Chapter 4

Cupid On A Mission

 

[Myung-hee's P.O.V.]
 
     I finally made it to my first class! I opened the door and the teacher and all of the students stopped what they were doing and stared at me. 
     "Annyeong! You must be Myung-hee, our new transfer student!" the teacher said. 
     "Annyeonghaseyo. Sorry I'm late. I got lost," I said and the class began to laugh. 
     "Quiet down class!!" the teacher yelled. "I'm going to be your teacher, Mr. Kim. Why don't you introduce yourself to the class?"
     "Ne," I said and then began to introduce myself, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Myung-hee. Please take of me."
     "Annyeonghaseyo," the class replies in unison. 
     "Myung-hee, why don't you take a seat back there next to Lee Ji-eun?" he said a pointed to a kind looking girl. 
 
 
     "Ne," I said and began walking towards the empty desk. On the way, I spotted Baekhyun. He just stared at me and looked away. 
     'So, he's also in this class with me,' I thought. 
     When I reached my desk, the girl named Lee Ji-eun introduced herself. 
     "Annyeong, I'm Lee Ji-eun, but everyone calls me IU."
     "Annyeong, I'm Choi Myung-hee."
     "Want to be friends?" she asked. 
     "Sure, we can be friends. I probably won't meet any other friends anyways."
     "Don't be like that! I'm sure you'll meet lots of people here," she encouraged me with a smile. 
 
 
*At Lunch*
     Man! High school is SO hard! I wish I was back home. At least at Cupid High learning was easier. All we had to do was memorize Cupid rules and help people fall in love. But I'm proud of myself for at least surviving half a day at Seoul High already!
     "Myung-hee! Wait for me!" Ji-eun shouted while chasing after me as I was walking to lunch. 
     I stopped walking and waited for her. 
     "Whew! That was tiring!" she said once she caught up to me. "Hey, you want to eat lunch together in the cafeteria?"
     "Sure! Let's go!" I said. 
     We headed to the cafeteria. Right when we were about to enter we got pushed out of the way by thousands of fan girls.
     'Ugh! Not this again!" I thought angrily. 
     "Omo! It's Exo-K!" Ji-eun screamed. 
     "Who?" I asked half shouting because of all the loud fan girls. 
     "Them," Ji-eun answered and pointed to a group of 6 boys walking out of the cafeteria. In this group of boys was none other than Baekhyun. 
     "Aren't they SO cute?" Ji-eun asked me, "My favorite is that that one over there. His name is Baekhyun."
     "Who are the rest than?" I asked out of curiosity. 
     "So, there's Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Suho, D.O., Kai, and Sehun."
     "Oh! I see," I said while nodding, "Let's go eat now. I'm hungry."
     "Yeah, I agree," she said as her tummy growled. We both started laughing. 
     During lunch, Ji-eun told me a lot about herself and Exo-K. From what she told me, I figured she was a nice girl. She sounded perfect for Baekhyun. Luckily for me, when she was about to ask about my life, the bell rang to signal the end of lunch. 
     "I guess I'll see you after school?" Ji-eun asked. 
     "Okay, I'll see you then!" I replied. 
     I went to my last classes of the day. By the time the bell rang to signal the end of the day, I was extremely tired. After school I found Ji-eun at the front gates. I saw Baekhyun walk pass me and go on a bus. So I quickly said farewell to her and boarded the bus before it was about to drive off. Apparently she walks home after school. 
     On the bus I was lucky enough to find a seat because it was so crowded. My seat was two rows behind Baekhyun making it less obvious that I was following him. 
     'I feel like a stalker,' I thought to myself as I stared at the back of Baekhyun's head. 'I'm surprise he hasn't felt uncomfortable yet from me staring at the back of his head. Don't all people feel uncomfortable when others stare at them,' I wondered. 
     After the second stop the bus made, Baekhyun stood up and exited the bus. I waited a couple of seconds before jumping up and following him. I followed him down a couple of blocks before we reached a small, nice looking house. Luckily, he didn't notice my presence behind him. I hid behind a tree as he walked up to his front door and opened it using his keys. Once he was safely inside the house I took out my phone and called the headmaster Cupid to ask him what to do. 
     *Ring Ring*
     "Yobeseyo!" I heard the headmaster Cupid say on the other end of the line. 
     "Hello? It's me Myung-hee. I have a quick question."
     "What is it?"
     "How am I supposed to tell him that I'm his Cupid?"
     "Oh! That's easy! First make sure you're in your Cupid attire then bring out the Cupid RuleBook and take it from there."
     "Ummm..... You make it seem so easy though."
     "It's not that hard. Just make sure to be really convincing. If it doesn't work out, I give you permission to use the special sleeping powder to make him sleep and I'll come down and personally talk to him myself."
     "O-Okay, I think I've got it. Bye!"
     "Bye!"
     I hanged up the phone and press a button on it to change into a super cute Cupid dress. 
 
 
     Once I was done, I walked up to Baekhyun's front door and rang the doorbell.