Radiating

Between Fantasy and Reality

As the clock struck twelve, the little birdie popped out for a greeting. A male with a long black coat sat behind a long wooden desk, elbows propped and his hands clasped together, resting just below his eyes. His eyes….filled with mystery and blackness sprang open, consuming the world within him as a smirk played at his luscious and plump lips.
 

“Time’s up princess.”

 

She woke up to find her Samsung Galaxy II bombarded with birthday messages. She smiled and begun her preparations for school which included tying her long black thick-like horse hair into a pony tail like she usually did. She smiled brightly and happily, this day was special to her but it was a different sort of special. She felt as if she was reborn; she felt refreshed, she felt like a new person.

 

She walked to school like how she usually did, a hand holding her laptop while her ears were filled with her earphones, connected to her purple iPod nano which rested in her pants’ pocket. She observed her surroundings and found it strange that the pathways were empty. It would’ve usually been filled with students rushing or jigging school. She paid no mind to the unusual event, not noticing a pair of blue piercing eyes watching her every single movement. That was until her necklace lighted, radiating a glittery silver colour which shone, despite the daylight. She stared at her necklace with wide eyes. Okay. So what the hell is happening? A sudden spark of blue dwelled with the glittery silver, the colours of their owner fighting for dominance. She stood rooted as she watched the two colours dance around each other, she was completely shell shocked with cross eyes too.

 

The blue pair of piercing eyes stared straight at a purple pair of glaring eyes. He growled; his deadly fangs appearing as he hung on the tree. The purple paired owner of eyes smirked, evoking the blue eyed male.  His features radiating the dangerously dark purple. “Well, well, well, Lee Donghae. We meet again,” boomed the purple-eyed male as Donghae landed with a thud on the ground. “Yes, Lee Ho Won. We do meet again indeed,” gritted Donghae. He was so close to claiming her back as his, to have her in his arms again; yet this little demon had to appear and ruin his perfect chance of winning her completely without any harm. This meant a battle between the both of them where only one would walk out unharmed and with victory.
 

“Why don’t you just give up vampy? We all know she loves me so why won’t you admit defeat?” taunted Ho Won.
 

“You ing brainwashed her. You possessed and controlled her. You dictated every single move she made; her heart, her mind, and her soul. It was your ing fault that the spell was casted upon her,” Donghae spat as his blue eyes lit with anger and hatred.
 

“But she let me. Her insecurities of your love allowed my intervention. Maybe you should’ve treated her better instead of acting like a ing dickhead. You don’t deserve a girl like her you er,” replied Ho Won with the equal emotion of hate and anger.
 

“I possessed her yet she felt happiness; it was a source of drug to numb the pain you inflicted upon her. That one month when we stayed together was the happiest moment of her life. She had said that herself Donghae. She loved you but that was in the past. It’s all in the past. Why can’t you forget it and just give up?” continued Ho Won as his eyes flashed from sadness to annoyance.
 

“Nice try little demon but your persuasion and possession power won’t work on me. I’m a vampire,” Donghae stated plainly.
 

“Since talking isn’t working, we might as well get straight to the point right?” asked Ho Won who immediately dashed to Donghae who was slightly taken aback with the progression of the battle. He swiftly dodged the fire balls tossed his way but not without getting his long black leather coat burnt. He groaned in annoyance as he discarded the clothing and hailed the whirling of water which blocked off the constant throwing of fireballs, their respective necklaces glowing with the same colour radiating on hers. The battle continued with no signs of defeat as the two continued going stronger and stronger at each other, only ceasing as they turned to witness a scene.

 

She screamed in agony as she clutched onto her head. Her yells and shouts of pain pierced through the daylight but no single human being heard a thing, the world was simply frozen in time and only the three of them existed right now. The vampire and demon felt the heavy feeling of guilt as they watched their lover in pain because they simply couldn’t remove it. This was her awakening process, exactly when the clock struck 8:45am, the exact time she travelled into a new life, born as a baby with no memory of her previous life. This was the vital process to awaken her to her past, to remember her doings, who she was and who she loved.

 

She screamed and screamed as she fell onto the green grass, the sky above them suddenly turning grey but it was only where she lay. Her cries of agony suddenly ceased as she laid unmoving, no signs of breathing whatsoever, her chest didn’t rise or fall, she was just simply lying there with her tear-stained face, her hands balled into a fist on her side. The two men looked on with held breaths and silence. Patience. Patience was what they needed at the moment for her awakening. Once they interfered, her life and their life would be over in just one blink of an eye.

 

Her eyes opened to see the greyness of the sky fade. She sat up and scanned the area before her to see her vampire and her demon. She stood up slowly as she eyed them, still weak from the sudden awakening, her memories rushed back to her like the splash of a bucket of water, she held her head in her hands as she tried to ease the flashbacks of events, from the beginning of her life as a fairy to the sins she had committed and then to the punishment she received. Her sins – part of her flashes did a double-take and brought her to several specific scenes.
 

She stared down into soft blue eyes whose arms held firmly onto her waist as she sat on top of him. She smiled at him gently before bending down to plant a kiss on his lips, her movement causing him to release a low, sensual and deep groan, ringing into her ears like music. She lifted her hand and rubbed affectionately against his cheek, it as she stared at him with needing eyes.
 

The movements faded before she stared up into powerful purple pupils as the male hovered above her, his muscular arms on both sides of her face. He smiled at her warmly before capturing her lips with his and moved ever so slowly to her chin, her jaw, her neck and her shoulders. She felt his chilling cold lips pressed against her warm skin before he moved lower. She pulled him up with her hands and stared into his eyes as he slowly removed her clothing off of her.
 

She shot her eyes open, her silver pupils stared at the both of them and they were once again captivated. Her wings slowly spread open behind her, her long black hair let loose from their confinement. The wind blew against her, making her hair sway, looking like a goddess. She smiled softly at the both of them as her hand reaching up to her necklace, in the shape of her favourite flower, an orchid. She pressed on the necklace before getting a firm hold on it, ripping it away from her body as she immediately burned it with fire on the palm of her hand.

 

The vampire and the demon stared wide eyed with disbelief at what their lover had just done; she’d just killed herself while breaking the bond they shared. Their screams of pain echoed through the atmosphere, their fellow peers picking up the sounds of agony with the latest news of her death.

 

She smiled through her tear-stained face as she looked at them from below, she was drifting away from them yet she didn’t regret this. She should’ve done this a long time ago to rid them of their long pain and the little hope they held onto. She was hurting them both as she was put into the spell.

 

“Now you’re free Donghae and Ho Won...Find someone new and cherish them for me. Treat them properly and forget me. I was a piece of your memory, only a piece of your memory that cannot be relived. The moments we shared, the love we had and the stories we told. I’ll always remember them. Just forget me and live a wonderful life, hopefully without any more conflict. I love you Donghae and Ho Won…but I’m letting go to something we should’ve never held onto.”

Author’s Note
Hope you guys enjoyed this, especially you, you birthday girl!
Click “Next” for the bonus one shot!