Diagnosis

6 months

 

“I’m sorry to say this, but you have acute myeloid leukemia. We want to run more test to figure out which specific myeloid leukemia you have so we would like for you to please stay in the hospital for the next couple of days. Once we figure out what specific type you have, we can then begin chemotherapy. Do you have any further questions?”

 

The brunette boy stared blankly at the doctor. His head swirling around in circles as he tried to comprehend what the doctor just told him. ‘Cancer? Leukemia? I have leukemia?’ His eyes suddenly became widen with fear as he let the words sink in. The boy’s face tiling up at the doctor as he stared at him with fearful eyes.

 

“H-How long…?” The boy mumbled softly as he awaited the doctor’s answer. His anxiety building as the doctor gave out a small sigh and looked at the boy with sorrowful eyes.

 

“Six months at the least if you don’t do chemotherapy.” The boy cringed at the answer, tears developing on the rim of his eye. He clenched the hem of his shirt as he spoke another questions.

 

“And if I do end up doing chemo?” He paused slightly before continuing, “How long then?” The doctor sat back in his chair, crossing his arms and thinking before he looked at the boy with an answer.

 

“If successful with chemotherapy, then 10 to 15 years. If your cells do not react to the drugs and reject them, then 2 years at the most.” The boy bit back a small sob as he nodded at the doctor. He slowly got up and thanked him, stating he’d be back tomorrow for the test that they wanted to run. He motioned towards the door about to leave, hesitating as he heard the doctor’s last few words, “Please do consider chemotherapy. It’ll help you since you’re so young. I know everything sounds scary right now, but if you do chemotherapy, you won’t regret it Lu Han. Please consider it.”

 

Lu Han nodded and mumbled a small ‘I will,’ and existed out of the doctor’s office. He made his way down the hall; pass the moving bodies, his head spinning in circles as he tried to make his way outside. Fresh air, he needed fresh air; just a small amount of fresh air would be able to help him feel as if he was still alive. Just a small, tiny amount would be enough. Just a small…small… amount… The last thing Lu Han saw was faces before everything went black.

 

A/N: sooo yuh. Sorry it took so long. Critique as you want. Yuh kay. Bai. B||