o66. Labyrinth.

Infinite 100 Fics Challenge

 

 

Sungyeol likes puzzles. Always had since he was given his first jigsaw as a toddler. Sure he still loved to run around, get dirty, scream, and play jokes but puzzles always calmed him down. His parents knew he was a hidden genius when it came down to puzzles. He liked crosswords, word searches, sodoku, and jigsaws. But he loved mazes. They were his definite favorites. The thrill of finding a beginning to an end delighted him. And there wasn’t a maze he couldn’t solve within minutes when he was all-seeing. That was until he met Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was one of his first friends in high school. He was very quiet and wore a blank face, lower lip jutting out.  Sure, Myungsoo was a bit shorter than Sungyeol, but that didn’t stop them from becoming friends. They both shared their fondness over puzzles. Myungsoo loved making them and hadn’t met anyone willing to solve them until Sungyeol pointed out his fascination in class as Myungsoo drew yet another maze on his notes. It was all fun and games (literally) until Sungyeol’s life became a labyrinth. One where he didn’t have the vantage point and where it ended with something important waiting.

Sungyeol entered unwillingly and unknowingly when Myungsoo drags him into an ice cream parlor one day after school. Myungsoo asked for two coffee flavored cones while Sungyeol waited at one of the small tables with a window view. When Myungsoo returns, he asks Sungyeol to guess his flavor.

‘Vanilla,’ said Sungyeol confidently. Myungsoo liked simple and minimalist things ranging from his clothing to his block straight writing. Myungsoo shook his head smiling with amusement as Sungyeol furrowed his brows.

‘Coffee,’ he the cold dessert with small swipes. ‘But you hate coffee,’ Sungyeol pressed.

“But I like you.” Myungsoo shrugged. Sungyeol came across a dead end for the first time in his life. He exited that situation with an evident blush across his cheeks.

He continued his path around his labyrinth after that dead end until he came across a split in the way and his usual sharp instincts go soft as butter. Sungyeol made other friends of course who accepted Myungsoo as well. Some of these friends are good to him and lead a good life. Others, not so much. These friends became forks in his way always between Myungsoo and all other friends or his not-so-smart-people friends. Many times he went with Myungsoo because it felt right. It was pleasant and fun but sometimes he got lured into the other path and terrifying dead ends that made him run back toward Myungsoo’s route with regret fresh in his bones and panic evident in his face. Myungsoo’s route always had the sun above peeking through wisps of clouds and Sungyeol felt safe. But every now and then he strayed into the dark paths, curiously and cautiously. After the harms of those paths pose became evident to Sungyeol, he swore to stick to Myungsoo’s path though now and then Myungsoo made him lose his senses and lead Sungyeol to small, harmless yet blush-producing dead ends like before.

It was the last year of high school when Sungyeol’s labyrinth began to make sense and reduced the obstacles except for those Myungsoo-induced ones. Sungyeol knew his lonely journey in his labyrinth-like life would come to an end soon. Myungsoo was completely comfortable with Sungyeol as Sungyeol was with Myungsoo except for his secret crush.

That was until a hint was dropped in this way that started with a small touch. Sungyeol ran toward the next hint hard as his lips met with Myungsoo’s. Heart pounding in his ears when Myungsoo pressed him gently against the wall. Sungyeol saw the ending pathway as Myungsoo smiled, looking into his eyes. The end of his lone puzzle was the moment he saw Myungsoo waiting at the end, hand out stretched to him.

Then it hit Sungyeol as soon as he heard those words fall from Myungsoo’s perfect lips. ‘I love you.’ All this time, Myungsoo was waiting for him. All those times he chose wrong was because it did not have Myungsoo involved. The comfort and safety Myungsoo’s path provided were because Myungsoo drew those routes with Sungyeol’s safety in mind. Those small mistakes were moments Sungyeol lost his concentration to Myungsoo. All this time, Myungsoo created a labyrinth leading Sungyeol to him.

‘Me too.’

 As soon as he was hand in hand with Myungsoo he realized it wasn’t over. Another labyrinth sprawled ahead. That was only a small part of his life. Now came the real world. But this time, he wouldn’t be alone. Not with Myungsoo beside him.

 

 

a/n: myungyeol was asked for and myungyeol was given. no editing. wait yes there was. a bit. the original is paper so i edit as i type okey :P lots of mistakes but since when am i perfect?sorry. omg sunggyu. done najkdjfasdklda. thanks for reading and comments if you wants. <3

cr. to owner of org. pic. 

nell helped too so cr. to nell for inspiration omg.