Lee Howon : Hogyu

Voice of Our heart

All I can do is wait

All I can do is close my eyes

Because I'm staying here

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rain drops outside the place where he was squatting.

'pit pat... pit pat'

He bought two sets of lunch. 

He took out his phone and dialed that once so familiar number.

"I'm here. Where are you? Are you reaching soon? Or are you still at work? Hyung, you better hurry or I'll eat your lunch too." he said.

Hoya squatted there for ages. He believed that Sunggyu will rush there once he's done.

The lunch went from piping hot to cold.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey! This is my place!" Hoya was having his lunch when a small-eyed guy came and pointed at him.

"Who says so?" Hoya retorted.

"Me. Kim Sunggyu." he answered.

"But I came first." Hoya argued. "I came long ago. Didn't you see my bottle and lunch there?" Sunggyu asked and pointed at the set beside Hoya.

Hoya turned red from embarrassment and got out of the place.

It was a play ground for kids. And there was a small compartment under the slide.

"I-I'm sorry for taking up your space then." Hoya stammered.

He kept his lunch and got out when the rain started to pour heavily.

Hoya walked away but was called back by Sunggyu.

"Yah! It's raining. We-we could share if you don't mind." Sunggyu said shyly.

Hoya who doesn't have the intention of getting wet got back in to the shared shelter.

"I'm Lee Howon. You can call me Hoya." Hoya told Sunggyu. Sunggyu smiled and nodded.

That instant, Hoya was mesmerized by Sunggyu's eye smile.

From then on, they would meet there everyday after their activities and have lunch together.

"Umma, why are the two beggars hiding under the slide?" a boy asked one day, Hoya and Sunggyu looked at each other and then burst out in laughter.

It may seem pathetic to be eating under the slide when you have cafeteria just nearby, but for the two of the two of them, this was enough.

This was comfortable. They don't need a chair nor a table because they have each other.

And having their lunch under the slide is even more romantic than having a candle-lit dinner in a posh restaurant.

-------------------------------------------------

The wind blew even stronger and Hoya was trembling despite the fact that he has a thick coat on.

He didn't have the warmth of Sunggyu. 

"Hyung," Hoya called again, but the call was once again directed to the voicemail.

"The lunch is cold so I'm going to get a new set for us. So when you come, wait for me okay? I'll be back soon." Hoya said and hung up.

He left the cold lunch under the slide while he ran in to the rain and to the nearest cafeteria. 

When he came back dripping wet, the place was still empty. 

"Hyung, you're still not here. It's okay, I'll wait. Hurry and come. The rice will get cold again later." Hoya said and continued to wait there.

Soon, the sky turned dark. Unknowingly, Hoya has been at the playground for half a day.

He looked around and his expression suddenly brightened up.

Sunggyu came.

A figure holding an umbrella came running towards him.

As the figure came closer, Hoya was disappointed again. It wasn't Sunggyu. It was Dongwoo.

"Hoya!" Dongwoo called.

"Why are you still here?" He asked Hoya. "Sunggyu hyung is meeting me for lunch, but he hasn't turned up yet. So I'm waiting for him till he comes."

"He...He's not going to come, Hoya." Dongwoo whispered.

"Why?" Hoya asked innocently, Dongwoo shook his head. "Did he went overseas?" Hoya asked, Dongwoo shook his head again.

"Then why didn't he come?" Hoya asked, "Hoya, Sunggyu hyung isn't going to come. Not now, not later, not even in future." Dongwoo tried to tell Hoya.

"You're lying hyung. We promised to meet here everyday till our legs cannot squat. I can still squat now. He too. He will come Dongwoo hyung. You can go home first." Hoya said and continued to wait.

"Hoya..." Dongwoo called, Hoya shook his head. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes. No. He cannot accept that Sunggyu is gone.

Hoya closed his eyes and waited. "Hoya let's go." Dongwoo tried again.

"Go away!" Hoya cried. "Please... Just leave me here!" Hoya pleaded. 

"H-he w-will come!" Hoya said through hiccups.

Dongwoo didn't give up. He stayed beside Hoya till Hoya calmed down.

"Hoya, let's go home." he said as he helped Hoya up.

"I don't want to go..." Hoya said weakly, sensing something was wrong with Hoya, Dongwoo placed his hand on his forehead. Hoya caught a cold.

"Let's go Hoya. Sunggyu hyung is dead. You hear me? Dead!" Dongwoo lost his patience. Hoya being sick worried him a lot. He's the new leader after all.

"He's not dead. HE'S NOT!" Hoya screamed and fainted.

Dongwoo picked him up and placed him on his back.

"I'm sorry Hoya. But Sunggyu hyung isn't going to come back." Dongwoo's tear dropped and was mixed with the rain water on his face.

"Hyung... I love you..." Hoya mumbled.


Double updates for you guys! ^^ Comment lots lots for me okie? Pwease?? :3