Rebels

New World

"Chanyeol." Tao stood stiff, shocked by the sudden appearance of this boy. Apparently named Chanyeol.

"Uhm, Chanyeol this is Kim Sun Ni. Xiumin's sister....Sun-ah this is Park Chanyeol." Tao stumbled over a few words. His usual 'too cool for you' confidence had disappeared. Was it possible that he was afraid of this skinny dork that stood in front of us? Chanyeol stared at me with wide eyes.

"Wait, this is Xiu's sister? Awhh wow!" Chanyeol walked uncomfortably close to me. "How has Xiu been? He have any plans of coming back?" Chanyeol slapped his hand around my shoulder's as though we were old friends. 

"You know Minseok? Coming back? Are you saying Minseok has been here before?!" 

"Woah, you still call him Minseok? You really must be his sister. And there seems to be quite a bit you don't know about him." Chanyeol rubbed my arm, trying to comfort me. Honestly, he was just creeping me out. 

"You didn't answer my question. He has been here before?" I shrugged off his arm and stood directly in front of him. 

"Haven't told her anything yet, Zitao?" Tao stayed silent. "Tsk, tsk. Look's like your boyfriend doesn't trust you enough for that." 

"Chanyeol, that's not why. I just didn't want her to be involved with all of this." He yelled at the ground.

"Then why did you bring her here in the first place?" Chanyeol moved away from me and over to where Tao was standing.

"I didn't think that yo-"

"You didn't think I would be here? You didn't think I would find you? That's a joke. I know everything that goes on up here. I've had to ever since the first day I was here." 

"Look, Chanyeol it's not that. I just.. I don't know. This was a mistake. Come on Sun-ah. Let's go back." Tao grabbed my wrist.

I stood my ground. I didn't want to leave. How could he bring me back there when I still have so many questions that need an answer? How could he take me back down to that world filled with dark and light, when I found this new world with everything in between? "Tao, not yet."

"See, Zitao? She's curious. I'm sure the other's would love to meet her." Chanyeol started walking into a part of the land where the trees grew thick. He motioned for me to follow, and I did eagerly. Tao hesitantly joined behind. 

"There wouldn't be any other's here if it weren't for Kris and I. Kris went through all that training and school just so he could become apart of the stupid Cloud, so you could traffic your groupies up here." Tao called to Chanyeol whose step had become brisk and quick. 

"I could have done it without your help if I had too. And don't complain so much, I paid Kris good money to do that for me." 

As Chanyeol and Tao continued to argue, I worked a few things out in my head. Chanyeol was the ringleader of some group of illegal stowaways. Tao, Kris, and my own brother were somehow heavily involved. And now, I was about to go meet the other people that were apart of all this at their hideaway.  It wasn't until it was right in front of me that I saw the camp. I looked up and saw no sky, for the tree's were too thick and the leaves covered any opening from above. The brush around the camp was also so dense that even when I was less than 10 feet away, I had no idea that there was any human life anywhere nearby. If there was any place to hide from Cloud Officials, this was it. The camp consisted of a small brown house, a large tent, as well as a large canopy which covered a table and chairs filled with food and water. A few chairs held boys, and upon my arrival, several more emerged from the house. They formed a small circle around me, their eyes searching every inch of my body. Tao moved in front of me, shielding me from the eyes of the 8 boys. 

"Real smart, Chanyeol. Bring a woman to a camp filled with boys who haven't seen one in 2-3 years." 

"Oh, don't worry about them. They may not have seen a woman in a while, but I can assure you that most of them don't need a woman to satisfy their needs." I let out a small chuckle and a few of the boys looked down with a pink blush on their cheeks.

Chanyeol turned to his crowd of friends. "Everyone, this is Kim Sun...something."

"Sun-Ni" I corrected him.

"Right, Kim Sun-Ni. She's Xiu's sister, so be nice to her." Chanyeol faced me and began rattling off the names of the boys that stood in front of me. "This is Kyungsoo, Jongin, Jongdae, Yixing, Baekhyun, Junmyeon, Lu Han and Sehun." Each of the boy's were very good looking. They dressed fashionably, but their clothes reeked of sweat and a bit of blood here and there. None of them had taken a shower in a while, and were all covered in dirt. 

"Okay Sun-ah. You've met the other guys. Let's go back now. I'm sorry I dragged you into this." Tao insisted.

"No. I'm not ready to leave yet. I haven't had a single one of my questions answered, and I'm sure as hell you aren't going to be telling me anything, considering you haven't told me anything about any of this before."

I turned to Chanyeol. He was strange. The kind of person my mother would have predicted to become a serial killer, but I felt I could get a straight answer from him.

"How is my brother involved in all of this?" As I asked, Chanyeol grinned at Tao with an unreadable expression on his face. He looked back down at me.

"Your brother is the sole reason any of us are here."

I stood staring at Chanyeol with wide eyes. My brother broke into Up first? How was any of that even possible?

Chanyeol continued. "He found an outlying Tube one day which seemed to be weaker than any else he had ever seen. He knocked on the glass and it shattered. He went inside and suprisingly, it still worked.  It was a Tube for emergency usage, but it was ignored and abandoned by the Cloud officials. At this point Xiumin was depressed from the.. death of your parents, as well as worried about how he was going to provide for the both of you with no college degree. He figured there would be a curious kid or too who would pay big money to get a glimpse of Up. Kris happened to be the first kid. He charged 1000 dollars for a ride up, as well as another 1000 for the ride down. A lot of people went. When I had finally earned 1000 dollars however, I paid for the ride up, but had nothing for the ride down. Which is exactly what I wanted. Been here ever since. I became friends with a lot of the people who payed to come up, and well some are here with me right now." Chanyeol gestured to the boys behind him. "Xiumin made a lot of money, and eventually stopped taking the risk of being caught by the government and got a part-time job to pass the time. Eventually the Cloud learned of the broken Tube and had it removed. I found a Tube from Up that connected somewhere in City Hall, and Kris joined the Cloud so he could get access to Keys. He of course gave us one that allowed us to travel up the rarely used Tube. And that's about it."

My baby faced, angel of a brother committed one of the biggest crimes of our time. He not only smuggled people Up, but charged insane amounts of money to do so. And Tao, my very best friend knew about it. Not only that, but he was a part of it. And now so was I. The worst of all was, however, that I was loving every bit of it.