Chapter One.

A Coffee Shop.

 

Coffee.
It was what Minseok got paid to make.
It was what he served.
Minseok didn't necessarily hate but, he didn't necessarily like it either. The job paid well and covered the expenses that his scholarship didn't cover. Plus, it was close to his home and he knew the people who worked here.
Lu Han, Minseok's endearing co-worker somehow also worked in the little coffee shop. God knows why he's even here, Minseok thought. Why would a very well off, very attractive young man even work there.
The coffee shop was snuggled between a tea store and some indie art gallery. Minseok liked the coffee shop; its pastries were cooked by a fellow literature major, Do Kyungsoo. Minseok really liked Kyungsoo, with his big, watering, innocent eyes. But he really wished that the tanned music major would stop screaming for his boyfriend every time he entered the shop.Last time, Minseok almost dropped an order on a petite grandmother.

The door's bell rung and Minseok looked up.
"Hey baozi." Lu Han said while walking in. Minseok felt something move in his stomach.
"You're late!" Minseok heard someone yell from the kitchen. It was Kris, the owner of the shop. When Minseok first met him (Minseok had to help Kris up to his apartment because the lad partied a bit to hard in the frat above him and they decided to be friends) he thought Kris would have a cold demeanor. But, Minseok later found out that Kris had an obsession with stuffed alpacas.

"I'm sorry, something came up." Lu Han replied. Minseok knew that Lu Han went to the same university as he did. Lu Han had a reputation for being extremely nice and extremely good looking, making everyone naturally like him.

"Whatever, just try to make it on time next time." and with that, Kris left for the kitchen. Lu Han put on his apron and took his spot in front of the cash register.

"Hey Minseok," Lu Han asked.

"Yes?"

"You look cute today!"

"Um... thanks?" Lu Han would make these comments everyday and of course Minseok being Minseok he would accept them in the awkwardest way possible. The rest of the day went on like always. It was Minseok's turn to close the shop tonight.


"Baozi!" Minseok turned around and saw Lu Han smiling at him. "Let's go for some coffee." Lu Han said smiling at him. Minseok wondered why Lu Han would want to buy coffee; did he not just see Minseok close the coffee shop they both worked at.

"Let's go then." Minseok decided to play along. They went on their way and stopped at a popular coffee chain. Lu Han ordered a chai tea frappe and Minseok a pumpkin scone. 

"Why didn't you order coffee?" Lu Han asked taking a sip of his.

"Well, I do work at a coffee shop." Minseok answered nibbling his scone.

"Yeah, but now you get to order after having to take everyone else's." 

"And why are you making me do this all of a sudden?" Minseok asked raising his eyebrows.

"I always see you in the coffee shop working in your uniform but I don't ever see you out and about in normal clothes"

"I go to the same university as you, Lu Han"

"Oh," Lu Han looked at him with big eyes. "Then why don’t I ever see you around Baozi, our university is pretty small."

"I don't know. Our department are probably on the opposites sides of the campus." Minseok answered shrugging.

"What's your major?" Lu Han asked.

"English Literature. What's yours?"

"Dance."

"Oh, so you get to see Kyungsoo's idiotic boyfriend every day."

"Yeah, he's in the same class as me. Minseok let's hang out tomorrow, Please?" Lu Han asked.

"Okay." That was how their little escaped was spent, getting to know each other. Soon the employees of the shop were kicking them out. 

"Bye Baozi! See you tomorrow at school!" Lu Han screamed from the other side of the street. Minseok was really thankful that it was late and not a lot of people were out. Minseok decided to scream his farewell like Lu Han. He was still thankful that it was late and not a lot of people were out.

Minseok went back to his apartment. He didn't take the dorm that was offered to him because Minseok didn't actually want to room with a complete stranger. So, instead he rented an apartment with his childhood friend, Jongdae. Minseok opened the door to find Jongdae in covered in papers and books. Jongdae glanced at him.

"I was trying to organize my notes." he explained smiling sheepishly. Minseok sighed and started helping.

"You don't have to, you know."

"I know but, if I don't, you'll never finish." Jongdae knew that his flat mate was right and decided to let Minseok help him without putting up a fight. They ended up finishing up at around one in the morning. Minseok was happy that his classes didn't start till nine tomorrow. 

Minseok woke up and got ready for his classes. He passed the snores of Jongdae's room and left. During his class he completely Forgot his promise to Lu Han. Needless to say that he was surprised when he saw said man waiting at the door.

"Um. Lu Han why are you here?" Minseok asked.

"I wanted to wait for you," Lu Han replied. "I asked Jongin to ask Kyungsoo to tell me where you had your last class and when it ended." 

"Oh. O.K.." 

"Can i have your phone number?..so..you know..I can find you easier...yeah." Lu Han asked.

"Yeah, sure." Minseok gave Lu Han his number and vice versa.

"Now come on, I want you to meet my friends!" Lu Han grabbed Minseok wrist and dragged him to the student cafeteria."That's Sehun, the youngest and don't worry he's a cutie, even if he doesn't show it at first glance." Minseok looked at where Lu Han was pointing and saw a young man with a bowl haircut. He didn't look like he was happy to be sitting there at all. But, that's probably the way his face just looks, Minseok thought.

"Hi!" Sehun said and waved. "I'm Sehun, nice to meet you." Minseok could hear a slight lisp in his speech. Cute.

"Over there is Jongin, but you already know him," Lu Han said waving his hand. Sure enough, Minseok looked over and saw the Pastry Chef's tan boyfriend.

"Hey, Hyung!" Jongin called. Minseok smiled back and looked at the boy next to him that looked like a puppy. The man had kohl rimmed eyes and tousled hair he was talking to a giant with golden curly locks. The both were leaning so close to each other that Minseok wouldn't have been surprised if there was something between them.

"The small one next to Jongin is Baekhyun and the taller one is Chanyeol," Lu Han introduced. The two didn't even stop talking to each other to examine the new person at their table. "and here comes Tao," Minseok turned away from the couple and looked behind him and saw a menacing looking boy with jet black hair and the darkest eye bags. "Tao meet Minseok." Tao stared at Minseok and started smiling. 

"Hello, my name is Tao. Nice to meet you oppa." Minseok blinked. What. Minseok really wanted to know that this Tao was infact not a girl. But, the oppa that came from her told other wise.

"Tao, it;s hyung not oppa!" Jongin called. Tao blushed and mumbled and oops. Minseok forgot all the previous thoughts and struggled against the urge to hug the panda look-a-like in front of him.

"It's okay." Minseok said smiling. Tao looked at him and smiled back.

"Tao is still learing korean so he sometimes gets his honorifics confused." Lu Han explained. They all sat down and Minseok noticed that Sehun had been staring at him for awhile. Minseok looked back at him and Sehun quickly began to have a staring contest with his food.

"Hyung, how come you never sit with us?" Jongin asked.

"I always sit with Kyungsoo, Lay, Suho and Jongdae." Minseok replied.

"I was telling Baozi here how i never saw him around so i didn't even know he attended this university." Lu Han explained.

"Baozi?" Sehun asked.

"Yeah. Look at him he looks like a little steamed bun." Lu Han sad smiling. At first Minseok would complain about it but it Lu Han didn't give up, so he did.

"He is pretty cute." The guy with the eyeliner commented. What was his name again? Minseok couldn't remember.

"But what about me, beakhyun?" The giant said pouting.Oh yeah, Baekhyun, Minseok thought.

"You're a cutie pie too, Channie."  Beakhyun said and they went off into their own world again. Minseok was now sure that there was something between the two.

"Oh! Baozi, how do you know Yixing?" Lu Han asked.

"Who?" Minseok had never heard of a Yixing.

"Lay." Oh.

"He came into the wrong class and I volunteered to take him to the right one and since it was his first day I asked if he wanted to sit with me when we had a break or something," Minseok answered. "Why?"

"He's my flat mate." So he was the flat mate that Yixing would always blush over. Minseok never really thought to ask Yixing his name. Small world, Minseok thought. Minseok heard his cell phone ding.

"I have to go. But, i had a nice time." Minseok said smiling.

"Wait. Let m-" Lu Han began.

"I'll walk with you!" Sehun interrupted quickly beating Lu Han.

"Um. Okay." Minseok answered. Lu Han looked disappointed but waved them goodbye with the rest of the group. Minseok wondered why Sehun had offered to walk with him. Neither of them were trying to make any sort of communication. When they had turned the corner Sehun grabbed Minseok arm. Minseok gasped and turned around to face Sehun. Minseok looked into Sehun's dark  eyes.

"You know Lu Han hyung likes you, right?"

"n-no" Minseok didn't know why he was stuttering but, Sehun was making him nervous.

"But you know, he can't have you," Minseok wondered what Sehun was saying these things. Minseok saw that Sehun was moving closer and closer to him. Minseok looked at the ground and then he felt a hot breath of air near his cheek. "Because I liked you first." Sehun said and pecked Minseok's cheek. Sehun turned around and left Minseok standing there dazed and confused about what had just happened.


i'm sorry that this first chapter is really short. OTL

let's look at it as an intro chapter XD (i'm so lame OTL.)

this was actually just going to be a one-shot. 

but it did't turn out like that so yeah.....

thanks for reading. :D