I Won't Say I'm In Love; --ethereal

VANILLA SKY'S ONE-SHOT COLLECTION [CLOSED]

| I Won’t Say I’m In Love | All ages | Drama/Bittersweet | Choi Minho/OC (Han Reina) |Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, only the storyline. |

I Won’t Say I’m In Love

“Han Reina!”

I could recognize that voice from a million miles away. Choi Minho, the guy who had made me annoyed all the time because of his over-competitiveness. He always won me in everything. Studies, sports, chess… Everything. He was good in everything. That was the thing that made me really mad.

“Han Reina, wait up!”

But he had failed in one thing, always have, that foolish pabo – making me love him. Everyone knew him, Choi Minho, the popular one, the smart one, the sporty one, the godly one. Whatever the nickname he went by, he’d send girls drooling over his looks and falling (hopelessly) heads over heels in love with him. But he only likes me. Never had he liked those crazy girls who went after him, even the popular ones – Goo Hara, Krystal Jung and even Victoria Song. They’ve given up on him, Hara’s with Yong Junhyung, Krystal’s still single, and Vic’s with Nickhun – yeah, the Thai Prince. You’d think I’d be happy, but I’m not.

I did not wish to be with the man I didn’t love.

I did not wish to be with the man who annoyed me day and night.

And that person was none other than Choi Minho. I detested him. I believed he liked me only because of my looks. Girls were jealous of me, because I got the attention of their boyfriends; guys followed me, because of my looks. But I never appreciated the attention. None of them were worth it.

-----------

“Han Reina!”

I yelled at the girl who never had replied me once in my lifetime. I loved her, but the feelings were never reciprocated. Isn’t it so sad when someone doesn’t love you the way you love him or her? Especially so when I was the one who hated to lose. I couldn’t lose. I never did, but I lost Reina – she never liked me back.

“Han Reina, wait up!”

She was beautiful. Absolutely perfect, that girl was. She was different from any other girl. She didn’t recklessly fall in love with me, and that was why I loved her. She played hard to get. Oh wait, I doubt she was even playing. You see; it was a game with her. She never liked me, but I had to make her. Other girl’s have tried to get me. Girls like Hara, Krystal… Girls like Victoria, and so many others. They never did, because the only person that captured my heart was Reina. Reina… how do I start explaining her beauty?

Reina had black wavy hair that extended to around half her back. It flowed in waves, adorning her glowing, porcelain-like skin. Her eyes, framed by long, dark lashes, were a beautiful shade of brown. A straight nose, full lips – it was as if her face was… perfection. Had she smiled, the world would sigh with contentment. Had she laughed, the world would laugh with her. Had she cried, the whole world would want to comfort her. It was that beauty that attracted me to her.

But of course, it wasn’t only the looks that got me. It was her personality – true, it sounds so over-used and cliché, but Reina was different. She was funky in her own way, like a cute little rebel. She wasn’t the rocker or emo rebel like you’d think, as I described before she was girly. But she never tried tricks on me and she was never flirtatious. She was popular, but she had lots of guy friends.

I never seemed to be able to get her though.

-----------

“Reina, please, please just listen to me!” Minho exclaimed in despair.

Finally hearing his pleading voice for the first time, the petite girl stopped in her tracks, holding her books closer to her, as if it could protect her. She cracked a thin smile.

“Reina, listen, I really love you, and I know you hate me but could you please just save me from this hellhole of playing hard to get with me? I’m really sick and tired of trying to get you from where you are and pull you back to me! I know I’m really competitive in everything and I have to win you no matter what but this can’t be won without you. I need you Han Reina! I – I… love you…” Minho trailed off, realizing what he said was complete nonsense.

“Look, I’m sorry okay? For everything – for being so mean to you at the start, for being so competitive in everything I do, for being so… such a jerk face. Please forgive me because I truly do – “

Reina turned, looking at him sharply with piercing eyes. “I don’t love you back, idiot.” It hurt her to say so, but she wouldn’t, and couldn’t say that she was in love with him, because her mind told her so.

-----------

“Han Reina…” Her best friend, Kwon Yuri started softly, touching her on the shoulder, “He really is head over heels in love with you – don’t you see the way he looks at you in class? If only you’d give him one glance, the boy would be delirious, I tell you. He’s desperate. And trust me, in all my years I’ve known Choi Minho, he’s never stepped down to such a state before.”

Reina didn’t reply. She absolutely refused to admit to any feelings she had for him. She told herself that it was impossible. She was… she had no more space in her heart for a man to love. Especially a man like Choi Minho – who loved to just yell in her face when she lost to him – that kind was the kind she loathed the most. She was glad she’d rejected him, or she’d have to look at him in his face the whole day.

Seeing Reina not answering her, she decided to step out and be the third character in their relationship. “Han Reina,” she whispered under her breath, “You’re going to be sorry you ever denied any relationship with him.”

-----------

It was raining that day, and barely anybody was on the street. Her plan was going to be executed. She texted Minho to meet her by the back gate after school, and beforehand already told Reina that her father wanted to meet her. When Reina asked how Yuri knew, she said that she’d met her father in the morning.

“Kwon Yuri.” The voice of her ex-lover brought butterflies to her stomach, but she kept it down, remembering the mission was to get them together, not her and Minho.

“Choi Minho…” Yuri said, almost like a question. She saw Reina from the corner of her eyes and smirked. It was time. This would require her to be extra careful, and it had to go perfectly in order for it to work out right, if not it would be a fluke and she’d lose two of her closest friends.

“Choi Minho. I love you.” She stepped forward to kiss him. Just before she touched his lips though, she saw Reina run away. “Okay, stay right here and don’t move.” Quickly, she ran in the rain towards Reina, leaving Minho confused. But he knew better than to ignore what Yuri said. In whatever situation, Yuri would be the one who new better.

HAN REINA!” Yuri yelled, “STOP RIGH THERE!

Reina stopped. Tears were streaming down her face and her heart was pounding. What she had just seen was too painful for her, but she knew she wasn’t in love with Minho… so why had she felt that way?

“Han Reina, you felt pain didn’t you? You love him, Han Reina, truly do love him, now go take him before he faints of all the confusion. You know I don’t love the boy anymore. That Choi Minho… You are truly in love with him. Quick, go! Both of you are going to get sick like this!”

Reina listened and kept quiet for a moment. She did love him.

She her heel and ran in the opposite direction and pass Yuri. At that point, she gave a quick grateful glance to Yuri. Yuri nodded and stepped into the shadows, away from the rain to handle her own matters; her role as Cupid had just ended.

“Han Reina… What was that about?” Choi Minho asked.

Before he could say another word, she stood on her tiptoes and captured his lips with her own. Minho didn’t respond for the first few seconds into the kiss, but then he did and lifted her up into a bridal style position, so that it would be easier for her. “I… love… you…” Reina spoke softly as she kissed him passionately.

Minho broke away, smiling at Reina. “I’m sorry… and I love you too.” 


Requested by: angelovevil

Note: I hope you liked it - and sorry it took so long xP