He's My Ride Home

Infinite 100 Fics Challenge

a/n: i had suddent inspiration(during class i think thats when i get my best inspiration) anyway i was listeing to blue october's "She's My Ride Home" and its not necessarily based on the song but the title wsa like BAM "INSPIRATION" lol. i hope you guys arent upset anyway i'll write more after the story;;;;Enjoy?"""

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                The sun has just begun to set. Woohyun turns to look at Sunggyu who is beside him still watching the sun hide behind the buildings. The light of the day is fading but Woohyun can see Sunggyu’s side profile perfectly and in his heart he knows he’s never seen anything so beautiful.  Just as the last rays of the sun are seen, Sunggyu turns to Woohyun who is still watching him and they lock eyes. Sunggyu’s eyes say it all.

It’s time.

                They scamper down from Sunggyu’s house roof stealthy. Their feet touch the patchy grass of side lawn, it is dark now. One last exchange of meaning looks and Woohyun turns toward the street and makes his way to his house. Sunggyu doesn’t move until he sees Woohyun turn the corner and swiftly he retreats into his home. The house is dark and fairly quiet except for the television in the living room that sounds like a distance buzz and the ticking of the clock reminding Sunggyu to get moving. Sunggyu walks past the living room and into the hall passing his parents who are unaffected by his presence. His father sits in a thick arm chair with a beer can in one hand and the remote in the other while his mother sits in a stiff chair, back straight and hands moving sharply as she knits. Nothing new. Inside his room, Sunggyu makes sure to lock his door as quietly as possible then grabs his grey duffel bag tossing it open on his bed.

                Drawers are opened and shut closed nimbly and becoming empty just as fast. Sunggyu never was allowed to have many clothes either way. He is rolling his clothes tightly to fit into the bag and leaves a small gap in the center. He drops to his knees beside his bed and looks under, his arm reaching blindly before it touches a small box and pulls it out. After placing the box on bed, he throws a glance at the door just to ensure it is locked. It is, it always is. But it’s a habit he has developed through the years of being here. He focuses on the box again, gingerly lifting the lid checking inside to make sure nothing is gone. His objects of value are there; pictures of Woohyun and him, embracing, laughing, smiling, kissing are stacked beside a rolled up stash of money and his important documents he stole from his mother just last week. A soft smile graces his face while he sets it in the gap of clothes and covers it to secure it well then he zips the bag closed.

                Turning behind him, he slowly and firmly begins to push the window screen up trying to avoid any noise from giving him away. When the window is opened enough to push the bag out, he pops his head out looking for witnesses but there are none. Hiding the bag under the bush beside his window is not as hard as he expected when he lying in bed running the scene through his mind at night and he is soon closing the window shut. He turns to face his room again, looking around at the minimal furniture. The small room he considers jail cell looks the same even without his possessions and it doesn’t surprise him. Sunggyu inhales deeply, holding the air in and releases it slowly and shaky. He moves toward his door and presses his ear against it. He can hear his parents talk; his father’s voice, low and slurred and his mother’s high, nasal voice gossiping about the new neighbor. Sunggyu has met her, she was kind and spoke with a soft tone as he offer him cookies that she had just baked to give to all the neighbors. Sunggyu smiled kindly as he took one, the meekly advised her not to visit his home. Her solemn eyes told him that she understood. But of course, his parents did not know of her kindness and he did not want them to affect it. That , he hears them say when they see her set out to get her mail. “It doesn’t matter that her husband beat her,” says his mother, “she must not have satisfying her husband’s needs. She obviously did something wrong to get divorced.” Beside her, Sunggyu’s father grunts in agreement.

                He shudders at the sound of their voices. He catches his right hand that unconsciously stokes the deep scar on the inside of his arm burned by his parents as a reminder of his sins and sinful uality. Shaking the thoughts from his head, he gives his room one last look over just as he turns the knob to exit into the hall. He enters the living room and stands behind them silently waiting for acknowledgement since he is not allowed to speak to them unless he is spoken to. A minute of standing there, his mother clicks her tongue, setting her knits down.

“What is it?” she doesn’t look at him, and Sunggyu is happy she doesn’t.

“The dog’s poops needs to be picked up and the trash needs to be in the city trash dumpster for pick up tomorrow. Am I allowed to toss it?” he asks in quiet voice.

“Fine, I suppose. Be sure not to make a mess and don’t stay out long. As long as you’re in our home where we feed, shelter, and saving you, you are to follow our rules. I don’t care how old you are, remember you owe us your life.” She loves to remind him this, and he can see her thin lips pull into a tight smile while Sunggyu’s father remains unmoving. The needles move in her hands again.

“Yes mother.” Sunggyu turns away smiling, this is the last time he’ll have to hear her say that. Woohyun has taught him he doesn’t owe them anything and he feels a weight lifted from his chest as he no longer feels those words burn in his thoughts. He’s outside now and he has to move fast. The said dog had been picked up long before so he has spare time to go. He snatches his bag from the bush and grabs the larger trash bags to blend his bag. Walking to the front of his house, he is glad the front window faces away from the city alley way. Adrenaline pumps through his body as he watches the surrounding houses become smaller and the alley become closer. In the alley, he tosses the trash in and looks around anxiously playing with the strap on his shoulder.

                Relief washes over him when he sees Woohyun enter the alley. They hug but the embrace is not long as Woohyun tugs Sunggyu’s hand toward the other side of the alley. Woohyun knows they’re not safe yet but Sunggyu already feels free.  Once they reach the other side of the street, they burst into a sprint toward the high school grounds three blocks away. The school is surrounded in black and looks much more morbid in the night and that doesn’t really help Woohyun’s nerves. Sunggyu is also starting to feel paranoid; he knows it’s about time for parents to feel the nagging need to find him and he doesn’t want to go back. Woohyun hugs Sunggyu trying to soothe him but then there are bright headlights beaming their direction and horror begins to set it. However, they are unable to act on this horror as Dongwoo starts to usher them to get in the back of his truck. They dive in and Dongwoo speeds away into the main city. It’s silent at first but Sunggyu can see everyone in their little group there. His heart tightens as he turns beside him where the youngest of them sits, his beautiful face covered in bruises and dry blood. He reaches for Sungjong who leans in quickly and hugs him as he cries into his chest. Woohyun decides to checks on the others hoping their conditions is not as bad. Sungyeol, who is sitting up front, gives him a thumbs up and Myungsoo reassures his well being with a silent nod. Hoya raises his eyebrows at him questioning Woohyun’s glance when he should know that he would be the safest along with Dongwoo and Woohyun sinks back into his seat shifting closer to Sunggyu. Sungjong is drying his tears when he calls out the others to look ahead. Sunggyu and Woohyun shuffle forward in their seats to see the “Now exciting the City” sign pass them. Cheers fill the car as their eyes shine with happiness and relief. Dongwoo is laughing contagiously as he cheers with one arm up and the other on the wheel, Hoya has is arm around Dongwoo’s neck cheering as well and patting the rest of groups arm, Sungyeol and Myungsoo share their happiness privately in a tight hold not letting go of each other and Sungjong cheers with the duo up front, turning to smile at Sunggyu and Woohyun with a sincere smile even as tears run down his cheeks once again. Sunggyu looks at his friends and he can feel his heart swell. Only when he turns to Woohyun does his heart burst because there he sits, looking back at him with the love that burns stronger than the sun. They hold their gazes with knowing eyes. They’re together, safe and free. They’re free.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

p.a/n: so as i was saying uhh i havent been writing a lot lately which upsets even me because i supposed to be updating an other story instead but hey i do wat i can :P anyway i hope you guys liked this update, it was kind of angsty and i tried not to be so specific and stuff so i wouldnt have to stretch it into a chpterd story.if there are any mistakes let me know(i hate editing orz) so yeah thank you for reading ^^;;

cr. to image owner