BONUS: Crushin'

Between Fantasy and Reality

In the darkness of the night, I think of you, I dream of you, I yearn to be with you. My mind and heart have been stolen...by you...

What was she to him?

What was he to her?

For years she’s dreamt of him.

For months she’s looked at him.

For weeks she’s thought of him.

For days she’s smiled because of him.

Yet for those years, months, weeks and days… she was nothing but a mere…..
 

 



Thysa’s POV

“Hey Thysa!” I heard him shout as I stepped out of my parent’s silver car.


I turned around and looked at him, his handsome face smiled brightly back at me as I waited for him to approach me. We smiled at each other and walked through the green gates of the school together, passing by the noticeboard which had graffiti on it.


“When was that there?” I questioned as I pointed to the writings. I had honestly admired the art done with spray cans though the simple word graffiti had always imprinted it with a negative reflection.


“I think it’s been there for a few days. Aigoo. You must’ve been out of your world when you went to school the days before huh?”
I blushed at his comment and vigorously shook my head.


“No I wasn’t! Just been busying with dance practice and exams and all that” I reasoned.


“If that’s what you say. So how was your maths exam?” he asked me teasingly.


“Oh you smartass. You topped the grade didn’t you?” I replied annoyed. I had practically failed that exam and felt like bursting into tears from seeing my results, yet this guy here who came first was asking me how I performed. I glared at him before fixing my glasses, turning to look at the front.


“Ngaww. Are you mad at me?” He questioned with a pout. Gosh he was so cute. I felt myself blush, the blood painting my face with the shade of pink.


“W-w-what do you think?” I shot back and we separated as we approached our group of friends. I went to the girls while he went to the boys.


Every school day was like this, we’d all hang out together in the morning as groups talking about this and that and whatnot. Eventually the bell would ring, separating us from each other for a few minutes or so where we headed to roll call, to read. Then the bell would sound again, signalling the beginning of Period 1, Period 2, Recess, Period 3, Period 4, Period 5, Period 6, Lunch 1, Lunch 2, Period 7, Period 8 and finally the end of school. Yet during those times I would sneak glances his way, observing his movement as he paid attention in class.


I sighed. How long will this high school crush continue for? I was very much deep in my thoughts that I did not realise that everyone had began packing up for lunch until I felt the nudging of my friend Flodynar and the calling from Eileen. I looked at them confusingly before turning around the class to see that the classroom was almost empty and that I still had my books open and my pens, ruler, paser and liquid paper everywhere.

I shot my friends an apologetic look before hurryingly packed up my belongings. We walked out of the classroom after I had muttered a sorry to my maths teacher. We didn’t see his reaction as we hurried off to E block, which was pretty far from where we were, A block. E Block was out little hang out though I’ve been hanging in the library a lot lately, it’s like my second home now and plus, the E Block group is so spread with groups forming within the group. How sad. I’m sure it’ll be even more sad and hectic for me since you don’t age backwards. Ahh. Speaking about ageing backwards, two more days and I popped into this world. The 10th of November – the day I become 17 this year. I was once again, brought back from my thoughts with the voice of my friend.


“Yah Thysa! Stop daydreaming! If not you’re going to trip and maybe fall flat on your face” she exclaimed teasingly.


I smiled and nodded at her words. Sigh. I looked up and felt the tightening in my chest when I saw him laughing happily with another girl. But then I shook my head and tried to reassure myself. “He’s like that with everyone. It’s his personality” I chanted with of course, several voices popping out here and there.

"No it’s not and you know it”

“Yeahs. He’s like that. Don’t be so sad”

"You’re jealous. Admit it”

I groaned softly and closed my eyes before opening them to come face to face with him. His brown orbs stared down at mine as he asked me if I was okay. I felt the heat rushing towards my cheeks as I stared at him within a close distance, his worried expression made him look so cute and I felt the hard beating of my heart and not to mention it was LOUD! I nodded and gave him a small smile before our little romantic (well I want to think that it’s romantic so what you gonna do about it?) was interrupted with the bear hug I got from my friend, Cindy. I could literally feel my bones breaking, okay, maybe I was exaggerating. I broke out into a big grin and hugged her back, giving her a few not-so-hard-pats on the back, silently THANKING her for interrupting our close session.
 

She coughed slightly at the impact of the friendly pats before pulling away and smiling at me sweetly, “HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY AGAIN THYSA!” I smiled and said my thanks.


As Cindy walked away, I turned to see him still standing there, looking at me confused.


“It’s your birthday today?” He asked and for some reason, I felt the pain creeping back to where it belonged. But we weren’t best friends nor is he my boyfriend so why should I feel this sadness? Because I simply yearned for it. I yearned for his attention and his love. And maybe if he did bother to look at me in such a way, I would be dying of happiness, not literally though.


“Umm…No…It’s in two days time. But as you can see, I got early birthday presents” I replied while gesturing to the bag I was holding.


“Oh! Happy Early Birthday then Thysa!” he smiled at me with that gorgeous smile.


I smiled back timidly and said my thanks before we departed where I walked into my group of friends who had surprised me with gifts and a happy birthday song at recess. I had glanced around for any signs of him and there was none. I tried hard ignoring that sinking feeling and hugged my friends, thanking them for this wonderful surprise – it didn’t really surprise me though, since giving birthday presents to everyone in school was pretty common, especially in our circle of friends – but it was a surprise and a gift filled with their effort nevertheless.


Lunch ended and I was holding a big red bag filled with my birthday presents – thank god there was no inside; it was legal to get ‘dirty’ here at 16 years of age, yes, legal – anyways, I was definitely pleased with what they had got me-not like I could complain and it was rude to do so-but nevertheless, I was happy and thankful. A box of maltesers definitely sounded appetizing!


After lunch was two periods of Maths again – because I’m Asian and I do 3unit Maths which takes up 3/13 of my timetable and yes, I am being stereotypical and I just bothered to calculate that –which flew by rather quickly for me since I didn’t really enjoy the subject but I loved sitting and chatting to my friends in the class! The last bell finally rang, signalling the end of the period and the time to head home.
 

But I was held back behind since I promised to go with my friend, Fernanda, to ask one of her teachers about an assignment. They talked for about 5 minutes but it took us a minute for her to arrive and 4 minutes to get to our designated block with 1 and a half minute spent at the lockers. So in total, we spent 9 and a half minutes after school which makes it around 3:14pm since I left school grounds.


I walked quietly with my hands full, my left with my laptop and folder and my right with the bag of gifts. My earphones are plugged in as I let beats of the music take over, cautious to have only one earphone in my ear with rather low volume music since I don’t know what could happen next, like some creepy stranger kidnapping me or whatnot. But that didn’t happen. Except for the constant calling of a name from a voice, a name which sounded like mine and a voice which sounded like his. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see him. I gave him a look of confusion and wonder.
 

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” came his reply as he folded his arms behind his back.


“Umm…No?” came my unsure reply, I’m pretty sure I didn’t forget anything….. “


That’s not exactly what you should’ve replied” he smiled teasingly.


I laughed lightly before I replied “Well what did you want my reply to be?”


"Hmm… What?”


“What? Okay. What did I forget then?” I asked. I watched as he approached me before I felt his breath fanning my skin.
 

"Me” he whispered.


I think it took about a minute or two for me to figure out what he said before I started laughing.


“You’re funny and cheesy” was all I said and I saw him frown a bit.


“Well Mr Cheesy, I need t-“


“Hello, I’m a thief, and I’m here to steal your heart”
 

“Excuse me?” I asked as I looked at him wide-eyed. I did not just hear him say that right….
 

“Do you have a map? I just keep getting lost in your eyes”
 

I stayed quiet as I watched him with amusement and astonishment. What the hell happened to him.
 

“Your legs must be tired because you've been running through my mind all night.”
 

“You must be a hell of a thief because you stole my heart from across the room.”
 

“Okay okay. What the hell are you saying to me?” I questioned with a raised eyebrow.
 

“Uhmm….” He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck before continuing.
 

“I thought you like cheesy lines?”
 

“I do?”


I was slightly taken aback with his question, how the hell did he know? I felt my cheek flush in embarrassment from his findings and I’m pretty sure he saw my blush since I heard his hearty laughter.
 

“Thysa….” I looked up at him when he called my name, our eyes staring into each other and I felt my heart pound. It was beating so hard against my ribcage that I thought it would burst or better yet, I’d suffer from a heart attack – touch wood.
 

“I like you”
 

My mind went all fuzzy when he said those three words, sure it wasn’t so romantic since he was chucking cheesy pick up lines at me before but he confessed. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. My long time crush confessed to me. I felt like I was dreaming and if I was, I don’t ever want to wake up.
 

“I know that you’ve liked me for a few years now…and to be honest, I started to notice you at the beginning of last year but I was uncertain about confessing to you. I needed more time to assess....observe you? But I’m glad I took the time because I know I fell hard for you” came his sweet and shy voice.


His face gradually flushed pink as he continued his little speech of confession to ME! He smiled sheepishly at me before kneeling down, taking a hold of my right hand – which I had no idea had became empty– he presented me with seventeen different coloured orchids he hid behind his back. I gasped at the colour of the orchids and smiled at him. Had he been stalking me? I mean…how did he know what my favourite flowers were? Okay. I conclude that my long time crush has seriously been stalking me (or maybe I’m just being delusional but I won’t accept that reason so go away) and I don’t know if I should feel creped or ecstatic – maybe more towards the latter.
 

“I know that my cheesy pick up lines probably didn’t give you such a great impression but I want to ask you if you could become my girl Thysa? Let me be the first guy to be your man”
 

I stared at him before breaking out into a wide smile, nodding early. He stood up and embraced me. I held onto him as I smiled brightly.


“You don’t know how long I’ve been dreaming and waiting for this day” I whisper.


But suddenly I pull away from him, making his forehead crease.


“What’s the matter?” he asked with worry.


“I don’t know if this is just a prank or whatnot. I’m scared. I’m scared that you’ll break my heart Lee Donghae” I looked up at him as I said his name; worry, fear and sadness evident in my eyes as he too reflected the same emotions I felt.


“I’m serious about you Thysa. I promise I will not try to hurt you” he replied pleadingly as he looked at me with a hint of desperation. The desperation of wanting to be accepted.


“I don’t know….” I trailed off…I wanted to be with him, this was what I wanted and dreamt of for days…..months…..years...…so why was I backing down? One reason, I was honestly scared.  He’d be my first boyfriend and I liked him….a lot. What happened if it went wrong? What happened if it doesn’t turn out right? Questions and doubt filled me.


He looked at me with pleading eyes, making my heart feel heavy with guilt. “Okay. I’ll be your girlfriend, trial for a month though. Just to see if you’d break my heart” I replied teasingly as I poked his chest and ooohhh was it firm and hard. I could sense his hesitation to my proposal but smiled slightly and nodded anyway. I just have to make sure Donghae. Just a month.


We left together with our fingers intertwined, his felt so soft against mine and I giggled. And not to mention he was a gentleman! He held my gift bag, laptop and textbook for me while I held onto the bouquet of orchids. We smiled at each other as we walked down the concrete pathway in the warm atmosphere, talking about this and that. He stopped abruptly once we were under the bridge. He turned to me and smiled, leaning in to me, he whispered words, well you could’ve guessed it; another cheesy pick up line. But I blushed so hard from his words.


“Your lips look so lonely…Would they like to meet mine?”


I looked at him wide-eyed with a red face. I small him smirk a little before he leaned in closer…his breath fanning my face…his red plump lips now moistened with his saliva....going towards my lips…..
 

 

 

 

 

 

 



“THYSA! HOW DO YOU DO THIS MATHS QUESTION?”


Huh? I slowly opened my eyes, rubbing at them to rid of the sleepiness. I turned my head to face an ugly face. It was my brother, Thaison. I groaned in annoyance as he looked at me in amusement. I was dreaming in my sleep. But it felt so real! OMG. Something must be wrong with me.


“You interrupted my dreams you idiot of a brother! And it had Donghae in it too! OH MY GOSH THAISON!” I complained as I watched him hold his paper, doodling on it with a pencil. What maths question was he doing? He was in freaken Uni! Not high school. Damn it.


“OH! I know what to do now. Bye” And off he went.



 


Author's Note
I’m sorry Thysa and to all those readers out there who have been disappointed. HAHAHA. I honestly didn’t know how to conclude this properly and I thought of a weird kind of twist….despite it being so cliché! Anyways….

HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY THYSA! I hope you liked the one-shots I have written for you! I really hope you enjoyed it too! I also hope you enjoyed your birthday presents! But I’m guessing you did since you had half of your box of Maltesers down your throat in less than a day! Like seriously woman! HAHAHA. Thank you for being a friend I could speak to about anything – especially K-POP! I loved our moments in Maths when we spazzed about a group, a song and fanfics (with the most recent fun and memorable spazzing moment being about Luhan and Kris – those hotties). But yes! I also hope you take into consideration what I said to you one day. Give it your all this year, our final year as high schoolers. Give it all and have no regrets! You will have plenty of time to do what you want to do when you are at Uni! I really hope you think carefully about this! And did I tell you? I love your birth date (only for this year)! 10/11/12! THAT IS SO COOL. OMGAD. MY BIRTHDAY IS SO UGLY. YOU BETTER HAVE A BLAST TODAY TO MAKE IT MEMORABLE! YOUR BIRTH DATE THIS YEAR IS SO PRETTTTYYYYYY. I AM JELLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY! OH WHATEVER. HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY THYSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW GO TO BED HUGGING THAT DONGHAE COLLAGE FRAME WE GOT YOU – I’M KIDDING….DON’T LITERALLY HUG IT….or maybe you can?