Baekho Is Back

Will We Make It? (Sequel to Vampire NU'EST)

Ren's POV

We watched as Baekho attacked Aron. To be honest, we were all pretty shocked that he did that, or rather, that he would do that. I knew we had to stop him before someone got really hurt, but I couldn't fight him, I love him. And then I remembered something. I pulled it out of my shirt and looked at it. It was nothing extraordinary, but I treasured it a lot. It was a necklace that Baekho had given to me for a birthday or something. Since I got it from him, I've never taken it off. Maybe he'll remember this I thought. But, I need to get closer to him first.

"Ren, watch out!" I heard Minhyun warn me. Too late. The attack hit me and was followed by a shrill laughing that was un-doutedly Yoona's.

"Tsk... You really like to daydream, don't you?" Yoona asked me. "No wonder Baekho got tired of you! A guy like him really needs attention and that's something you can't give him." She's such a ... As that thought was made, I found myself attempting to burn her. But, Baekho got in my way and attacked me before I could even land a flicker of my flame on to her.

"Baekho... Don't you remember me?" I asked desperately, standing back up.

"Of course I do. I didn't lose my memory." Baekho said.

"Then why are you fighting me? No, why are you fighting your friends?" I asked. Before Baekho could answer, his eyes diluted into eyes that looked like he was in a trance.

"He can only follow what I say." Yoona explained. I honestly had enough of her.

"Baekho." I called out to him. Surprisingly, he came out of his tranced form and looked at me. "Do you remember this?" I asked, holding up the necklace.

"Should I remember it?" Baekho asked me. I widened my eyes with pure shock. He doesn't remember this? As that thought was made, there was a sharp pain in my heart and I fell to my knees. Baekho really has moved on to Yoona I thought. No... I can't let her win! He never liked her and I gotta make him realize that again. I shot some fire at Yoona and it turned into a cage that was made out of flames. But, I wasn't concentrating on her only, I wanted this whole place burned so that there would be no more enemies for us, and the whole building caught on fire!

"Ren, what did you do?" JR asked.

"Sorry... I was distressed." I admitted. I tried to get rid of it, but for some reason, I couldn't! JR apparently noticed my power failure.

"Let's get out of here." JR ordered the rest of the group. I knew we had to leave, but just like for the powers, my feet wouldn't move! Baekho had really hurt me, he hurt me more than I had thought, since I'm in a state of shock. "Ren, come on!" JR called to me.

"I can't... I just can't..." I said, the tears coming out of my eyes.

"Can't Kevin extinguish the fire?" Minhyun asked, referring to Kevin's ability to control the 3 forms of water.

"No, he can't..." JR said. Minhyun gave him a confused look. Well, duh, anyone would. "The elements that the aristocrats can control aren't just the elements, they're magical versions of the elements."

"So, in other words, this is a magical fire?" Minhyun asked.

"Right! So, only Ren can stop it... Either he stops it or it stops on its own when it's done doing exactly what his heart wants." JR explained.

"What his heart wants?" Minhyun asked again.

"If he wants Yoona to be burned to a crisp, then he can make a fire and it will do what he wants unless he decides to stop it. But sometimes, the power comes unconsciously." JR explained. I watched as Baekho ran to Yoona to try and save her from the fire cage.

"Ren, let her go, please!" Baekho begged me. I only coughed at his request. This might be magical fire, but it has all the characteristics of a real fire, like making you lose oxygen!

"Ren!" The others called out to me.

"Just leave me!" I begged them. "I'll be fine."

"No, you won't!" Minhyun argued back.

"Just go!" I told him.

"Ren..."

"Please..." I begged in a mere whisper this time. The air was getting harder to breathe in now and I collapsed on to the floor, breathing deeply to keep the oxygen inside my lungs. I saw that Yoona was also having trouble breathing, but Baekho was only having minor trouble. Of course, the purebloods had protection on them so they could survive longer if they were to be in a dangerous situation like this. I heard a bottle smash before coughing violently and going into an unconscious state!

Author's POV

The bottle that had the mind-controlling potion in it fell out of Yoona's hands, because of her violent coughing, and ended up breaking into pieces. Baekho blinked in confusion before realizing the situation he was in. As he was about to exit the building, he saw Ren lying there, unconscious. "REN!" Baekho yelled out, remembering everything that had happened before. He really hurt Ren. With that in mind, Baekho ran to his unconscious boyfriend and picked him up bridal style. "I'm sorry..." Baekho apologized even if he knew Ren couldn't hear him. Without another second to spear, Baekho teleported out of there and just in time too, when he looked back, the place exploded due to the fire.

"You guys are okay!" Baekho heard JR cheer. The group came to the couple, all of them in a happy-cheerful kind of mood. "Are you finally out of her control?"

"Yeah..." Baekho assured them. "Let's just get Ren to a hospital..." The others nodded in agreement.

Inside the Hospital 20 Minutes Later

"He's going to be fine... Just a little rest." The doctor assured. The group let out a sigh of relief, what would they do if one of their members died on them?

"You know... You'll have to work hard to get Ren's trust back." JR pointed out after the doctor left.

"Yeah, no kidding." Baekho said. "Especially since he's half werewolf... If you break their trust, it's really hard to get back."

"Don't worry... You'll be fine." Aron assured.

"Besides, if he doesn't warm back up to you, you still have us to support you." Yoonmi reminded. The others nodded as they saw Ren waking up.

"Ren, I'm so sorry... Please forgive me!" Baekho begged Ren as he hugged the still sleepy aristocrat. Ren looked to him and the others noticed how his werewolf ears came out. They come out whenever Ren has a lot of emotion at a given time, like now he's feeling really hurt, so the ears came out and are drooping downwards. "Ren, please... I really am sorry." Baekho said, noticing Ren's ears. Ren didn't say anything, but looked away from Baekho. "Oh come on, don't be angry... Please! I said I was sorry."

"How could you forget about loving me, just like that?" Ren asked.

"It was a pretty strong dose!" JR pointed out.

"Don't take his side, JR!" Ren warned.

"Ren, please... I'm sorry." Baekho repeated. Ren let out a sigh and Baekho took the oppurtunity to kiss him! Ren's ears quirked up right away, but when Baekho pulled away, the aristocrat was glaring at him. "Your ears are up! I'm forgiven!" Baekho cheered.

"No you're not! You're not even close to being forgiven!" Ren said. Baekho's smile vanished and he looked down, knowing that Ren would probably never forgive him for this. "But... I will give you another chance." Ren continued. Baekho's smile came back, bigger and brighter than ever! He hugged Ren, being filled with the feeling of joy and happiness. "Yah, you have to work really hard to make it up to me, you know?" Ren pointed out.

"I know, I know... And, I will, I promise I will." Baekho promised, still not letting go of Ren.

A/N: Haha, I lied again! I have to stop doing that... But, I didn't have much to do today, so I thought of updating. Yay, BaekRen worked things out! Oh, I'm excited about the next chappie! I thought of this during one of my classes, the next chappie is going to have a proposal~ Yes, one of the couples is getting married pretty soon! Which one will it be? Hint: It's the couple with my hubby/bias in it and his birthday is just around the corner! Can you guys guess? Subscribe and comment, please!