Chapter 5

Cupid On A Mission

 

[Myung-hee's P.O.V.]
 
*Ding Dong* the doorbell rang. 
     Baekhyun opened the door. 
     "Woah.... W-W-Who are you?" he asked then left his mouth hanging open. 
     "I'm Myung-hee! Your Cupid in-training at your service!"
     "What?!?!" he said and shut the door in my face. 
     'Ugh.So rude!' I thought as I rang the doorbell again. 
     He opened the door and looked around outside quickly before grabbing my wrist and pulling me into his house. 
     "What do you want with me?" he asked in an annoyed tone once I was inside his house. 
     "I'm here to help you find love Pabo! I'm a cupid in-training. Duh!"
     "Love? No thanks! Get out of my house!" he said while beginning to open the front door of his house. 
     "Wait!! Listen first!" I said. 
     "No, out!!"
     He left me no choice. I took out a pinch of the special sleeping powder and blew it into his face. He immediately passed out and I caught him before he fell down. 
     "Aish! Why did you have to be so heavy?" I said while half dragging him over to the couch before setting him down. 
     I decided not to call the headmaster Cupid. I think I know what to do. 
     "I wish I had a chalkboard," I said out loud. 
     All of a sudden a medium size chalkboard appeared in Baekhyun's living room on one side of the wall. It even came chalk and an a chalkboard eraser.  
     "Omo! That's so cool!" I said in awe and then began writing on the chalkboard an explanation to get him to understand how I'm going to help. 
 
 
[Baekhyun's P.O.V.]
 
*2 hours later*
     I woke up and looked around. 
     'Where was I? Oh, wait never mind this was my home,' I thought. 
     All of a sudden a girl appeared in front of me. 
     "Finally! You're awake!" she said excitedly. 
     'Oh, now I remember what happened,' I thought to myself. 
*Flashback*
     I was walking home  from school and after I was in my house someone rang the doorbell. I opened the door and then some girl said she was my Cupid and that she'll help me find love. I remember trying to get her out of my house. Next thing I know, I passed out and now her she is in front of me. 
*Flashback Ended*
     "Hello? You there?" she asked while waving her hand in front of my face. 
     I looked at her and then at the chalkboard behind her. 
     "What the heck is going on?!?!" I said.
     She flinched at the volume of my voice then said, "Here, take a seat and I'll explain everything."
     She began by explaining what she wrote on the chalkboard. 
 
  
 
 
 
 
     There was stuff about love on there and Cupid rules. She practically blew my mind with all that information. 
     Once she finished she asked, "So, did you understand?"
     I nodded, but I wasn't very sure of myself. "How am I supposed to know you aren't some crazy psychopath girl?" I asked. 
     "I'll show you I'm a Cupid," she said then before my eyes wings came out from her back. "Believe me now?"
     I nodded while staring at her in shock.
     'What have I gotten myself into,' I thought. 
     "Okay, starting tomorrow I'll begin looking for the perfect match for you," she said happily as the chalkboard began to disappear from behind her. 
 
 
[Myung-hee's P.O.V.]
 
     After I was done explaining things to Baekhyun, I had to show him my wings and all just to get him to believe me. But now he understands and I'm happy too or else I would've had to call down the headmaster Cupid. 
     "Where are you going to be staying tonight? he asked me as it began to grow dark outside. 
     "Here," I said. 
     "Here?!?" he asked. 
     "Yeah, so I can easily help you. Plus, it's not that long because Valentine's Day is coming soon anyways. That's when the deadline is."
     "Okay, I'll let you stay in my house until that time," he said. "You can sleep in the spare guest bedroom for now."
     "Do you live with anyone else?" I asked while walking around his living room and looking at the pictures hanged up on the wall of a woman and a man.
     "They're my parents, but I pretty much live alone because they are always on business trips," he said sadly. 
     "Yah! Don't be sad. I'll keep you company during the time I'm here, okay?" I encouraged him. 
     "Thanks," he said. 
     My tummy decided to growl at that moment. I guess I was hungry after working so hard to explain to Baekhyun that I was his Cupid. 
     "You hungry?" he asked. 
     I nodded shyly. 
     "I only have ramen at home so that's what we're going to eat," he said and then began walking to his kitchen and cooking. 
     
 
[Baekhyun's P.O.V.]
 
     I have no idea what's going on anymore. I even agreed to let her sleep in my house, but it doesn't really matter given the fact that my parents don't even come home often. Now I'm even cooking ramen for the both of us to eat cause she's hungry. 
     "I'm done!" I shouted from the kitchen while setting down two bowls of ramen on the dining table. 
 
 
     She immediately appeared in the kitchen with a happy, but childlike expression on her face causing me to chuckle and her to ask me what's so funny. 
     "Nothing," I said and motioned her to sit down and begin eating. 
     "Oh," she said then sat down. Before she started eating she said, "Gomawo, Baekhyun!"
     "Your welcome," I said back. 
     After we finished our meal, I gave her one of my T-shirts and some pants and a towel and told her to go wash up before going to bed. While she was in one of the bathrooms, I began to clean up and wash the dishes. Then I went into my other bathroom and took a quick shower before changing into some clean pajamas. 
     When I came out, I saw her waiting for me in the living room in my clothes. 
     'She looks kinda cute in my clothes,' I thought, 'What am I thinking? I can't fall for her she's my Cupid and everyone knows Cupids can't fall in love. Plus she told me that herself while she was explaining things to me.'
     I shook my head to rid it of my crazy thoughts and then looked back at her. 
     "What was your name again?" I asked feeling really stupid.  
     She face-palmed herself before saying, "Myung-hee. I can't believe you forgot."
     "I'm sorry," I said. "Wait? Myung-hee? Wasn't that the name of the new girl in my class today?"
     "Wow. You sure do process things slowly. Yes, I was the new girl today and the same girl you bumped into in the hall this morning."
     'Wait, she was the one I bumped into this morning?' I thought, 'I feel really bad now.'
     "No need to feel bad for me," she continued, "Just show me where I'm going to sleep tonight."
     She stood up from the couch and walked over to me waiting for me to show her where her room was. 
     "Right this way," I said and began walking up the stairs and down the hall into the guess room. "My room is across from yours so if you need anything I'll be right there," I told her. 
     "Okay, got it! Goodnight!" she said then closed he bedroom door. 
     "Goodnight," I said then went to go sleep in my room.