a wake up call was needed

VANILLA SKY'S ONE-SHOT COLLECTION [CLOSED]

reqeusted and plotted by Irma

Sunggyu's neighbor, Jinri, is being a junior in his high school. Just walking to their nearby schools together isn't enough for him--especially since they keep running into Chunji: a handsome, outgoing boy in Jinri's grade who also seems to harbor feelings for Sunggyu's next-door neighbor.

Kim Sunggyu from Infinite
Yoon Jinri (oc)
Lee Chunji from Teen Top

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“come on sunggyu oppa we going to be late if you walk that slow.” Jinri whined walking a head of her neighbor friend. “yeah, yeah jinri. Don’t worry we going to be in time.” sunghyu said walking up to the girl.

She pouted but waited until sunggyu was next to and walked on together. Jinri was talking about the latest news she heard and all the other ‘importuned’ news. “J~inri~.” A boy that gave the bad shivers to sunggyu, called the girl.

“ha good morning Chunji oppa.” Jinri greeted bowing to the boy when he was next to them. “good morning too you and hello Sunggyu hyung.” Chunji said with his handsome smile. Sunggyu didn’t say anything back.

Now walking together they made their way to junior high school. Once arriving at the school two girl ran up to them. “Good morning jinri, sunggyu oppa, chunji oppa.” Luna said. “good morning luna suzy.” The three said in unison.

The three girls started to talk whill chunji and sunggyu was left behind. “I know you hate me but it doesn’t stop me from getting her. I’m not the type to let the girl he loves walks by when she is single.”

Chunji said grinning and walked away after jinri. Sunggyu couldn’t do anything else but glare. He hated the boy because that guy loved the girl he loves. He was in a love war.

Hours of loneliness until lunched arrived, he waited for jinri at the meeting point. “sunggyu oppa.” He heard a familiar voice called and he turned around with a smile.

But as soon as he turned around his smile turned fake. He was with her. “oppa we going to join you guys.” Suzy said. “ok where is luna?” he asked turning to the youngest among them.

“she has council work to do.” Chunji answered draping his arm around jinri’s  shoulder. Sunggyu could only glare at him and do nothing. Even do other say lunch ended fast, for sunggyu it felt it went on forever.

Chunji kept his arm on jinri and the girl didn’t do anything to remove it. after lunch and after school the three student said good bye to the two girls and walked their way home.

The stopped at the point where they would split. “I have to go this way.” Chunji said pointing at his road. “bye oppa~ see you tomorrow neh?” jinri said getting the nod from the boy before they walked on.

The two kept walking until they got home and needed to part. saying their good byes the went both in their own house. Soon night came and sunggyu was waiting at with his phone. As on command he went over.

“oppa?” somebody whispered. “yeah yeah jinri of course I will sing for you.” Sunggyu answered already knowing that it is jinri. “I’m also alone at home. My parents are on business trip.”

She whispered. “wait a second.” And jinri heard soon a knock on her window. Opening the curtains a sunggyu was knocking on it. with a smile she opened the window and let the boy in. the boy used i\his head pointing to the bed.

Jinri nodded before laying back on her back looking at the guy who came sitting next to her. Closing both their eyes sunggyu voice was the only one that was heard in the room.

 

 

“jinri! Go out with me!” somebody said causing the girl to wide her eyes. “oppa? Do you mean that chunji oppa?” chunji nodded smiling his famous smile. “so?” jinri bit her under lip.

“what about a date first and then we will see?” he offered and the girl nodded. They hear somebody gasp but when they wanted to look who it was the person was away. jinri looked confused and chunji just raised his shoulder.

At the end of school jinri was waiting for sunggyu but he never came. “he went home already.” Luna said. “really? Why would he already leave without me?” she asked just receiving an up-shoulder from the girl.

At night she tried calling. “oppa why did you leave already?” she asked when he picked up. “I had to leave early……… sorry jinri I won’t sing for you today.” And with that the line went that leaving the girl speechless.

In the morning she had to walk alone because sunggyu had already left. Pouting she met chunji. “why the long face?” he asked when they were walking to school. “sunggyu is being weird.” She said pouting more.

“forget him. What does Saturday sound like?” jinri looked confused but then remembered they would go on a date and she nodded. At school sunggyu and suzy would avoid them or ignore.

Weeks would go on and jinri hasn’t been sleeping well. Sunggyu kept saying he wouldn’t sing for her while it was her only source to fall asleep. Saterday came and chunji was at the door.

“are you ready?” he asked holding and arm for her to hold. She nodded closing the door and took the arm. Both left not knowing that somebody was watching from his window.

Sunggyu watch as those two left. the tears escaping his eyes. he kept whole day in house not able to show himself. The doorbell went and he forced himself to open it. luna there.

“what do you want?” he asked annoyed. “you confessing to jinri.” She said and stopped the boy from talking. “you love her all those year, longer than chunji. Your weak to back away now.”

She said glaring a bit. “they are a cou-“ “its like a try out date. Jinri was wavering so he offered first an date and then to see.” she said turning around. “if I’m right they should be somewhere near the cliff. Whaiting.” And with that the school president left.

Sunggyu didn’t thought twice what the president said and ran to the place luna said. And as always she was right their they were with suzy? Closing up he could see that suzy wanted to say something but was scared.

He used the moment to grab jinri and ran away with her. “hey! That not fair! She is wi-“ “I love you chunji oppa!” suzy yelled blushing right after when chunji looked her wide eyed. “what did you say?”

“I love you. I know you love jinri but she loves sunggyu its obious. At least give me a chance to win your heart. I’m sure I can do that.” she said confident while inside she was scared as hell.

Chunji was quite he looked at the spot where jinri and sunggyu went and back to suzy. “fine I take your challenge.” He walked over to her and kissed her forehead. “when you get my heart I will give you a proper kiss.” He said with his famous smile making suzy nodded with a confident smile.

 

 

“sunggyu oppa where are you going?” she asked trying her best avoiding the people while she is dragged by the boy. When they arrived at the top of the cliff he stopped. “don’t go out with him.”

He said getting only a confused ‘eh’ from her. “don’t go out with him. Be ……… mine. “ hse said turning around looking at her. “jinri I love you.” He said and jinri started to cry.

Sunggyu panicked and wanted to whipe the tears away when he got kissed by jinri. "oppa will you sing for me again?" she asked earning a chuckle from sunggyu and a nod “I love you too oppa.” She said an they both smiled before their lips connected again.