Bliss

Golden Boy Idol

I left the room almost in tears.

I couldn't believe it. I had a job. A real job where I could earn money.

As soon as I shut the door, Taemin, who'd obviously be waiting very paitently for me, hopped up from his chair with a curious look on his face. "So?" he asked, his wide brown eyes begging, "Did... Did he hire you?" 

I felt a smile tug at the corner of my lips as I re-read the paper Mr.Choi had given to me. I nodded a bit and looked up at Taemin, "Yeah... We're gonna be  working together starting tomorrow." 

I'd never seen anyone's face light up so fast. An audible gasp escaped Taemin's throat and the next thing I knew, his tiny arms were wrapped tightly around my midsection. He squeezed me tightly, "Ahh, I'm so happy! I can't wait for tomorrow!" he chirped before releasing me from his hug, "I've got so much to show you! Maybe you can be my partner? We can work together!" he babbles on, holding my hand tightly, "Kibum-ssi, we're gonna have so much fun together!"

I couldn't help but smile at him and shake my head. For someone who claimed he was 21, he sure acted younger. But that was okay with me, after all, friends come in all ages and sizes right? I wondered if this boy would like to be my friend. It had been awhile since I had contact with a person my age. As Grandma would say, "It would do you some good to meet some people your age."

"Hey Kibum-ssi?"

I really need to stop zoning off like this.

"Yeah?" I replied.

Taemin chewed his bottom lip a bit, "I know we just met and all, but I wanted to know if you'd like to meet up somewhere with me later. There's a few other guys I work with here around your age, if not older, and I'm sure they like to meet you. We're going to the bar after work, and maybe you'd like to join in? It'd be nice to have you there."

Me? Go out with a bunch of guys I don't know? And possibly get drunk? I chewed cheek nervously. "Um... Well... I haven't been around other people my age in... A very long time..." I sputtered.

"Ohhh..." Taemin nodded, "You're worried they won't like you, is that it?" he chuckled, "Awh, you don't need to worry about it! It's not like I'm bringing a horde of boys with me. Just two guys, that's all. And they're really nice! I promise you'll like them."

"We-Well... If it's just two guys then-"

"Great!" Taemin interrupted, "It's the SeaLine Cove bar at 8:30, it's just a few blocks from here. You can't miss it!" he smiled.

I smiled back at him as I made my way to the exit, "Alright, I'll be there!" I said with a nod as I passed through the automatic doors. Taemin nodded and waved, a cheeky grin plastered on his cute little face, "I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got to get back to work. I'll see you at 8:30!" he said just as the doors shut behind me. A new job and a new friend. Three new friends if things went well tonight! This day just kept getting better...

Just as I took a step away from the door, I heard someone behind me clear their throat. Behind me was Jaehyuk, a lollipop stick poking out from his lips. "So..." he began, "Did you get the job?"

I nodded and showed him the paper, "Yep! I start tomorrow. And you won't believe this but, the guy I talked to asked me to come to a bar with a him and a few other co-workers. I'm really excited Jae! Finally, people my age I can talk to!"

Jaehyuk turned to look at me, "Hyung, you do know that you'll have to tone down your gayness while your there right? There are some people who are accepting of homouality and others aren't. Just go in looking like you do now. Too much and you might scare them off."

His words hit me hard and I almost wanted to lash out him for bringing that up, but it was true. Most people aren't accepting right off the bat. I can't just waltz in and expect a bunch of straight guys to accept me into their group. 

"Yeah, I know, you don't have to rub it in." I huffed.

Jaehyuk simply shrugged, "I'm just looking out for your feelings Hyung. I don't like seeing you upset anymore than you like seeing me upset. But, if you choose to hide it, then you'll have to come out sooner or later."

"Yes Jae, I know. Can you just drop the topic for the moment? Where are we going to next?" I said, changing the topic quickly.

"Lunch." Jae replied, a smile on his cute face, "We've been out all morning and I think you've deserved a treat. You got a job, that's a good enough excuse to go buy some lunch for you and I, right? I hope you brought money..."

I rolled my eyes, "I always keep money with me Jae. How do you think I got that pancake earlier? Certainly not with begging..."

Jaehyuk snorted, "Begging my . They'd probably only gove it to you if you had a bag on your head."

"Yah! Are you implying that I'm ugly?!" 

"Mayybe..?"

"You little prick! No lunch for you!"

"Aww hyung come on! That's not fair! I helped you get a job!"

-End of Chapter 4-

 

"Thank you Jaehyuk. If it weren't for you, I might not be the man I am today. You're always in my heart. I love you..."

 


A/N Hey everyone, sorry for the short chapter and the long dragged out beginning. I promise there will be some juicy drama coming up soon, just a few more chapters e u e 

I don't wanna spoil anything, but something is gonna happen to his brother ;n; don't hate me for it please ;;

Anyway, I'm happy for all of my subbies, even if I'm bad at updating normally. I doubt I ever will because I get busy sitting on my doing absolutely nada with school and just life. 

Thank you for subscribing! I hope you'll like this story as much as I do. I'm not sure where it's gonna end because I'm just kinda making up things as I go along... 

shot