Chapter 8

I Don't Need A Man

“Stop staring at me…, please?” I put my half eaten chocolate sandwich back to my plate. I glared back to all three of my brothers who were eating at their breakfast while watching me. They have been staring at me all week. Every single thing I do, I’d always ended up being stared at, like they are trying to figure out what next step would I do wrong.

“You’re grounded…,” my Keun Oppa said for the… millionth time.

I rolled my eyes. “Thank you for reminding me that. You’ve just made my day soooo bright!” I humphed and bit my sandwich and accidentally bit my tongue. “Ouch!”

“What? What is it?” My magnae Oppa asked across the table, where he tried to sit comfortably with one leg on cast.

“I just bit my tongue. “I’m okay,” I continue to munched even though it hurt a little.

My Jakeun Oppa sighed and leaned his back to the chair’s head next to me. He stared at me at the eyes before stating. “I’m not allowing you to date until you’re twenty five. No… thirty. Fourty. No, thirty years old, then a gentleman who is not Kim Soo Hyun allowed to come over.”

Agreed. No objection from me.

“Hyung… that’s too much. You’ve been dating since elementary school and no one complaint. Thirty is just too much,” Il Woo Oppa objected.

No Oppa, just let him do what he wants. I’m perfectly happy with the ban.

“Ya! Why are you picking that dude’s side? It’s your sister that we need to protect here.” He put his arm around my shoulder. I’ll just shut my mouth and let them do this by themselves. Saying anything wouldn’t change a thing. Keep eating your sandwich, Seo Hyo Na, let them deal this.

“Hyung, you too said it’s better that she’ll be with Soo Hyun rather than Daniel Hyung,” he said tiredly, he just got out of hospital two days ago and still need a lot of good rest. I don’t understand why he wanted to come down here and eat here with us while Imo had brought him his breakfast up.

“That’s before he actually dating her. Now the idea makes me want to step on his head, burn it and serve it as my dinner,” He snorted.

Beast.

“Soo Hyun is a good guy, hyung,” except when he was a delinquent during his high school days, I rolled my eyes. “Although I don’t really agree that Hyo Na dating anyone, let’s at least give them a chance. She’ll never feel what youth is if we keep caging her like a bird.”

Now that…, everyone, that makes some sense to my head. Finally, one of my brothers comes to the right mind, though I didn’t really mind Joong Ki Oppa’s idea. I just raised my eyebrow and grin.

Keun Oppa suddenly stood up and took his suit. “That’s it. That’s the end of today’s meeting,” he said and then he turned to me. “Let’s go, or you’ll be late.”

Oh, shoot. I forgot I have school! I hastily drunk my milk, Joong Ki Oppa sighed and gave a peck to my forehead before he got up and went back to his room whistling. I went to Il Woo Oppa and gave him a hug before I run to the front door to catch Dong Won Oppa.

We were waiting for the traffic light to change when Keun Oppa started to speak. “So, how are you?”

I smiled, “I’m good. How’s Oppa?”

“I’m… not that great.” He turned his head to me and raised his eyebrows. “Do you really think you are ready to date?”

“Oh God, not this again,” I turned my head away and humph-ed.

“What? I want you to be sure and not hurt. Love is not an easy thing you can throw away after you use it.” He sounded serious.

I faced him and he did look serious. “I’m sure, Oppa. I’ll be okay.” Because I will not get hurt. I don’t even fall in love. I will never ever fall in love.

***

“Is this mean my grounding is over?” I flip the amusement park tickets Keun Oppa just gave me. Assa, I can take Si Wan, Taek Yeon and Taek Yeon’s girlfriend to amusement park with these four tickets.

Keun Oppa sighed. “Yes… because your sullen face doesn’t make the house feel good.”

“Oppa! I like Oppa the best!” I went to hug him and clung on him.

“Aish, stop being cuddly… Remember that you are no longer kids! Hyung, find a girlfriend already!” My Magnae Oppa started to feel irritated. He always does.

Anyway, his cast already off since his leg was not that badly injured. Most of his bandage also off, it has been a month since the accident. He’s getting better… too much better actually. Maybe because he was studying in medical school or he has a future doctor attending him every day (It irritated me to know they still have not officially dating yet). But his healing progress is really good. He’s no longer wincing when walking or eating, and his nag… worse than ever. Still, I’m glad he recovered so fast.

I stuck my tongue to him and looked at the tickets. “Hmm, it will be nice if all four of us could go.” I sighed. “But Keun Oppa is much too busy to have spare time, Jakeun Oppa is much too busy to even come home and Magnae Oppa is much too busy dating with Geun Young Onni.”

“Ya! We are not dating!” he huffed, but his face turned reddish. Just who are you lying to, actually?

“I guess I’ll take Siwannie and Taekkie then,” I leaned on the sofa, next to Keun Oppa, where we were watching TV.

“Hm?” Keun Oppa made a face. I looked to Magnae Oppa, he also made the same face. Confused.

“What?” I asked.

“Shouldn’t you take Soo Hyun? He’s your boyfriend right?” Keun Oppa asked me.

Oh, shoot. “He’s… um… didn’t you say you disagree?” I tried to cover up.

He sighed. “I did. But, if that makes you happy I couldn’t do anything.”

What? When did you change your mind? Is this mean I have to go on a date with Soo Hyun Oppa? Why? It’s true that he had come to the house a few times and talked a lot with my Oppas, but how could he change their minds? Does he spoke-charmed them? That’s kind of scary.

If I have to go out on a date with Soo Hyun Oppa, what are we going to do? We’ll end up talking about Geun Young Onni again and again. It kind of bores me how he could not stop talking about her. If only I could take Geun Young Onni along with me, so he would just too busy staring at her and I can play by myself. I could call the guys and play with them. It has been centuries since we last went to amusement park, since Taek says we’re no longer kids. I’m still a kid. Si Wan is a teenager. Taek Yeon was just got mature too fast. Pity.

But If I get to take Geun Young Onni with me, what would she do. It will be much burden for her only be with Soo Hyun Oppa, it will be really awkward if all of sudden he confessed… again. And rejected… again. If I could bring someone…

“Hyo Na? Hyo Na-ya…,” I snapped out my thought and face Keun Oppa’s worry face. “Are you okay? You were spacing out. Do you have fever?” He felt my forehead with his palm.

“I’m fine.” I smiled broadly. “I’ll take Soo Hyun Oppa with me to the amusement park,” and I turned to magnae Oppa who was focused on watching TV. “Magnae Oppa, do you want to come too? We can go on a double date.”