The Perfect Partner

Cocky Kris, why would I ever fall for you?

I began to scream "OH MY-" but two hands quickly grabbed me and covered my mouth, I muffled my screams trying to get out of that idiot's grasp and just like that I slipped into the water, bringing him along with me. 

All I could do was splash around, I didn't even know how to swim! I felt his two strong arms grasp mine and pull me out of the water.

My eyes began to adjust in the darkness, "Yah...yo...u...why did you turn...off the lights?!" I whispered angrily 

"I didn't turn off the lights newbie!" he whispered back just as angry, "I saw you go to the pool so I was going to tell you the lights go off at 10pm! I was trying to prevent THIS from happening, and now look even I'm soaked too! Argh!" 

Why would that jerk come to warn me? He has no heart!

I sighed and got up, almost slipping. Ugh I was dripping wet! "If you didn't come and scare me then this wouldn't have happened!" I whined.

"Don't worry," he started to get up, "you just bring me bad luck, stay the hell away from me!" he pushed me out of his way and went towards the dorms.

How badly I wanted to punch him in the face right now!

I was freezing, I quickly ran after him in the direction of the dorms.

---------------

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" my phone, which somehow ended up under my pillow, began to vibrate. I sighed as memories from last night began to flood back to me. I coughed, oh god I probaby caught a cold! That stupid Kris!

I checked my phone, Kyon has sent me today's schedule. I got up and decided to forget yesterday's miseries and focus on my classes. I mean what kind of chance would I have of having class with that jerk?

After getting ready I quickly left my room and went off to find my first class of the day, dance class. I searched the hallways, already forgetting where classes were located. I sighed.

"MIIIINNNN!" someone yelled down the hallway, I turned around and Kai was excitedly running towards me with a huge grin on his face. "You didn't get in trouble last night? Kris told me what happened, he said you're the reason why he fell in the pool but it's ok I don't believe him" he started.

"Please don't talk about that idiot to me" I simply stated. "I'm done with him."

Kai laughed, "Okay okay, I'm sorry. Are you looking for a class?"

I showed him my phone, "OH DANCE! I have dance in the morning too! Come I'll show you where the room is!" he said.

I followed him around past the various vocal rooms and dance rooms, until we entered a semi-crowded sutdio. Everyone was sitting on the floor in groups talking to their friends, which of course I did not have, well other than Kai that is...does he even count?

"Here we go! Min you can sit with us today!" Kai said and dragged me along to his group of friends, the same group I noticed earlier yesterday in the cafeteria. 

I felt so awkward as 11 different pairs of friendly looking eyes looked up at me. I skimmed the group, HOW WERE THEY ALL SO ATTRACTIVE? I CAN'T DEAL WITH SO MANY ATTRACTIVE MEN. I tried backing away and pretending I didn't know Kai and quickly sit somewhere else but, nope, Kai pulled me down next to him.

"Guys this is Park Min!" Kai explained, "She's a new trainee here and she's Kris' friend!"

"WAIT WHAT?!" I exclaimed at the same time as another voice. I looked over, THAT IDIOT! I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE HIM SITTING HERE. 

His eyes also locked onto mine, "We aren't friends. Make newbie go somewhere else." he simply stated.

I scoffed.

"Awww don't be so mean, hi I'm Chanyeol!" one of the boys said with a big smile, "Don't let Kris scare you, he's always moody"

"I AM NOT" Kris yelled. 

Another boy put his arm over Kris' shoulder, "Hi I'm D.O."

"I'm Xiumin!" "I'm Chen" "Hi I'm Sehun and this is Luhan" "Suho!" "I'm Lay, like the crisps!" "Baekhyun!" "And I'm Tao"

"H--Hi I'm Min." I stammered, trying to remember who was who. Too many beautiful people.

They began to ask me all sorts of questions at the same time and I had no idea who I was supposed to respond to but THANKFULLY the teacher felt like it was about time to come in the class.

"QUIET." she shouted, "Today we have a few new students, and we just finished our last project. Luckily it's a new semester and we can all begin on the same page" she began to pace back and forth the studio.

I tried to process her face..she looked so familiar...WAIT. MY DANCE INTRUCTOR WAS BOA?

"The 2013 Music Festival is coming up, and I was able to persuade the CEO to let the best 3 pairs dance in the show" she clapped her hands and smiled.

"So you guys will randomly be choosing partners for the competition! The best 3 pairs will be picked and will have the chance to dance in the show! This will help your resume greatly, and with all eyes on you, your chances of debuting are even greater! So is this all clear to you guys!?" she spoke swiftly.

The class excitedly murmured a yes.

"So let's begin!" she pointed at a jar on the table, "In the jar are the name of the guys in the class. The girls are going to come up and randomly choose a piece of paper, and the person's whose name is on that paper will be your partner. Ok?"

The girls, including me, quickly got up into a line. They all chattered and whispered about who they wanted as their partner. I just awkwardly stood there, already overwhelmed about this whole competition and festival thing. The girls whispered several of the guys name I had met earlier, and they also kept talking about some guy named Wu Fan. 

One by one they all picked papers, half the girls seemed happy with who they ended up with and half seemed sad, they probably didn't end up with the guys they were excitedly whispering about earlier.

I yawned and waited for my turn, there were still like 15 girls who hadn't chosen a slip. Once I got to the table, I rummaged through the jar and grabbed a slip. 

I unfolded it. "What's the name?" Boa asked

I looked at the paper: WU FAN

"Uhmm some kid named Wu Fan?" I replied

I then heard Kai and his friends laughing from the other side of the room, well all except the idiot.

"Guess what Min!" Kai exclaimed, "You get to be partners with Kris!" 

I locked eyes with Kris, only to see his expressionless face, his eyes burned through mine.

Just.

My.

Luck.