12: Caterpillar

Up Until Moving Day

WARNING: I updated twice in 2 days. I know you guys aren't used to that (LOLOL) so if you haven't read the previous chapter, read it nooow~

"I did it! I did it!" Lu Han chanted as the guardians made their way off of the roller coaster. Tao gave him an encouraging pat on the back while Sehun had a small smile on his face.

"But you're shaking like a puppy and you threw up right as we got off," Sehun pointed out. Lu Han narrowed his eyes at the younger.

"Quiet, you. At least I tried it," he stuck his tongue out, but grimaced as he felt an awfully sour taste on it. He quickly excused himself to the restroom to go rinse his mouth, but he made sure that the guardians would not get into any trouble by making them wait by the bathroom where Lu Han could still monitor everything.

Sehun brought his hand up to his face and examined it. For a scrawny guy like him, he sure had a strong grip... He smirked when he remembered Lu Han's frightened face, but he had to admit- it was kind of cute.

No, not cute in THAT way.

But cute like... puppy cute. Baby cute.

He began to make small conversations with his hyungs, but stopped when he noticed a familiar pair of eyes watching them. Sehun snapped his head towards the face and glared.

"Sehun-ah? What's wrong? Who is that girl?" Suho asked the maknae, following his eyes right to none other than Im Yoona. Yoona also sent a look of warning towards the leader.

"This girl, really..." he shook his head in disbelief. Mess with him, fine. But mess with his hyungs, no. He was debating whether or not he should flip her off, but before he could decide anything, Yoona came rushing over to them.

"Hello, my name is-" Suho tried introducing himself, but Yoona put a hand up to his face.

"Stop," she told him. He automatically shut up.

Sehun crossed his arms. "What is your problem?"

Yoona gawked at him. "My problem is you, Oh Sehun," she turned to the leader. "But it's more of you, Kim Joonmyun," she snapped.

"What is your problem?" Sehun folded his arms.

She gawked at him. "What is my problem? At least I'm not the one who abandoned my duty for a day of play." Without another word, she dashed off and disappeared in the crowd.

Suho furrowed his brows. "Who is that...? She knows my name."

The maknae looked down at his feet. "I'm not so sure myself. But hyung... I think she knows our true identity."

"Hey guys!" Lu Han popped out from the bathroom. "Did I miss anything? No trouble, right?"

Suho cleared his throat. "Well, there was this one weird-"

"Dog!" Sehun finished for him. Suho shot him a look, but remained silent. "There was a weird... dog. It only had three legs," he lied. Lu Han pouted.

"Poor thing. We should get going, though." With that, he shot forward towards Chanyeol and D.O, racing them to the next ride.

"Sehun, what was that?" Suho turned towards the younger, head tilted. "There was no dog with three legs. I was about to tell Lu Han-"

"About the girl, I know, hyung," the maknae interrupted him. "But I didn't want to tell him," he confessed.

Suho cocked a brow. "Why not? Maybe we can figure out who she really is and-"

"Yoona is important to him, hyung," he cut him off for the nth time and sighed. "She's his best friend, possibly his only friend. I don't want to get between them."

The leader looked up at the sky, deep in thought. Finally, he spoke. "Okay. I'll go with it. But if it somehow gets out of hand, we need to tell everyone else."

Sehun grinned. "Thanks, Suho hyung."

He ruffled the younger's hair, chuckling. "No problem, maknae." As Sehun started to walk off, Suho stopped him. "But Sehun..." he let a playful smirk take over the smile on his face. "It seems as if you've been caring a lot more for our new guardian, hm?"

A subtle blush came across Sehun's cheeks. "N-No, I haven't! I just don't want to drag so much trouble in his life," he mentally face palmed, since it just made it seem like he cared for him than he already did.

He had to say, though- it was fun having him around. Before Lu Han came along, his life was just work work work and even more work. Sure, on the first day Lu Han was there they had... minor issues, but throughout the few weeks he had come to visit and sleepover, life had a bit more color to it. Of course, he would never admit it to him, let alone, anyone.

The gang went around to more rides until they finally reached the last roller coaster: the biggest one. Lu Han insisted that he went on, but considering his reaction on a less intense ride.... not gonna happen.

***

"I told you that you didn't have to come with me," Lu Han rolled his eyes at Sehun.

"Pfft, but when have I ever listened?" he chortled. While the other EXO members entered the (extremely long) line for the last ride of the day, Sehun had also decided to stay back with Lu Han.

"Why didn't you just go with the others? It beats spending around an hour with me," he shrugged.

Sehun slightly smiled. "I'm not really in the mood for a big roller coaster," he replied. It wasn't a complete lie. Sure, he wanted to be with his hyungs, but... seeing how high it was...

Lu Han nodded slowly. Somehow, he didn't really believe it. Before, it seemed like Sehun was having a blast on all the other roller coasters. But he was going to take his word for it anyway. "So, do you want to ditch them?" he said with a knowing grin.

Sehun snapped his head back to the older. "What? You were the one that said we couldn't-"

"Well they're all in line now. And according to the sign," he pointed at the board next to where the guardians were standing, "it's going to take at least 80 minutes to even get onto the ride."

"Who waits 80 minutes just to ride a stupid roller coaster?"

"Your hyungs..."

"True," Sehun chuckled.

"So we have a little more than an hour before we should get back here. Wanna go do something fun?" he offered.

The maknae cocked a brow. "Like...?"

***

"Bungee jumping!" Lu Han shouted as they reached the top of the tower where people at the moment were jumping the incredible height.

Sehun felt his knees buckle under him. Oh why of all things did it have to be this? The one thing that Sehun's afraid of: heights. The main reason he prefers teleporting with Kai instead of using their spaceship (yes, they had a spaceship).

He gulped and held onto the railing. It was almost their turn... he paled.

"Hey..." he choked out. "Isn't the heights the reason why you don't like roller coasters?"

Lu Han looked up in thought, then shook his head to Sehun's disappointment. "I don't like roller coasters because I don't like the feeling of getting spun around at a lightning speed. It's too fast for me. I don't mind the heights."

"O-Oh," he answered. Okay, so now they were next in line. Just tell him, Sehun! He'll understand, right? Or maybe he'll make fun of you for the rest of your life...

"Sehun?" Lu Han waved a hand in front of his mentor's face. The other blinked twice, then hesitantly looked in Lu Han's direction. "Are you okay? You don't look very good." He placed the back of his hand onto Sehun's forehead, but Sehun simply shook his head.

And then he looked down.

He freaking looked down and almost puked on the spot.

The building was TALL. And it made Sehun's head spin. He quickly pushed himself away from the railing and trembled.

"Sehun... are you, by any chance, afraid?" Concerned, Lu Han spun him around, only to see a terrified little boy.

"N-No..." he looked away and crossed his arms, but Lu Han wasn't buying it.

"It's okay if you are. I mean, everyone's afraid of something, right? If you want I'll pull the plug on this," he suggested. Right as Sehun was about to respond, the lady working the attraction spoke up.

"Okay, next in line."

"We're sorry, ma'am, but would it be okay if we-"

"-went together?" Sehun finished Lu Han's sentence, and Lu Han gasped. Him? And Sehun? Bungee jump... together?! He thought Sehun didn't want to go at all. And now he wanted to jump with him?

Well that was a change.

"No problem," the worker smiled at them and began to harness them up. Meanwhile, Lu Han whispered to him.

"I thought you didn't want to do this."

"I changed my mind," he shrugged. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Lu Han overcame his fear, so why shouldn't he?

"Why? You know, it's not too late to back out."

"I don't care."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Just one more thing, though..."

"What?"

"How are we supposed to jump together?"

"What?"

"I mean... do we like... hold hands or do we... ugh?"

"Ugh?"

"Back hug..."

"Oh... I don't know."

The lady grinned at the two. "You have a choice. You can either hold hands or... ugh, as you call it," she grinned at the two and pat their backs. "Okay, you're all set. Just tell me when you're ready."

Lu Han glanced at Sehun and pressed his mouth into a straight line. He shakily held his hand out to the other, which was taken hesitantly. "Y-You can squeeze it... if you need to," he copied Sehun's words from before and turned a deep shade of red.

Sehun gave him a grateful look. "Thanks, Lu Han."

"Okay!" the worker shouted. "Just have fun, alright?"

5...

Sehun breathed in slowly.

4...

He breathed out.

3...

Slowly, he laced his and Lu Han's fingers together.

2...

He looked forward.

1...

He squeezed Lu Han's hand roughly.

And they jumped.

***

"So how was that?" Lu Han questioned as they reached the bottom.

Sehun shrugged as he was helped out of the harness. "It was... fun, actually. Better than I thought. I was barely scared on the way down, even."

The older smirked. "Are you sure? It seemed as if you were terrified. My hand hurts. A LOT," he emphasized the last part.

"Shut up," Sehun narrowed his eyes at him, but couldn't help the smile that came across his face.

"Do you think your fear is gone?"

"I don't know. It definitely got a lot better, though," Sehun said. It was true. Having the comfort of someone there to help you overcome your fears is a lot better than trying on your own. Sehun remembered when he had tried to get rid of it himself, and it ended up as a mess.

"Well I'm glad it did," Lu Han half-smiled. "But Sehun?"

"Hm?"

"You can uh... let go of my hand now."

"What? Oh," Sehun awkwardly coughed and yanked his hand away from Lu Han's. He looked down at it. Lu Han's hand was so... nice and warm and soft and-

OKAY. Back to reality.

"How much time is left?" Sehun asked. They had left the bungee jump attraction side by side.

Lu Han checked his watch and immediately responded. "We have exactly 47 minutes before the ride should be over. Wait... Now it's 46 minutes."

The maknae looked at Lu Han strangely. Okay, this guy was almost too smart for his own good.

"What?" he asked when he noticed Sehun's stare. "We took 33 minutes to get through the line and bungee jump which left us 47 minutes, but we wasted a minute talking and-"

"Alright, I get it," Sehun held up one of his hands. "I think we have time for one more thing, don't you?"

Lu Han nodded. "I think so, too. But what?"

***

"This is what you had in mind?" Lu Han nearly cracked up at the ride Sehun had dragged him to. It was called the "Caterpillar," and it was one of those kiddy roller coasters that went 1 mph and had the wimpiest turns and drops ever.

Sehun couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah. It'll be fun!"

"What's so fun about it? It's a ride for kids," he pointed out.

"Exactly!"

Lu Han raised a brow. "O...kay." He didn't necessarily understand Sehun's logic at "fun," but it was definitely different from his definition. He was about to tell him no again when-

"Unless you're too scared."

Lu Han gawked at him. "What?"

"You're scared of roller coasters, right? It's okay, you don't have to go on if you don't want to. I understand," he tried to keep in his laughter at the older's expression.

Lu Han glared at him. "Move aside," he playfully bumped shoulders with Sehun, and before he knew it, they were the only ones-  I repeat- THE ONLY ONES on the coaster. Their legs were barely able to fit, but somehow, they managed to crush themselves in there.

To Lu Han's surprise, it was a lot more fun than the other roller coasters. He couldn't explain it. Maybe it was just because of the thrill of remembering how it was like to be a kid again. Or maybe he truly just thought it was the same as any other roller coaster. He didn't know, but all he did know was that both of them were laughing their heads off by the time they reached the end of the ride.

"Ahjussi, can we go again?" Sehun called, and the worker grinned while giving them a thumbs-up. There were no other people in line, so what the heck?

Again they went. And again. And again. And again.... until they only had 5 minutes left before the other ride should have ended. They got off of the Caterpillar, still laughing, until the man working called them back.

"Don't you two want your pictures?" he questioned.

"Pictures?" Sehun wondered out loud. They didn't even know that they had their pictures taken on the ride, let alone that there was a camera on it.

In total, there were 52 photos of them, and each one they were smiling and looked like they were having the times of their lives. There was one, however, where they truly looked like nothing else in the world mattered. Sehun had the biggest grin on his face while Lu Han had his arms in the air, his mouth open.

"Can we have two of this one?" Sehun pointed at it, and the man nodded.

Lu Han started to take out his wallet. "How much are they?"

"Oh, no. For you two, it's free. I have never seen two teenagers enjoy a kid ride so much in my life. This is my gift to you," the worker chuckled and began to print out the photos. After thanking the man and receiving their souvenirs, they were on their way.

"Today was... fun," Sehun admitted.

"Yeah," Lu Han agreed, examining the picture. He never wanted this day to end. It was just him and his best friends, having fun like there was no tomorrow. He even managed to see different sides of Sehun today, some in which he didn't want to let go of.

Finally, they reached their destination, only to see the other guardians looking for them.

"Where were you guys?" Xiumin asked.

"Yeah," Kris agreed. "We were waiting for almost ten minutes."

Sehun threw a look at Lu Han. "And I thought you were accurate with the time."

The older sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "Maybe instead of the word 'exactly' I should have used 'approximately'? Anyways, it's getting dark. We should probably get going."

"AWWWWWWWWW," EXO wailed.

"Whaaaaat?" Lu Han almost laughed.

Kai pouted. "The day's almost over. Which means tomorrow we have to go straight back to EXO and continue working."

Lu Han thought for a bit. "Well if you don't want to go back so soon, you all can always have dinner and sleep over at my house tonight," he offered. It was Friday, so his dad was out gambling. Maybe it wouldn't hurt just to spend one night with them at his house.

***

BIG MISTAKE.

"Baekhyun! Chanyeol! Stop jumping on my bed! Chen, Xiumin, I'll get you food as soon as I can! And Suho! Kris! Don't just stand there and do nothing! Help me CONTROL YOUR KIDS!" Lu Han screamed.

He swore, the minute the fierce, courageous guardians stepped foot onto Earth, they turned into little toddlers who needed supervision at all times. He understood, though. They barely had free time to themselves and weren't able to go to Earth very often. When they did, it was always for a mission.

But come on. This was just ridiculous.

Sehun came up from behind him. "You see what I have to live with?"

"Why is it that you seem to be the only sane one here?" Lu Han pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "My house is going to be turned upside down, and my father will not be very happy when he sees this!"

"Your father..." Sehun muttered. The way that Lu Han had described him... it seemed as if he was leaving some part out. But he decided it wasn't any of his business, and he should just leave it at that.

"Ugh..." Lu Han was close to pulling his hair out. "Well at least the leaders are taking some action," he chuckled.

Sehun crossed his arms and leaned on the doorway to the bathroom with a smirk. "Just wait. There's still the whooooole night left."

Lu Han raked his fingers through his hair and squeezed his eyes shut. "Just peachy."

~~~~~~~~

 

OHHHHHH I AM ON A ROLL HERE! *victory dance* I updated, and it didn't take me 1000 years (hehe... SHINee reference) to do it! I plan on keeping it that way, too. If only I could do that with my other stories... UGH. By the way, as for the Hunhan fears, I'm really not sure if that's why Lu Han is scared of roller coasters or if Sehun is really afraid of heights. It just fit with the story XD Anyways, thanks for all the support! I got a lot more new subscribers than I usually do, it really means a lot~ Don't forget to comment! I want to hear feedback! I also want to talk to you! So don't be shy~ Lots of love <3

tumblr_mi7scmULNv1ri36nso1_500.gif