Chapter 3

The Last Stop

The next few days when by without a hitch. Except for the fact that I still had not found a job. Why is it so hard to get a job these days? I asked myself as I walked around the market. Seems like no one wants to hire me. Sighing to myself, I paid for my things and went home. Lying on the couch, bored out of my mind, I tried to think of something to do. Hearing my phone ring, I picked it up to see who it was and saw that it was Andy calling.

"Hello?"

"Yu Jin, you're not busy today are you?"

"Nope. In fact I was just thinking of something to do."

"Great. Meet me outside Top Media in an hour. Dress casually." Before I could answer back, he hung up.

"What the heck?" I said and threw my phone on the couch.

Well, I suppose I should get ready. Getting up, I took a quick shower and got dressed.

[1 hour later outside TOP Media]

"He said to be here in an hour and here I am. Where the heck is he?" I said and checked my phone for the billionth time.

"Sorry I'm late, I was finishing up a meeting." Andy said as he walked up behind me.

Turning around I glared at him. "About time. I was only waiting here forever."

"Oh don't exaggerate. It was only 10 minutes."

"10 VERY long minutes."

"You know you could have came in and waited in the lobby instead of waiting out here in the cold."

"Well...I didn't think of that."

"I see you haven't changed at all. Come on, if we don't hurry, we'll be late."

"Where are we going?"

"Eric and Minwoo are throwing a party for Dongwan and Hyesung's birthday. We need to go help set up."

"But I don't want to set up."

"Oh stop you're complaining. Let's go."

[Eric's House]

Walking into Eric's apartment, I was greeted with the smell of delicious food and music playing softly in the background.

"Hey guys, I hope you don't mind I brought Yu Jin." Andy announced as we walked into the living room.

"That's fine. More people to help decorate and make food." Junjin said as he hung up some decorations on the wall.

"Those are really tacky decorations. I thought you guys were rich." I said unimpressed.

"Yah, just because we're rich doesn't mean we can't buy tacky things. And we're not as rich as some people" Junjin said looking at Andy.

"I'm sorry I have a very successful group." Andy said.

"It's okay. Now help decorate!" 

Walking over to the pill of decorations, I grabbed some and tried to save them from their horrible job. After finishing the decorating, I walked into the kitchen where Eric was cooking.

"Need any help?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah. You know how to make kimbap right?"

"Yeah.  You want me to make some?"

"Sure. The ingredients are in the cabinet and the fridge. And make sure you put some sesame seeds in there. Hyesung loves anything with sesame seeds and oil."

"Alrighty."

"Thanks."

"So I assume we're making some of their favorite dishes."

"Yup."

"How nice and thoughtful of you."

"I know." Eric replied with a smile.

[20 minutes later]

"I'm here!" Dongwan yelled as he opened the door. "And look who I dragged a long." Walking in behind him was Hyesung.

"You didn't drag me here. I happen to get here the same time you did." Hyesung said.

"Okay you two, since you're here let's hurry and blow out the candles on the cake. I'm starving." Said Minwoo.

"Neh." Dongwan and Hyesung said in unison.

Gathering around the cake, we sang happy birthday and they blew out the candles. A few hours had past and I sat in the kitchen observing everyone. How I wished I could have came sooner. Maybe then I wouldn't have felt so alone and lost. Thinking about what could be was of no use to me considering it didn't matter. Getting up, I slipped away and went outside unnoticed.

"Well, I suppose I should leave and let them have their male bonding time." Sighing I started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Eric asked behind me.

"Home. I thought I should leave and let you guys have your time together."

"And not say goodbye to any of us?"

"Well, I didn't want to interrupt."

"We wouldn't have minded. Do you have a ride home?"

"Ah, no. But I'll just take a bus home."

"I'll take you home. It's late and it's not very smart to be out at night by yourself."

"Are you saying I can't take care of myself?" I asked, brow raised.

"Aniyo, I'm just...it's not..."

"It's okay. I know what you mean." I said laughing. "So is that ride still valid?"

"Ah, yeah. Let me go get my car. Just wait here."

"Neh."

A while later, he drove up with his car and I got in. Soon we arrived at my house and I got out of the car. Eric rolled down the window so he could talk to me.

"Thanks for the ride. I really appreciate it."

"No problem. If you need a ride, just ask. I'll be here."

"How kind. Good night Eric."

"Night Yu Jin."

I waved and went inside.

 

[Author's Note: I'm sorry guys, this chatper kind of . I'm not that happy with it....But my brain can't seem to come up with anything good these days. Freaking writers block.UGH!]