Don't Say Yes

Don't Say Yes

The day of the wedding arrived.

Hyukjae breathed in the fresh scent of the woods before shrugging on his coat. His blond hair was tussled and messy and he knew Hyuna was going to flip once she sees it but pleasing his bride was the last thing on his mind currently.

What was bugging him was actually his best man and ex-lover.

Lee Donghae.

It was currently threatening to unleash the passionate love that he had for Donghae several years ago.

Sighing, he brushed the matter aside and descended the steps, coming face-to-face with the handsome groom, Yesung.

"Hey, how ya doing?" The latter inquired, smiling warmly as he clapped Hyukjae's back.

"Fine, i guess." The blonde replied, looking more confident than he was inside.

"Yesungie!"

Both males glanced up and saw a pretty lady bounding down the steps, only to be enveloped in a bear hug in Yesung's arms.

"Dear, you're not supposed to show yourself." Leeteuk grinned before snuggling into the younger's arms, sighing in bliss. The white dress that Leeteuk wore resembled one from a fairy-tale, what with the tight corset and the princess skirt that spread everywhere. It was made of silk and satin, with shiny diamonds adorning the volume of white. And it was sleeveless, showing off the slim and feminine arms of Leeteuk.

The male's long, brunette wig was tied in two loose braids that curled upwards to form an elegant bun and his face was skillfully done up with a light hue of red drawn onto his lips.

Leeteuk was beautiful.

Glancing at them, Hyukjae felt an unfamiliar rush of emotions - envy.

He envied their sweet love and he wanted his partner to understand him like how Leeteuk and Yesung understood each other.

Shaking his head, he got ready and strode over to where the grooms were supposed to wait. As the wedding bells started to ring, Leeteuk and Hyuna started their way down the aisle.

Hyuna was in a simple white tube dress that displayed her curves and her hair was down. Somehow, she lacked the sweet, rosy cheeks and the blissful aura of a bride but Hyukjae decided not to take too much notice of that, seeing that he wasn't much better himself.

And Donghae didn't help much by dressing in tight black skinnys and a black shirt with a black coat over. The only colour he had was the white tie that hung from his neck.

He look like he was going for mourning.

But of course he still look wonderful.

Squeezing his eyes shut, he forced himself to think of Hyuna instead of Donghae. The first to take their vows was the yeteuk couple. Before the minister could finish his speech, Yesung burst out with a string of "I do"s , causing the audience to laugh in delight.

"Mr Kim, I have not finish my speech." The minister snapped, annoyed. Apparently, the minister was a male name Siwon and he had a boyfriend called Kibum who was sitting with the audience.

Embarrassed, Yesung nodded and bowed his head in apology, causing Leeteuk to giggle and slap his arm in a not-so-feminine way, a 'piak' sound echoing around.

Ouch.

But Yesung seemed unaffected, instead, he seemed to enjoy Leeteuk's reaction.

Blind love.

"And now, Miss Hyuna-sshi......-" As the minister rattled on, Hyuna suddenly raised her head defiantly.

"I don't."

Hyukjae's eyes widened in shock as he watched Hyuna ripped off her veil. Even Donghae looked surprised.

"I don't want to marry Hyukjae." Hyuna confirmed her words.

"Why?" Hyukjae questioned, wondering whether his bride had gone mad.

"Because you don't love me. You love Donghae. Whatever you said in the past to me was mostly about what you did with Donghae. And now, you behave like you just fell in love again, with him. I don't want to marry a man that doesn't love me."

The audience was silent as the truth dawned on Hyukjae. All those emotions, all that envy, what he actually wanted was to be with Donghae.

Glancing at Hyuna, he bowed in apology before stating the dreaded words.

"Yes. I love Donghae."

"What?" The latter shrieked before his mouth dropped open. Smiling sweetly, Hyuna strode over to Donghae and handed her bouqet to him.

"I picked your favourite flowers and if you checked the ring, it has your name engraved on it."

The speechless male took the bouqet and gazed at the white roses that symboled purity and love.

"You planned this long ago?" Hyukjae choked out and Hyuna nodded.

"That's why i agreed so readily to the joint marriage." She replied before stepping back and taking the rings from Donghae.

"Now please respond to the minister, Donghae."

Teary eyed, Donghae gazed at Hyukjae, their eyes locking together, their souls and secrets bared, once again, to each other.

"I...I do."

Smiling, Hyukjae slipped the ring onto Donghae's finger and the latter to Hyukjae's.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife...uh...partners. You may kiss the...um...you may kiss." Leaning down, Hyukjae captured Donghae's lips, claiming them his forever.

---------------

THE END.