4

My Only Love

Words: 928

 

Two Years Later

 

"Master! Misses is having labor pains" his personal servant breathlessly called out to him, "Miss is having labor pains!"

Myungsoo scrambled his way to the lady's quarters.

"Master, you should calm down".

"You're right, I should be calm" He told himself, but he wasn't hearing anything, it's been hours and there's no sound.

 

He didn't want to believe it. He saw his wife's personal servant coming out; she should have the happy news. He thought.

"I'm sorry master, but we lost both of them".

Tears began to brim at the corner of his eyes, what did she mean.

"No...no!", he latched onto her tattered clothes.

"I want to see my wife". He pushed the door open; to his shock, he found his wife in the pool of blood; she hadn't given birth yet.

"Ahyul! Ahyul! Please...open your eyes!" His voice shook with sorrow and his misty eyes full of disappointment.

"You weren't suppose to die." He shook her as her lifeless body laid still. He rested his head on her baby bump, as he it slowly...

"You were not supposed to leave me, hmm...my baby...you didn't make it to the world".

His tears soaked her clothes even more; he sat up, not caring about the blood and hugged her close, savoring every last bit of her.

As he looked up, he saw the shaman.

"I now realized my mistake", the shaman said.

"What mistake would that be!" He screamed at her.

"You were not meant to be together...you're both destined to be alone." She explained.

"What!?" He scrunched up his face as he cleaned his nose.

"You can never be together in any lifetime...she will always die if she's with you". He stood up and made his way to the shaman.

"Who told you to switch my soul? You should have left me to die!" He angrily lashed out at her.

"I thought you would be together till you were both old and happy".

"Why don't you kill me now, and make sure our reincarnated soul don't meet!"

"I can't do that." She said as she vanished from his sight.

 

 

Ahyul's personal servant came in to check on Ahyul's body; she had sent out a letter to her parents, there was no way they could possibly do her funeral unless her parents are there. As she made her way into the lady's quarters, she found Myungsoo's body hanging from the roof; he had killed himself. If Ahyul couldn't have him, no one else deserves him.

 

 

Year 2030

 

Myungsoo gallantly made his way out of his newly bought car; he was finally happy, he couldn't believe he was finally doing what he'd always wanted to do in his life. He has a great fiancée who gets along with his parents. This was the life he always dreamed of.

He went into the coffee shop his best friend had been patiently waiting for him.

"Hey, you're here...finally" his best friend couldn't hide his dissatisfaction.

"Yeah, let's go" he says nonchalantly disregarding his best friend.

"By the way...whatever you hear, make sure you believe it ok" his best friend warned him knowing what kind of person he was.

"I know, she can be trusted, look at your life...she predicted it"

"Just make sure you listen carefully"

They made their way to the fortune teller's home, she welcomed them and both of them sat on the floor awaiting their fortunes. She looked oddly familiar to him, but he'd never met her before.

"Young man...you have a terrible energy"

"What!?" Was it now that his perfect life finally goes awry.

"What is your fiancée's name?"

"Ahyul" he answered.

"Break up with her immediately or you will suffer from a terrible fate"

"I'm sorry...but I don't understand"

"As long as she's in a loving relationship with you, she'll never be happy" she further explained.

"Is it because of me?" He asked.

"No young man, that is both of your fate, both of you are fated to be alone"

"I'm trying to have an open mind here...what you're saying is that we should not get married, but can we still date?"

"No!" She screamed startling both the young men before her. "You two cannot be one in no way shape or form".

 

They sluggishly walked the streets of Seoul trying to make sense of this situation. Myungsoo sighed as his best friend comforted him.

"I knew it before she told me...I guess I'll just have to save her, we can just be friends who care about each other, but we're going to have to worry about my parents..."

"What do you mean you knew" his best friend interrupted.

"It's just a feeling...just being her friend can make us live a long happy life"

"But you know your parents would want you to get married right"

"Don't worry...they'll die soon, they're going to be in a car accident...it's their fate"

"Myungsoo, are you serious"

"I only care about Ahyul; you heard her, it's both of our fate, if we can't have each other then no one can have us. She can be my only love" he says as they made their way along the sidewalk, but what he was saying was not making sense to his best friend. Myungsoo could only laugh at his clueless face.

"Wait for me" his best friend ran after him.

He could just be happy without being with her. They both had something in common: they didn't belong to anyone, they couldn't be together, but they would be truly happy if they stayed by each other.

 

 

Author's Note: Well...this story was a disappointment, I was just scribbling, I guess as I wrote it got worse.

Sorry for not updating since last November; I hope to write a better fic in the near future.

Thanks for reading.

 

Kindly check out my other fics.