccan Sausages just to end her calvary.

 

“Yuri-kun, you are really great yesterday. I never thought that you could fight like that.” Haruka said looking up from the thick bathroom book that she was reading.

 

“Of course, I am.” Yuri said proudly.

 

“He is a direct descendant of the Commodus, the Roman Emperor who died because he loved playing gladiator.” Ryosuke said.

 

Yuri laughed. “I am not. I just like to squeeze out my excess energy.”

 

Haruka laughed.

 

“Tsk. Or, you just want to show off.” Kyoumi murmured.

 

“What is that, slave?” Yuri asked.

 

“Nandemonai, Yuri-sama.” Kyoumi answered. She pouted as she caught her brother and twin sister smiling at her in amusement.

 

Yuri put down his empty plate of cake. “Get me more cake.” He commanded and shoved his plate to Kyoumi.

 

Kyoumi grabbed it and stomped away.

 

The dirty kitchen was empty except for Daiki. He was scrambling some egg in a bowl and putting seasonings in it.

 

Kyoumi opened the refrigerator and took the box of chocolate cake.

 

Daiki looked up and put down what he was doing. “Let me do that, your highness.” He said and pulled the plate away from Kyoumi and sliced a piece of cake. He handed it to her.

 

Kyoumi looked at him. He was really cute. No wonder why Haruka chose him to be her personal butler. “Is Haruka giving you a hard time?” she asked.

 

Daiki who went back to scrambling eggs looked up. He smiled at her. Kyoumi felt herself blush. There were only few guys who could smile as sweet as that. Only three actually, Kota, Ryosuke and… Yuri. She shook her head at that thought.

 

“Iie.” Daiki answered and put some oil in the pan. “She is just so nice.” He said.

 

“Typical of Haruka, she is an angel, you know?” she declared. “I am the devil.” She said.

 

Daiki looked at her. “No, you are not.”

 

Kyoumi smiled at him. “Hopefully not.” She smiled at him.

 

Her eyebrow cocked up as she thought of catching the cute butler blush before turning away and started frying. “Let us hang out later, Daiki-kun.” She said.

 

Daiki faced her and nodded a little before bowing down.

 

 

“WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?” Yuri asked as Kyoumi turned in one corridor leading to the porch. She was still holding the plate which she gave him.

 

“I don’t want that anymore. I’ll be going for a ride.” He said and put the plate under a statue and walked away.

 

Kyoumi pouted and took the plate. She followed Yuri. When she said a maid passing, she handed it to her. The maid was shock but took it anyway and bowed.

 

Yuri stopped in front of one of the stables. He looked at her. She was wearing a tight fitting jeans and dark blue blouse.

 

Yuri called his squire and asked him to pull out his stallion.

 

Kyoumi gasped as a pure black horse came into view.

 

Yuri smiled upon seeing the horse. He looked at Kyoumi and smiled. “My baby, a pure thoroughbred Arabian Stallion, Night.” He said full of pride.

 

Kyoumi also smiled. “He is so beautiful!” she exclaimed. The horse whinnied and stomped his feet as if acknowledging her appraisal. It nuzzled towards Kyoumi’s hand when she reached out to pet its head.

 

Kyoumi found out that he was a diamond shaped mark in its forehead. It was brownish in color, so it was not easily spotted. “There is a brown diamond in his head!” she exclaimed.

 

“Hai!” Yuri agreed.

 

“Can I ride him?” she asked. Back at the Amazonian training camp, she learned how to ride fast and furious. It was part of their battle training.

 

“He may let you pet him but nobody could mount him except for me.” Yuri declared. “But then ok, I’ll let you ride with me, but I’ll hold the reins.”

 

Kyoumi pouted in disappointment but then at least she could still ride the beautiful horse. “Ok.”

 

Yuri’s squire handed them riding boots. Yuri mounted the horse. His movements were so fluid that it drew awe in Kyoumi’s mouth. He then held his hand to hers which she accepted. He seemed to be small for his age but then he was really physically fit and tough. He pulled her like she was just a bag of cotton.

 

“You don’t need to wait till we get back.” Yuri told his squire and pulled on the rein as Night started to gallop.

 

Kyoumi felt the air brush her cheeks. It had been awhile since she last rode a horse and it always calmed her. She giggled.

 

Yuri laughed behind her. Kyoumi looked back at him. “Nani?”

 

“Betsuni!” he shouted as he made Night run faster. One of his hands went on Kyoumi’s waist while the other held the rein. He leaned forward.

 

Kyoumi shivered as she felt air surround her but she shivered more when she felt Yuri’s breath on her neck. Her heart beat strangely fast. A new sensation gripped her senses. Yuri’s arm around her sent electrical shock in her veins.

 

Kyoumi whimpered. She closed her eyes as a sense of fear enveloped her beating heart. She felt suffocated.

 

Kyoumi felt the horse slow down and then stopped in a halt. She opened her eyes. She gasped as she looked in front of her. They were in one of the highest point of the kingdom. Ahead was vast lands, mountains, and few scattered houses.

 

“This is the borderline.” Yuri said and pulled her closer. Kyoumi was shocked that he was being really nice to her. She wanted to complain yet the beating of her heart stopped her from doing so.

 

 He leaned his chin in her shoulder. “That town is the gateway to my kingdom.” He said.

 

“We are very near your kingdom.” Kyoumi said in amazement.

 

“Hai.” Yuri answered. “That is why whenever I get homesick; I travel this way towards yours. This is a short cut which I discovered when I went to that town, in disguise, of course.”

 

“Why did you go to that town?” Kyoumi asked.

 

“Hmp…” Yuri seemed to be recalling the event. “I heard that there was secret weapon trader in that town. He was said to have antiques that can’t be bought easily, secretly shipped from Europe to Asia. I got curious so I went there.”

 

“Is it where you got your imperial gold?” she asked.

 

“Nope. Those are from my father’s weaponry. I got something better.” He answered.

 

“What?” she asked in curiosity.

 

Yuri smiled and squeezed her before placing a soft kiss on her cheek. “You’ll see.”

 

Kyoumi’s heart fluttered and a smiled escaped her lips. Yuri’s other hand left the reins and enveloped her. They stayed there for a while. She was in his arms while he was showering her with light kisses in the face, neck and nape.

 

Kyoumi sighed contentedly but fear was still eating her heart. She closed her eyes, leaned back to his soft yet tough chest. She indulged in the feeling that was so new to her and yet she was afraid. Afraid that Yuri was only giving her false hope.