I.

Inner Beast

 

No one knew it was going to happen. No one expected it. No one knew she would end up lying in a pool of her own crimson blood, her body mutilated beyond recognition.

“One is gone,” said a very low, husky voice. “Next is soon.”

A rose petal which color is similar to her blood cascaded down from a pair of large gloved hands. The owner’s lips twitched into a sinister smile as he slowly wiped the blood off himself.

 

Myungsoo woke up with a throbbing headache.

“How much did I drink last night?” he mumbled to himself as he scratched the back of his head, ruffling his already messy dark brown hair. He swung his legs over his king-sized bed and padded across the carpeted floor towards his in-room bathroom.

He examined his self-proclaimed — though most girls would also agree — “perfect” appearance in the mirror right above his sink.

“Another day of killing those girls and of course, quality time with my girl,” he said to himself, smirking.

Unbeknownst to him was what actually happened last night.

 

“Really?”

“She’s dead?”

“She’s murdered last night?”

“Who’s she?”

“Myungsoo’s girlfriend!”
“Oh, my gosh! We now have a chance with him!”

The group of airheaded girls giggled over the thought of dating the one and only Kim Myungsoo. Seeing that he had walked pass, clad in a black shirt and black slacks, they stumbled over their own feet, following him inside the school building.

Dead? Myungsoo thought, his lips slightly pursed.

“Myungsoo!” someone called out from the sea of students in the hallway.

Said man’s head shot up and his striking eyes scanned the crowd. His friend, Sungyeol, has a lanky frame that was hard to miss, so finding him wasn’t a difficulty for Myungsoo.

“Hey,” he said coolly as he strode towards the former.

“Myung, Myung, Myungsoo. Have you heard? Your girlfriend was murdered last night! During the party at her place, she drank too much and went a little tipsy, okay, not a little, and she was screaming incoherent curses at some ex of hers that wasn’t even there and then she started sobbing and—“

“Stop, stop, stop. Take a breath and speak slowly,” Myungsoo stretched the last word, raising one eyebrow.

After taking one exaggerated breath, Sungyeol continued, “She went up to her room and the next thing you know, the party ended and everyone went home and she was murdered!”

“She wasn’t a keeper anyway,” Myungsoo shrugged, feeling indifferent.

His friend stared at him as though he lost his mind. “She. Was. Killed. How can you be so indifferent about this situation?”

“Because today’s April Fool’s and I think this is one of your attempt at trying to fool me. Nice try, Yeol.”
Sungyeol stood dumfounded. “I’m serious, Myungsoo.”

“The party part was true, I know. But the murdering part? I don’t think so.”

“Fine! You don’t want to listen? Fine!” Sungyeol exclaimed. He crossed his arms and pouted. 

Myungsoo patted his friend’s chubby cheeks and walked off to his class.

 

“Wait, wait, wait, are you guys pranking me? This got to stop,” Myungsoo exclaimed, throwing his hands up in annoyance as a scowl lay upon his thin lips. “Don’t joke about death!”

“We’re not pranking you. It’s true okay?” Woohyun, his other friend, said in annoyance, his cat-like eyes narrowing.

“I told you!” Sungyeol yelled, pointing an accusing finger at Myungsoo.

“Gosh, Myungsoo. Why would we even joke about death? More specifically, your girlfriend’s,” Hoya said, slamming his hands on the wooden table of the cafeteria.

Said man poked at his sandwich, suddenly losing his appetite. “So it’s true then,” he whispered, the sadness evident on his face.

“Finally, you believe us. Stubborn bastard,” Sungyeol muttered, crossing his arms.

He felt as if his heart was ripped out, and trampled over by a herd of wild gazelles. His bottom lip trembled as he tried to hold back tears. He silently screamed in agony and depression as his friend’s statement echoed in his seemingly complicated mind.

“Are you okay?” Woohyun asked gently, as if afraid if he spoke any louder, his friend, like fragile glass, would break down. “Are you going to be okay?”

Myungsoo’s head moved in an almost imperceptible nod. He looked up and gave his friends a small smile. His sadness is masked by pretense that all is well.

The bell rang and he rose from the bench and shuffled out the cafeteria without another word.

 

“Urgh, I hate Myungsoo so much. He never cares ‘bout me! I’m pretty, I’m smart, and I’m the epitome of perfection. What more could a man ask for?” she grumbled, stumbling up the carpeted stairs of her mansion. She did drink over her limit. “Kim Myungsoo is so full of himself, I can’t believe I’m dating that . He’s even worse than Yongguk!”

She threw herself on her bed. That’s when she noticed a silhouette by her window.

“Who are you?” she asked, a tinge of terror evident in her tone.

The figure’s lips curved into a sinister smirk and he lowered down the hood he was wearing.

The girl gasped as the moonlight lighted up his features.

“Y-You,” she stammered, pointing a trembling finger at him.

“So, Kim Myungsoo?” the male said. “I assume you’re his ungrateful girlfriend?”

All she could manage was a small nod.

“Perfect.”

Then a high-pitched shriek cut through the suddenly silent night. 

 


Author's Note 

Presenting the first chapter. I decided to make this a two/three-shot, by the way.

Please leave feeback, it'll mean a lot to me! ^_^

Finished on: December 17 2012.

Word Count: 900

I realize I don't have much time left to complete this so hopefully... I'll finish this in 2 days.

I hate rushing myself and I'm a perfectionist T_T

I'm feeling  extremely zealous  for some reasons...

This segment is so superfluous.

(Do tell if the font is too small, thanks)